Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FT_Design  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 31, 2023 8:00:32 AM(UTC)
FT_Design

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)

Hi !

just wanted to find out which DAZ model generation is more important right now. Which do you prefer? (Maybe we can create a poll about that?)

Trying to figure out if it makes sense to convert my old products for G9. They have custom bones and a lot of control properties that won't convert automatically ...

Or is it even worth it to make new products for G9 instead of G8 ?

terrancew_hod  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 31, 2023 2:22:59 PM(UTC)
terrancew_hod

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 46 post(s)
I wouldn't mind a conversion of the "Suspension Straps For Genesis 8 Female" for G9. Maybe throw in a bonus pose to use with the male shape as well since I use it for both.
FT_Design  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 1, 2024 10:42:56 AM(UTC)
FT_Design

Originally Posted by: terrancew_hod Go to Quoted Post
I wouldn't mind a conversion of the "Suspension Straps For Genesis 8 Female" for G9. Maybe throw in a bonus pose to use with the male shape as well since I use it for both.

Yes, that will be the first product I convert, once I get to it. Thanks for your feedback!

thanks 1 user thanked FT_Design for this useful post.
terrancew_hod on 1/1/2024(UTC)
Zeppelin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2024 12:52:44 PM(UTC)
Zeppelin

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 95 post(s)
I'm still using G8, I don't see the need to upgrade.
Bumper2  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2024 4:19:20 PM(UTC)
Bumper2

Was thanked: 182 time(s) in 138 post(s)

I don't really care for Gen9. I've invested a ton of time and money into 3 and 8 so I never really felt the need to upgrade. I also don't like how the bones are laid out and some things that are missing really bother me. Why under the pose controls is there not a 'Mouth Open' slider? Why do I have to go to their head, open up to their lower jaw, and open that? I also feel that too many models look almost exactly the same. Even Gen8 figures feel remarkably similar. The growing polygon count and *slightly* better materials aren't worth the expense for a very slight difference to me. Maybe if I charged for artwork I'd feel differently.

FT_Design  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2024 7:28:03 AM(UTC)
FT_Design

Thanks for your feedback!

I suspected that many people still prefer G8 or even G3.

I didn't really have much problems with G9. The skeleton seems cleaner to me. The Problem, that many models look extremely similar, is a general DAZ problem to me, but I'm not able to make my own models.

The only disadvantage I see for G9 is the neutral base shape (neither male nor female). That makes development more complex for me but also has its advantages obviously.

wurger  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2024 6:29:24 PM(UTC)
wurger

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 62 post(s)

Originally Posted by: FT_Design Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for your feedback!

I suspected that many people still prefer G8 or even G3.

I didn't really have much problems with G9. The skeleton seems cleaner to me. The Problem, that many models look extremely similar, is a general DAZ problem to me, but I'm not able to make my own models.

The only disadvantage I see for G9 is the neutral base shape (neither male nor female). That makes development more complex for me but also has its advantages obviously.

We definitely need some G9 kink items. Cuffs, collars, a properly rigged leash, gags, masks, nipple/clit clamps, etc. SPT updates would be nice, and a big bonus would be a dForce friendly flogger collection (not necessarily G9 specific). I would insta-buy cane/flogger/paddle mark overlays for the breast, butt, and inner/back thigh (preferably with light to medium options). I wouldn't mind a grooming glove set also. Rope/shibari stuff would be a win also.

It was a slow start with G9, but the gene pool is expanding nicely and I have a few 9s that are favorites for me now. I find the biggest challenge with G9 figures is reshaping the hip/waist area as this is where many of the figures look the same. Working with G9 got a lot easier when I upgraded from a 2070 Super to a 4070 a few months ago.

thedeadjester  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2024 7:34:21 PM(UTC)
thedeadjester

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 19 post(s)

Since you asked, I exclusively use G9 and have completely moved away from G8 and any products that only support the last generation. As someone who is working on releasing some products for it myself, I realize how annoying the generic base is to work with but it is actually a benefit to the end consumer since clothes don't have to be made for male or female; they automatically work for both. 

FT_Design  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2024 2:29:52 PM(UTC)
FT_Design

Overall, I also think G9 is better. Maybe over time I'll switch to it completely. Hope I'll find the time to convert some of my older products, since they could fill some gaps in the g9 catalog.