Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RXYNA  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 3, 2023 5:47:10 PM(UTC)
RXYNA

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Can someone tell me how I get the dick to match the skin? The right model is how it looks with the shells visible and the left models has the shell invisible, I don't know how to get it to match the body skin. Because at the moment I'm using the left version and just editing in Photoshop but that's so long and don't want to have to keep doing that.

Any help is very much appreciated thank you.

TheBitterGent  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2023 3:04:57 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)
G8, G8.1, or G9?
White/Caucasian shell on a Black/African Male.
or
Looks like your load order is off, your running a script with the wrong scene node selected, or your doing previews with an editor tool enabled.

G8 and G8.1
Figure, Graft, Mat Copy, Shell, *Select Shell, add the correct shell skin tone (ethnicity) preset to the shell.

G9
Figure, Smart Graft (auto loads shell), Mat Copy, (optionally load foreskin shell), *Select the G9 Figure (as the shell mats are hierarchical presets), Load the matching skin tone shell preset.

If further fine tweaking is needed, slight adjustment to the shells transparencies and colorations can be made. (major adjustments expose the graft/shell attachment zone borders)

Hope I understood your issue correctly and was able to help.
thanks 1 user thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
RXYNA on 8/4/2023(UTC)
RXYNA  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2023 8:03:55 AM(UTC)
RXYNA

Originally Posted by: TheBitterGent Go to Quoted Post
G8, G8.1, or G9?
White/Caucasian shell on a Black/African Male.
or
Looks like your load order is off, your running a script with the wrong scene node selected, or your doing previews with an editor tool enabled.

G8 and G8.1
Figure, Graft, Mat Copy, Shell, *Select Shell, add the correct shell skin tone (ethnicity) preset to the shell.

G9
Figure, Smart Graft (auto loads shell), Mat Copy, (optionally load foreskin shell), *Select the G9 Figure (as the shell mats are hierarchical presets), Load the matching skin tone shell preset.

If further fine tweaking is needed, slight adjustment to the shells transparencies and colorations can be made. (major adjustments expose the graft/shell attachment zone borders)

Hope I understood your issue correctly and was able to help.

Thanks for the reply, it's a G9 model and he's green an orc looking character.

I followed your G9 steps 

Load in the figure and applied the Smart Graft seen below.

Next I copied the mats as seen below and all it changes is the area on the body.

Then you kinda lose me that this point sorry *Select the G9 Figure (as the shell mats are hierarchical presets), Load the matching skin tone shell preset. So i took screenshot of what I think you mean.

As you can see on the Dicktator shell its using the white skin and it doesn't change when I apply the mat copy.

Heres how it looks with the shell invisible. But with the foreshin still visible.

All I want is the dick to match the body but I can't seem to get it to work.

Again thanks for the reply and I hope we can get this sorted.

BrotherHades  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2023 4:49:58 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Sadly for Orc and other monsters until some special shell textures for monsters are done, you're relegated to trying to match tone of the Orc with playing around with the shell's surfaces diffuse and various other color channels.  

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
RXYNA on 8/4/2023(UTC)
RXYNA  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2023 4:51:53 PM(UTC)
RXYNA

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

Sadly for Orc and other monsters until some special shell textures for monsters are done, you're relegated to trying to match tone of the Orc with playing around with the shell's surfaces diffuse and various other color channels.  

Well that certainly is frustrating. I see Blackadders work and he has it sorted, even emailed asking but didn't hear anything back.

gmretoica623  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2023 5:51:45 PM(UTC)
gmretoica623

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 31 post(s)

I would suggest looking up tutorials on using image editors and matching colors or skin color and employing those techniques onto the dicktator texture. 

thanks 1 user thanked gmretoica623 for this useful post.
RXYNA on 8/4/2023(UTC)
RXYNA  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2023 7:08:09 PM(UTC)
RXYNA

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

HOLY I just got it working!

If anyone else is having this problem here a quick guide on how to get it to work. Follow these steps in orders. Feel free to message me if you're having any problems I'll be happy to help.

First you need to find the the Dictator shell texture file which will be in your runtime folder textures Meipe etc..open it up in Photoshop see image below.

You then need to open the texture file for the skin you want to match from the body for example I loaded in this Orc texture file.

Next you want to select around the textures and seen below sorry for bad screenshot needed to use my phone so you could see the lines around.

After that you go to image - adjustments - match colour and select the texture of the body you want to match.

You should get something that looks like this if done correctly. This needs to be done for both Dicktator_DK_S1_DifM01a and 2a as 1a is used for the glans and 2a is used for the rest of the dick texture.

Once you've finished that you're finished with Photoshop. You can move back to Daz, there you need to select the Dicktator Shell - Surfaces.

This part you need to select Glans and replace the texture from the base colour and translucency colour with the new ones you made in Photoshop. Click on the texture picture then browse on the top left and locate your saved texture file Glans is the Dicktator_DK_S1_DifM01a that needs replacing. After that go down the list and replace the textures for Dicktator_DK_S1_DifM02a with your new textures. Then you should get something that looks like this if all done correctly.

Note I had to go through all the layers and change the Translucency weight from 1.00 down to 0.95 as it was far to dark.

I hope this helped at least one person as I've been pulling my hair out trying to get this to work. I now need to go back a re render over 25 shots that I done with the old dicktator texture..what fun.

thanks 2 users thanked RXYNA for this useful post.
Twisted_Pencil on 8/5/2023(UTC), Meipe on 8/7/2023(UTC)
TheBitterGent  
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2023 2:57:51 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Sorry thought it was just black which already has premade shell color presets.

For fantasy non human colors (as you now know) you need a newly colored shell map, or a desaturated, monochrome (gray scaled) shell map color matched in DS.
Whichever way you get there, the end result is a tone matched shell.
Don't forget to save it as a material preset in case you want to quickly apply it in the future.

Good job, glad you got it figured out.
thanks 1 user thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
RXYNA on 8/5/2023(UTC)
RXYNA  
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2023 5:12:11 AM(UTC)
RXYNA

Originally Posted by: TheBitterGent Go to Quoted Post
Sorry thought it was just black which already has premade shell color presets.

For fantasy non human colors (as you now know) you need a newly colored shell map, or a desaturated, monochrome (gray scaled) shell map color matched in DS.
Whichever way you get there, the end result is a tone matched shell.
Don't forget to save it as a material preset in case you want to quickly apply it in the future.

Good job, glad you got it figured out.

Yeah thanks boss appreciate it! Yeah I saved it as a preset straight away after finishing it xD