Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jimbojones  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 2, 2023 2:45:28 PM(UTC)
jimbojones

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Any news what happened? See everything down to DarkDesire is pulled. His material was my fave content..

Edited by user Sunday, December 3, 2023 2:24:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fremmen  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2023 2:04:06 AM(UTC)
Fremmen

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 44 post(s)
I was also disappointed to see his store gone as well.
BrotherHades  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2023 2:43:23 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Hopefully it is just a name change/updating branding thing and not him leaving the store completely.

Katsuyaki  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2023 3:23:52 AM(UTC)
Katsuyaki

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Looks like he (she???) has rebranded as "DarkDesire". So far only two pages of content.
jimbojones  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2023 2:23:47 PM(UTC)
jimbojones

yes DarkDesire that's what i meant in my op.. with the older material actually. Messaged him in the past. Haven't heard back of yet. Possible a rebranding?

BrotherHades  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2023 9:16:44 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Katsuyaki Go to Quoted Post
Looks like he (she???) has rebranded as "DarkDesire". So far only two pages of content.

While Dark Desire does a lot of pose sets for DeepSpace3d's figures, I think it was more of a partnership type thing like Meipe and Xameva, or Meipe and Thunder-3D, or Thunder-3D and Chameleon, or EdArt3D and CherryBlossom3D, or Screwt and Halcyone. (Where the one vendor is constantly making sets that support the other vendor's products ie Thunder-3D makes pose sets that use Meipe's grafts, CherryBlossom3D makes a lot of texture sets for EdArt3D's outfits, and Screwt (DisorderCode) make a lot of poses that use Halcyone's outfits, Thunder-3D did poses specifically to go along with Chameleon's Enviroment sets etc.)

It is not a re-branding for DarkDesire from Deepspace3D as there was a lot of overlap where both were actively releasing items. I'd say if it is a re-branding of Deepspace3d it is ongoing/not complete yet, as usually when a vendor re-brands their old store will disappear and the items will show up again under the new vendor name, and so far nothing of the old Deepspace3d figures are showing up yet, ie if you enter any of the figure names in search the DarkDesire pose sets pop up, but not the Deepspace3d figures the poses require. And the Dark Desire pages have had the links to Deepspace3d's products removed. But if Deepspace3d has re-branded or pulled his store it is recent as he had just released items as recently as September/October.

RangerRabbit  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2023 7:17:05 PM(UTC)
RangerRabbit

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 112 post(s)

We were contacted by DeepSpace3D in November and asked to remove their store. We don't question why anyone is leaving so can't answer these types of questions for you. We were unhappy to see them leave and did let them know that we'd be happy to see them return any time. I'm sure if you just post well wishes, they will likely see them since their membership is still active and they can still log in and see the forums.

RangerRabbit
Renderotica Management
jimbojones  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2023 8:05:06 PM(UTC)
jimbojones

I reached out to DS the other day and got a reply. I won't go into anything in detail respecting privacy. Though I echo what RangerRabbit stated. I thought the work was always unique and really hard to duplicate. One of the first reasons I found the site here. My personal favorite of the site as I was a regular fan and customer of the work. I wish all the best with happiness and hope the talents will not be lost here and we can see a strong comeback soon. 

thanks 1 user thanked jimbojones for this useful post.
RangerRabbit on 12/7/2023(UTC)