Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Eltuco  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2023 6:25:06 PM(UTC)
Eltuco

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 41 post(s)

Hi. I recently suffered a crash while applying a body hair (non gen) product on a figure and when I rebooted DAZ and then the scene, the db-xxxy had lost it textures, appearing milky white as sometimes occurs when textures are in conflict or removed by using the 'back' arrow. I removed the db -xxy and reapplied, and the HD shell failed to load. Manually removing the elements the shell was 'picking up' in Parameters - the whole body as there were no other shells applied - failed to help. 

Uninstalling and reinstalling db-xxy failed to help also. 

Applying the db-xxy to other characters yielded the same result, even without other geoshells applied.

DAZ genesis 8 Genitalia won't line up exactly with figures now, either, which might be a bit beyond the purview of this topic, but might be of some informational help.

Thanks in advance - db-xxy has always been my 'go to' male gen as it is realistic, easy to apply, and works well. 

Eltuco  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2023 6:48:34 PM(UTC)
Eltuco

Sorry the addendum but i should have noted that the HD shell is the one that fails to load, and that I had applied the wetness graft to the db-xxy before the scene crashed...
Eltuco  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 9, 2023 9:02:15 PM(UTC)
Eltuco

Sorry again - went through a long diagnostic of what might have caused the issue. Ended up saving things so far by just clicking on the universal tool twice. I don't believe I'd been Mesh Grabber for quite a bit when things went down, but something was running in the background and I believe certain morphs will cause geos to struggle. Hope this helps!
dbxxx  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2023 3:48:27 AM(UTC)
dbxxx

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Hi. Thank you for using XY. I guess that's what is in question even though you wrote XXY.

That sounds like a genesis8 issue. I must add that XY has two shells, one for genesis 8 male and the other for genesis 8.1 male. If you load the wrong one it will look like you described.

Also if you modify genesis 8's geometry it will also fail in the same way. These are not issues with XY but with geometry shells in general.
Other grafts not lining up also means genesis 8 has been modified.

Apart from that please make sure you don't have "geometry editor" active for it also makes all this happen. While geometry editor is active all geografts display separated from genesis and all shells will be milky.
Some other tools in daz act in the same way. Try it with standard selection tool selected.

Please let me know if any of this helped.