Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KINKYGR  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 2:02:16 AM(UTC)
KINKYGR

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I have a question regarding the positioning in animations, in this case stimuli. After i set up both characters and align them so they are at the correct level this change happens only for frame 1. Next frame one of the actors goes down or up again. Is there some way to make this change in all 200 frames of the animation at once?

sumigo  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2021 11:10:23 AM(UTC)
sumigo

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 121 post(s)

I have made many scenes using his animation and the answer is no.

At least not that I have found.

I go through each frame.

But there is a 'sort of' work around.

If you work backwards, in other words, start with the last frame of the animation, then change the 'key frames' which should be every five frames in the timeline.

I have found that doing it this way seems to save a lot of effort, the last frame and the key frames on the timeline seems to lock it in.

Another thing is when using this method for some reason the first twenty frames still need to be all manually adjusted, but then after that the method above should work.

dsv4600  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2021 1:40:52 PM(UTC)
dsv4600

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)

I don't know if this will work because I haven't tried it, and am not in a position to do so right now, but you could try creating a group containing the participants, then position the group so that the characters are in the scene position that you require. My experience of poses is that they are applied relative to the group's origin and an animation is just a sequence of poses. Please let me know if it works or not.

Add: You'll need to create the group before applying the animation pose file.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 16, 2021 1:43:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KINKYGR  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2021 2:17:43 AM(UTC)
KINKYGR

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hey guys thanks for the tips. I will try them in the next one, i didnt the current manually. all 200 frames

m0rpheus  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2021 10:52:37 AM(UTC)
m0rpheus

You can create two Null Objects, then parent each figure to one. Then move the Null Object wherever you want on the first frame. The figures will be positioned according to the Nulls coordinates, and since the animations don’t contain key frames for the Null, your figure stays in place without altering any of the animation key frames. If your figures line up perfectly, you could prob just make one Null and parent both to it. I’ve done this (two Nulls) with these exact animations and it works! Hope that helps :)
johnjohn808  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2023 8:10:52 PM(UTC)
johnjohn808

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Originally Posted by: m0rpheus Go to Quoted Post
You can create two Null Objects, then parent each figure to one. Then move the Null Object wherever you want on the first frame. The figures will be positioned according to the Nulls coordinates, and since the animations don’t contain key frames for the Null, your figure stays in place without altering any of the animation key frames. If your figures line up perfectly, you could prob just make one Null and parent both to it. I’ve done this (two Nulls) with these exact animations and it works! Hope that helps :)

I know this is an old thread, but thanks big time!

This worked great!