Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dark45  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2023 11:22:23 AM(UTC)
Dark45

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Hey all, I hope you guys are well and are ready for the upcoming holidays.

I posted this over on Daz as well but figured I would post here since you guys always seem to have great information here. Thank you for that.

TLDR : How to take my anthro characters with Fur and Geo-grafts from Daz to Unreal?

I have some amount of experience in Unreal, Blender, and Daz but I have yet to try bridging all of my workings together into one project using Unreal so I could make an animated film in the engine.

So I am looking for some advise if you have some time and know a little about the subject. Here are my thoughts on how I would do this but in simple terms. Basically I'm wondering if I am on the right track on how I would do this.

1. - Create my characters, morphs, cloths, geografts (morphs of geo's will have to be merged with the G8 character I believe), fur, and hair inside of Daz Studio and Zbrush.

2. - Use the Daz to Unreal bridge to send my characters, geografts, morphs, and cloths over to unreal. Retarget my G8 characters.

3. - Use Diffeomorphic to send my fur and hair elements to blender. Convert them into Alembic format for groom hair. Export for Unreal.

4. - Parent the hair and fur elements to the Daz figures after they are groom hair.

5. - I have a motion capture setup using 5 apple devices and move.ai that I plan to utilize as well as possibly meta human's facial mocap for my performances within Unreal. The mocap data can be brought in and applied to the retargeted Daz figure... I believe.

I know that is a very simple run down but I'm trying to make sure I don't need to buy or do anything else before I dive into this. It's a small project but seems like a good leaning experience for me.

Thank you guys in advance for any advice or help in how to set up this pipeline.

Edited by user Sunday, November 19, 2023 4:36:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TheBitterGent  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2023 5:56:40 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 111 post(s)

No experience with that myself. However I know Jay Versluis "The WP Guru" on YouTube just did, or is still doing, a series on Unreal. He has a few vids up specifically on transferring and directly opening Daz content in Unreal.

Dark45  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2023 4:35:29 PM(UTC)
Dark45

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Originally Posted by: TheBitterGent Go to Quoted Post

No experience with that myself. However I know Jay Versluis "The WP Guru" on YouTube just did, or is still doing, a series on Unreal. He has a few vids up specifically on transferring and directly opening Daz content in Unreal.

Ah cool, thank you for the heads up. I'll head over to his channel and see what he has going on. I appreciate the insight.