Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cilla  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2023 8:22:31 PM(UTC)
Cilla

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Is this a DStudio update problem?  Happens on G8.1 & G9.  Haven't tried G8 since update.  Is there a fix?  (G9 first image, G8.1 second image)

Cilla  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2023 8:41:12 PM(UTC)
Cilla

The images aren't showing. I spent all last night testing GP on different characters. First I started with G8F. Worked no problem. I thought well Win 11 was updating while I was posting this so maybe the update fixed it. When I went back to redo some of the scenes where the texture transfer wasn't fully blending the problem persisted. My version of GP works with some characters & not others.
Tests:
Amala_G9_GP_Test_Emissive + HDRI (works)
CJ_Lynx_G9_GP_Test_Emissive + HDRI (works)
CustG9Char_GP_Test_01 using DAZ's G9 free texture asset with scene cam (visible seams)
CustG9Char_GP_Test_02 using DAZ's G9 free texture asset with added cam, scene cam hidden (visible seams)
Fuluo8.1F_GP_Test HDRI + emissive (works)
GP_G8F_PBRTest_Girl8 HDRI only, i-click PBR skin (works)
GP_G8F_UberTest_Girl8 (works)
HH_Sayble8.1F_GP_Test (works)
HH_Sayble8.1F_GP_Test_Emissive (works)
Kiko_81__01_IncludedGenMap (using DAZ's G8F Anatomical Elements (not) Golden Palce (works)
Kiko81_GP_Test (visible seams)
Tara2_G8F_GP_Test (woks)

I'll download GP again to see if there was an update I missed and reinstall. I uploaded Kiko81_GP_Test.jpg & Kiko_81__01_IncludedGenMap.jpg, made them hidden & I can't find them in my gallery to post the links here. I have bigger fish to fry right now. Gotta go.

TheBitterGent  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2023 8:53:31 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)
I believe that there are known issues with translucency maps in 4.22 being fixed atm but that applies to some hairs, shouldn't effect GP.
NVIDIA has recently released new drivers, are you up to date?
TheBitterGent  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2023 10:25:54 PM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Your tests results appear like a possible UV or shader issue.
Check that the active UV for GP is the default under the Surfaces Tab.

I remember Meipe had made a hotfix for similar issue in another post, I dont know if that was to be distributed as a general update though.

Edit: Sorry that hotfix was for a UV script error for G9 Dicktator (Reference: https://www.renderotica.com/community/forums.aspx?g=posts&t=271158&cmsg=0&cmsn=#post536409). The UV being the culprit still seems most likely though.

Edited by user Thursday, November 16, 2023 10:37:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: addendum

Cilla  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2023 12:35:28 AM(UTC)
Cilla

Originally Posted by: TheBitterGent Go to Quoted Post

Your tests results appear like a possible UV or shader issue.
Check that the active UV for GP is the default under the Surfaces Tab.

I remember Meipe had made a hotfix for similar issue in another post, I dont know if that was to be distributed as a general update though.

Edit: Sorry that hotfix was for a UV script error for G9 Dicktator (Reference: https://www.renderotica.com/community/forums.aspx?g=posts&t=271158&cmsg=0&cmsn=#post536409). The UV being the culprit still seems most likely though.

Thanks.  Running 4.22.  Drivers: 546.01 Studio.  I'll take a look at the surface UV's tonight now that I've got some more help at the house.  If the problem persists I'll look into shader limits.  I hope this will be the last time I have to render this goofy modified G8.1F character.  G8.1 vellus hair conformed on 1 render then deformed around the mouth.  Ended up not using face vellus.  Only wanted to use GP for the included gen hair.  I'll shop for some default Daz gen hair.  I think I saw one with heart shapes years ago.  I hope it's in a G8-8.1, G9 pack now.  That would be nice.  The collar textures also wouldn't apply to anything other than the base collar.  Had to manually make textures in the surface tab for text, pendants etc.

www.renderotica.com/sys/GetGalleryItem.ashx?ID=f15a1f33-f5cf-406f-acf8-05c781a8235f&FORMAT=Large  

TheBitterGent  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2023 12:25:44 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

After seeing the image, with a shade that slightly off, it may be corrected with a lighting adjustment or by rotating the glossy anisotropy a pinch.
This issue has come up before. It's as if DS wants to add extra ambient occlusion to the graft shell under certain lighting conditions when it shot between the legs with thicker thighs like that.
Cilla  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 21, 2023 12:36:38 AM(UTC)
Cilla

Health issues & SFW projects prevented me from working on a fix. I hope it's not an issue with what some have referred to as "birthing hips." I don't think that is the case. If things are calm around the house tonight hopefully I can spend some time deep diving into the Golden Palace (ugh was that a Dad joke? Gross). I have a feeling I'm going be missing AO in Cycles if AO is the problem. I uploaded an image that includes the first render I did of the G8.1 character with the included anatomical elements + a section of a G9 character with GP in which I had increased the ceiling emmisive too much, but it worked out because the bright lighting makes the issue easy to see. https://www.renderotica....15703e8&FORMAT=Large

cloudwatcher  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 21, 2023 10:49:10 AM(UTC)
cloudwatcher

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)

Just out of curiosity, are you using the GP shell? Or any other geoshells for the face, breasts, etc.? Assuming you've checked the visibility on all those. You may want to turn off all geoshells and test. The image I saw in the gallery looks similar to geoshells issues I've had

Cilla  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 21, 2023 11:22:30 PM(UTC)
Cilla

Originally Posted by: cloudwatcher Go to Quoted Post

Just out of curiosity, are you using the GP shell? Or any other geoshells for the face, breasts, etc.? Assuming you've checked the visibility on all those. You may want to turn off all geoshells and test. The image I saw in the gallery looks similar to geoshells issues I've had

The um, feline one started as a Lickalicious test on G8.1.  When I switched from G8 AE to GP I did have to run the shell fix script to correct the tongue.  The smaller image was done on a custom G9 character with no other graphs.  An excellent question I would have wanted to know also.

Knowing the quality of Meipe's products I'm leaning towards it being a hardware issue.  I've put off doing a new PC build thinking I wouldn't be in this old house that long but I think it's time to retire this workstation to an AV room.  A workaround for the poor electrical wiring here is to buy an industrial UPS that provides all clean power from the battery with a nice sine wave.  Not a consumer one that only switches to the battery when the power cuts out.  Because of the low voltage at the sockets a quality power cleaner wouldn't be as ideal as a UPS.  Installing medical grade red outlets for amps does nothing but provide a secure tight fit.  With my luck the moment I order the UPS that dreaded day will come when it's time for me to move on.  Hence my hesitation.  I tried to recreate the issue last night using only 1 figure at a time, the default HDRI & 1 emissive light but GP would not break.  I think we can consider this thread [Solved].  Thanks for assisting this weary old brain.  Here are some images from tests I ran showing GP working just fine:  www.renderotica.com/gallery/shorturl/674434/Golden-Palace-Working-Fine-(Forum)?artistname=cilla

Edited by user Tuesday, November 21, 2023 11:41:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cilla  
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 2, 2023 4:30:14 AM(UTC)
Cilla

I didn't have to purchase a UPS.  All I had to do was talk about it in the previous post and I was told the following day I was going to go meet a real estate agent.  That's uncanny.  The problem I'm experiencing isn't isolated to just Golden Palace.  I think it might have to do with Mesh Grabber + Windows 11 updates.  I uninstalled Mesh Grabber before & problems vanished.  Later I reinstalled it and didn't have problems.  Then came a new windows 11 update and with it problems.  I'm going to uninstall Mesh Grabber which runs as root (Admin) and see if the ghost directory on drive D:\ vanishes from log.txt  This Hudson fella is a royal pain.  Log errors below are from a scene not containing Golden Palace.

log error:
2023-12-01 23:58:38.945 [WARNING] :: D:\DAZDevel\Hudson\HUDSON_HOME\jobs\NB_Studio_Trunk\workspace\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(697): Formula output property not found:
    File: /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9/Base/Morphs/meipex/GoldenPalace/GP_CTRL_MorphsNeutralizer.dsf
    URI: Genesis9:/data/Daz%203D/Genesis%209/Base/Morphs/meipex/GoldenPalace/GP_CTRL_MorphsNeutralizer.dsf#GP_Anus_BumpPreset3?value
2023-12-01 23:58:38.945 [WARNING] :: D:\DAZDevel\Hudson\HUDSON_HOME\jobs\NB_Studio_Trunk\workspace\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(697): Formula output property not found:
    File: /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9/Base/Morphs/meipex/GoldenPalace/GP_CTRL_MorphsNeutralizer.dsf
    URI: Genesis9:/data/Daz%203D/Genesis%209/Base/Morphs/meipex/GoldenPalace/GP_CTRL_MorphsNeutralizer.dsf#GP_Anus_BumpPreset2?value
2023-12-01 23:58:38.946 [WARNING] :: D:\DAZDevel\Hudson\HUDSON_HOME\jobs\NB_Studio_Trunk\workspace\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(697): Formula output property not found:
    URI: Genesis9:/data/Daz%203D/Genesis%209/Base/Morphs/meipex/GoldenPalace/GP_CTRL_MorphsNeutralizer.dsf#GP_Anus_BumpPreset1?value