Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mikethe3dguy  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2023 3:29:00 AM(UTC)
mikethe3dguy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Been creating a series of scenes with the same G8.1F character. Suddenly I realized her Headlights had gotten messed up. So far I haven't been able to bring them back to normal. Tried Shell Fix. I have even tried creating material presets of the shell and L&R Headlights, but they still look exactly the same. In the attached picture, the above image is how they used to look. Below linked image is the problem (I couldn't figure out how to post a damn image). Any suggestions for how to fix this?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qVrlTJWc5OSyGPPU6jEHpLrzYc-FkVxB/view?usp=sharing

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2023 7:22:26 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Did you mess with or add displacement on either the shell or G8.1? If displacement was added to G8.1 it could be pushing the graft out past where the shell is. I'd try messing with the shell offset settings on the Headlights shell and see if increasing it doesn't pop the shell back in front of the graft and boobs. 

BrotherHades  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2023 7:27:59 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Also another thing to check, make sure you didn't accidently click on the eye symbol in the scene tab, if this is toggled off it turns off the visibility for the entire shell. 

I mean to me it looks like the shell isn't there, so my guesses are either visibility toggle on the shell bot turned off, or for some reason the shell has been pushed inside the figure.

mikethe3dguy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2023 10:03:03 AM(UTC)
mikethe3dguy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Well, none of that was correct: didn't change displacement parameters, the shell was set to visible, and I drilled down to the zones and confirmed the needed ones were visible too. Turned off the other 2 shells on the figure to make sure there wasn't an issue there. Then I changed the offset from 0.02 to 0,1 and then even 1.0 with no luck... but I then realized that despite all this somehow the shell was in fact completely invisible! Deleted it, re-added one and voila!

Not sure what happened, but thanks for making me realize the problem!