Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stfios69  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2023 7:57:58 AM(UTC)
stfios69

Why force us to use the default folders in order to be able to use the AutoLoad & Fit script?

Some people might prefer to have their library organized differently and by encrypting the duf files we are basically forced to only load and fit the items manually. Could you please at provide a non encrypted version of the autoloader scripts so that we might change the necessary paths?

lightBLUE  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2023 8:26:44 AM(UTC)
lightBLUE

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Hi,

The product is a strand-based hair props set and the scripts are there as a bonus to make the loading easier for most of the users.
All of the scripts are intellectual property and therefore are encrypted.

The only folders that need to have their default names are "People/Genesis 9/Anatomy". These folders can also be added, even if the previous ones were renamed.

Every prop can be loaded manually as well, it is up to every user to decide which is the best workflow for them.
Manual loading is just a few clicks more than automatic, and all of this is described step by step in the Free Files section.

I appreciate your suggestion to try to avoid the most common default file paths in the future,
but my first concern is always to write a script that works as expected and advertised and if there are ways to improve I will try to do so.
stfios69  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2023 1:07:57 PM(UTC)
stfios69

Originally Posted by: lightBLUE Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

The product is a strand-based hair props set and the scripts are there as a bonus to make the loading easier for most of the users.
All of the scripts are intellectual property and therefore are encrypted.

The only folders that need to have their default names are "People/Genesis 9/Anatomy". These folders can also be added, even if the previous ones were renamed.

Every prop can be loaded manually as well, it is up to every user to decide which is the best workflow for them.
Manual loading is just a few clicks more than automatic, and all of this is described step by step in the Free Files section.

I appreciate your suggestion to try to avoid the most common default file paths in the future,
but my first concern is always to write a script that works as expected and advertised and if there are ways to improve I will try to do so.

Hey lightBLUE, 

I totally get it, it makes perfect sense to want to protect your intellectual property.
The only thing I would have done differently is add another subfolder in there i.e. People/Genesis 9/Anatomy/lightBLUE/Golden Growler G9 Pro.
I'm only mentioning this since you create multiple assets for gen hair and they would definitely look a lot tidier under their very own lightBLUE folder instead of having them swarm the generic anatomy folder.

Best of luck out there and keep on delivering great products!

lightBLUE  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2023 2:02:37 PM(UTC)
lightBLUE

Thanks for the suggestion, I understand what mean.
Will do so in the future.

Thanks again.
thanks 1 user thanked lightBLUE for this useful post.
stfios69 on 7/3/2023(UTC)
haruchai  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 4, 2023 8:55:31 AM(UTC)
haruchai

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 58 post(s)

Another option, one that is used by DAZ and a lot of character creators for eyebrows etc, is to have a copy of the duf files in the data folder and have the scripts reference those.

I think everyone knows not to move anything around in the data folder so it is unlikely that it would ever break the pathing. I myself put all your Growler products as a sub folder of the gens/character they were created for. Different people have different Library sorting methods and the above ensures maximum customer flexibility, manual install files and scripts they can put anywhere that will 'just work' and less queries for you . :)

Just an alternative thought.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 4, 2023 8:59:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Clarity

thanks 1 user thanked haruchai for this useful post.
lightBLUE on 7/4/2023(UTC)
lightBLUE  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 4, 2023 9:33:06 AM(UTC)
lightBLUE

Originally Posted by: haruchai Go to Quoted Post

Another option, one that is used by DAZ and a lot of character creators for eyebrows etc, is to have a copy of the duf files in the data folder and have the scripts reference those.

I think everyone knows not to move anything around in the data folder so it is unlikely that it would ever break the pathing. I myself put all your Growler products as a sub folder of the gens/character they were created for. Different people have different Library sorting methods and the above ensures maximum customer flexibility, manual install files and scripts they can put anywhere that will 'just work' and less queries for you . :)

Just an alternative thought.

That's an interesting approach.

I'll try it out next time.

Probably the files could also be found with just a file name but that may take more time and I would need to test that. 

DazScript is not really my preferred programing language :) I'm a Unity C# programmer.

Thanks for the tip, I really appreciate it.

thanks 1 user thanked lightBLUE for this useful post.
haruchai on 7/4/2023(UTC)