Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wurger  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 9, 2023 6:58:13 PM(UTC)
wurger

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 62 post(s)

Two years into this hobby I've gotten to the point where enough money is coming in that I had to file a 1099-Es this quarter.

And suddenly I'm bored. How do you get bored with lesbian BDSM? Weird thing to complain about, but damn, I sit down at the computer and just stare some nights.

First world problem I guess.

What do you all do when your inspiration hides away?

thanks 2 users thanked wurger for this useful post.
Twisted_Pencil on 6/11/2023(UTC), ZenMaster3D on 9/26/2023(UTC)
Pushee-Ri  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 9, 2023 10:02:47 PM(UTC)
Pushee-Ri

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 168 post(s)
Same problem here - though from a different direction: after 95% of a project is finished, I often lack inspiration for good promo images ... and sometimes just for the accompanying manual texts. Arrgghhh!

Since this creative block sometimes stretches over days - if not weeks - I usually start working on a new project and hope that at some point inspiration will come for the (almost) finished package ...

However, as a 3D artist, such a change is a bit more difficult (at least I could imagine).

Now this is just my personal taste - but have you ever looked into the basic idea of shibari? It's not about torture, violence or humiliation, but about sensuality and the interaction of the female body with artfully draped ropes. Via such a detour - i.e. dealing with a topic that is actually not mine - I came to my XHUDZ thing, for example.

I hope your creative block is over soon, because I really like your artwork.
thanks 1 user thanked Pushee-Ri for this useful post.
Twisted_Pencil on 6/11/2023(UTC)
wurger  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 10, 2023 12:54:59 PM(UTC)
wurger

Guess writing in down helped, had an inspiration this morning...
davo  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 10, 2023 9:24:06 PM(UTC)
davo

Was thanked: 280 time(s) in 165 post(s)
At Pushee, I feel your pain. After trying to get inspired to 3d model a project, I gotta convert it to a mesh, export. Uvmap, rig, texture, morph, do poser poses, covert to daz studio, do ds poses, package, beta test, fix, then think about promo images and text layup. By that point my eyes are bleeding and I have little inspiration to do a good promo art piece. I'd love to get back into.comics but my art style isn't really popular here and promoting my art at other websites is just another layer of work. Sigh....
thanks 3 users thanked davo for this useful post.
Pushee-Ri on 6/10/2023(UTC), Twisted_Pencil on 6/11/2023(UTC), BoobsAcademy on 7/1/2023(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 10, 2023 10:45:09 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Was thanked: 122 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I think everyone has some form of this. Mine is "Come up with an idea for a cool scene, but that means I have to build the set and environment to visualize said scene. Build set, rig set, make textures, fill with props, etc." By the time I get to posing the figures hours to a day or two later, I'm so tired from working on the set to make just the right scene to pose the characters for the idea I had that I end up stopping and working on something else.

Which then inevitably leads to a really cool idea, but it needs just the right scene to set the mood and....
thanks 2 users thanked SnarltheWerewolf for this useful post.
Pushee-Ri on 6/10/2023(UTC), Twisted_Pencil on 6/11/2023(UTC)
Pushee-Ri  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 10, 2023 11:12:33 PM(UTC)
Pushee-Ri

@ wurger:

It's really great to see you inspired again. I saw your latest works in the gallery: Fantastic!
Sometimes it really helps to write something down, to take a step back, or to think of Francis Picabia (from whom comes one of my favorite mottos):
"Our Heads Are Round so Our Thoughts Can Change Direction"

@ davo and SnarltheWerewolf:

Possibly this is a more profound and parallel meaning of "hard core": it's really hard to get images, projects, etc. to the point ;-)

Have a great day!
Twisted_Pencil  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2023 7:34:39 AM(UTC)
Twisted_Pencil

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 82 post(s)

I too find myself exchanging blank looks with my computer quite a lot.

For me though it's not a lack of inspiration but perhaps too many of them, as the others mentioned and @SnarltheWerewolf puts it really well, when faced with the time consuming and draining process of creation I find it more appealing to go ponder that new idea that just came up instead.

I have decided though to make a determined effort to stay focused and get more projects completed and as I assemble my stock and hone my skills the process gets a little quicker.

If only I could afford to do this full time I would be able to get more stuff done... or would I just flit between more works 'in progress' :-)

TP.

I'm just here by mistake, for a friend, for science... anyway you can't prove nuffin'.
thanks 3 users thanked Twisted_Pencil for this useful post.
Pushee-Ri on 6/13/2023(UTC), SnarltheWerewolf on 6/14/2023(UTC), BoobsAcademy on 6/30/2023(UTC)
ZenMaster3D  
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2023 7:19:56 PM(UTC)
ZenMaster3D

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 95 post(s)

I suppose I'm a little late to the party but... oh well....

Originally Posted by: wurger Go to Quoted Post

What do you all do when your inspiration hides away?

I know it sounds cliche but... "something else" ;)  maybe not even something related to 3D/rendering but just something I enjoy doing.

This evening I was mucking around wondering about 'finishing' a mini series of mine or at least coming up with a more "tentacled" scenery but it just didn't click. So the next moment I'm in another scenery (also involving a man-eating plant) when I suddenly figure that... "I want a more realistic look 'between her legs' but just for realism, not sex scenery"; so the next moment I added a basic Daz3D female genitalia prop and before you know I'm messing around in Substance Painter to get this to look right'ish.

Now I'm looking at 2 young-adult figures with a sorta realistic look and what do you know?  I may now also have an idea for my pose.

Seriously... my motto is not to try and force things, do something else to take your mind off and inspiration (and/or motivation) may just pop back into your head.

BoobsAcademy  
#9 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2023 12:43:34 AM(UTC)
BoobsAcademy

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 34 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Twisted_Pencil Go to Quoted Post

For me though it's not a lack of inspiration but perhaps too many of them, as the others mentioned and @SnarltheWerewolf puts it really well, when faced with the time consuming and draining process of creation I find it more appealing to go ponder that new idea that just came up instead.

I have decided though to make a determined effort to stay focused and get more projects completed and as I assemble my stock and hone my skills the process gets a little quicker.

This seems to be a common problem... too much ideas but time consuming when it comes to realization. So you end up with half done projects. I just write ideas down before i go for them and the cool thing is that they get even better when you take the time to think them through more deeply. When it‘s time to start something new you have a pretty nice list from which you can pick the most appealing and well thought out thing.

I just have one screwed up project which I‘ve stopped because someone put out something similar back then.

thanks 1 user thanked BoobsAcademy for this useful post.
Twisted_Pencil on 6/30/2023(UTC)
Pushee-Ri  
#10 Posted : Saturday, July 1, 2023 1:40:15 AM(UTC)
Pushee-Ri

Originally Posted by: BoobsAcademy Go to Quoted Post

I just have one screwed up project which I‘ve stopped because someone put out something similar back then.

Well done - my hard drive is overflowing with botched projects, hard to do projects (slipped tights) and tons of pre versions (e.g. 5 for "theBriefs") before I finished the final version .... but the problem is more about my expectations ;-)

However, I think that blocking for content creators cannot be compared to blocking for 3D artists: as a CC, for example, you can switch to socks, hats or whatever if trousers don't work. You can even start a completely different theme like poses, props, etc.

The choices you have as a CC are unfortunately not given to a 3D artist - like wurger: a rendering is a rendering is a rendering ....

And if you have a certain style and want to keep it (like wurger), the possibilities become even smaller. I can imagine how annoyed - and yes: sometimes bored - you can be as a 3D artist in this situation.

Have a great day - and an even better weekend!

Bumper2  
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2023 2:14:50 PM(UTC)
Bumper2

Was thanked: 182 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Block happens to everyone after a while. I've just started getting over mine, and am hoping to start producing again en masse soon. Currently have about ten (not counting my The Island series) that I've recently made. It only took me four months of recharging. Always let yourself recharge!
thanks 1 user thanked Bumper2 for this useful post.
ZenMaster3D on 9/26/2023(UTC)
wurger  
#12 Posted : Saturday, August 26, 2023 6:51:39 PM(UTC)
wurger

Part of my frustration came from the death of my 12gb RTX 3060, forcing me back to my 8gb 2070 Super. I constantly run out of GPU memory on the 2070 with all but the simplest scenes. That card will barely render two G9 characters, let alone adding an entire scene. My 3060 has been out on RMA for almost two months now, with no indication of a return date, so last week I took the plunge and grabbed a 4070 on sale. Back in business now...