Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cornmeister  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2022 3:45:56 AM(UTC)
Cornmeister

Hi All,

I'm not able to use this expansion pack on a g8.1f character. (It says I have to select a g8f character to apply),

Any chance this can be fixed ?

tnx!

druc  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2023 9:22:51 AM(UTC)
druc

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

I can use this expansion pack on GF8,1 without an error message, but the texture created is not correct. It seems to create a shell I can't see or locate. Image 01 is when I use the expansion pack, it looks like it is creating a wet effect over a larger part of the texture. If I delete the character and re-load it, I get white where there should be skin texture. I need to close Daz Studio and re-open it to start again. With GF8 I have no issues and think this is a wonderful addition to NGV8.

druc attached the following image(s):
01.png
01a.png
3feetwolf  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2023 4:34:23 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)

Originally Posted by: druc Go to Quoted Post

I can use this expansion pack on GF8,1 without an error message, but the texture created is not correct. It seems to create a shell I can't see or locate. Image 01 is when I use the expansion pack, it looks like it is creating a wet effect over a larger part of the texture. If I delete the character and re-load it, I get white where there should be skin texture. I need to close Daz Studio and re-open it to start again. With GF8 I have no issues and think this is a wonderful addition to NGV8.

Hi, 

This problem is usually caused by the script not correctly recognizing the textures of this character. Please tell me the name of the character and I will try to solve this problem. 

druc  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2023 9:42:31 AM(UTC)
druc

Thank you for answering.

The character is HID Kat for Genesis 8.1 Female https://www.daz3d.com/hid-kat-for-genesis-81-female. I have tried Bonnie 8.1, it is difficult to see being a light skin, but the issue is still there. When I delete Bonnie 8.1 and load another 8.1 character the abdomen to thigh area is white. If I shut down and re-start Daz Studio and load the character again it is OK. Jinx Jones 8.1 was the character I tried to load after Bonnie 8.1. With a re-start of Daz Studio it loaded OK, but had the same issue with the textures.

It seems to me to be an 8.1 issue. 8.1 and 8.0 use different UV maps. I have renders if you need them as examples. 

Edited by user Monday, September 18, 2023 9:45:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked druc for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 9/19/2023(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2023 2:42:08 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: druc Go to Quoted Post

Thank you for answering.

The character is HID Kat for Genesis 8.1 Female https://www.daz3d.com/hid-kat-for-genesis-81-female. I have tried Bonnie 8.1, it is difficult to see being a light skin, but the issue is still there. When I delete Bonnie 8.1 and load another 8.1 character the abdomen to thigh area is white. If I shut down and re-start Daz Studio and load the character again it is OK. Jinx Jones 8.1 was the character I tried to load after Bonnie 8.1. With a re-start of Daz Studio it loaded OK, but had the same issue with the textures.

It seems to me to be an 8.1 issue. 8.1 and 8.0 use different UV maps. I have renders if you need them as examples. 

Hi, 

Thank you for the information, I will get these characters and test them. 

druc  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2023 5:11:42 AM(UTC)
druc

Thank you

3feetwolf  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2023 9:21:04 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Hi,
I've tested the three characters you mentioned and found that their texture settings are more complex than the ones I had when I made the expansion pack. They used two different grayscale maps to express the specular characteristics of the skin.

One texture is assigned to "Specular Lobe 1 Roughness" of the skin surface, and the other is assigned to "Ambient Occlusion Weight" of the skin surface.

This causes the expansion pack's script to be unable to correctly generate gens textures based on these two textures, and can only continue to use them on NGV8. Since NGV8's uvs are different from the character's uvs, you'll see the strange specular effect in the rendering results.

Since the expansion pack cannot be modified now, I thought of a workaround to fix this problem manually. Please try the following steps:
1. Back up the gens textures you previously generated for these characters. These textures should be located in the following folders:
\Runtime\Textures\3feetwolf\NewGenitaliaForVictoria8\ExpansionPack\Textures\Bonnie 8.1\Bonnie8_1_BodyD_1003.jpg\
\Runtime\Textures\3feetwolf\NewGenitaliaForVictoria8\ExpansionPack\Textures\Hid kat\Kat_torso_base.jpg\
\Runtime\Textures\3feetwolf\NewGenitaliaForVictoria8\ExpansionPack\Textures\Jinx jones 8.1\JinxJones8_1_BodyD_1003.jpg\

2. Create a new scene and load a character such as HID Kat. Select the character, then select her Body surface in the Surfaces panel. At this time, you can see in the parameter list on the right that "Specular Lobe 1 Roughness" and "Ambient Occlusion Weight" have been assigned two different textures. The problem is caused by them.

3. Remember the names of these two textures(Kat_torso_spe.jpg and Kat_torso_amb.jpg), and then remove them from "Specular Lobe 1 Roughness" and "Ambient Occlusion Weight". Then assign these two textures to "Dual Lobe Specular Reflectivity" and "Base Bump" respectively. The principle of this is that since the script cannot recognize the textures assigned to some properties, we manually move these textures to other properties so that the script can recognize and process them.

4. Select the Legs surface of HID Kat and repeat step 3. Note that in this step, the names of the textures that need to be moved are Kat_legs_spe.jpg and Kat_legs_amb.jpg.

5. Use the expansion pack script again to generate gens textures for HID Kat. After the script runs, compare the gens texture generated this time with the gens texture you backed up before. You can see that GensMapS.jpg and GensMapB.jpg have changed dramatically.

6. Create a new scene, load HID Kat again, and use the expansion pack script to apply NGV8 to this character. Next, select HID Kat, and then select her Genitalia surface in the Surfaces panel. You will see that "Specular Lobe 1 Roughness" and "Ambient Occlusion Weight" of this surface are still Kat_torso_spe.jpg and Kat_torso_amb.jpg. Here, we just need to replace them with GensMapS.jpg and GensMapB.jpg we just generated.

7. Render the current scene and you can see that the problem has disappeared.
druc  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2023 9:46:20 AM(UTC)
druc

Thank you very much for the work around. It's late here now, so I will give it a go in the next couple of days, depending on family commitments. I am sure it works as I have a great deal of faith in your work. I am sure it will also work on any other characters that have the same issue. 

Thank you once more for your support of the products you provide.

thanks 1 user thanked druc for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 9/24/2023(UTC)