10 Pages«<45678>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
crikett  
#101 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2023 4:46:55 PM(UTC)
crikett

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Originally Posted by: 42snoopy Go to Quoted Post

Should be more on the order of over a few minutes to run.

Can you go to System Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Security and see if you are set to "App Store and Identified Developers" ?

If not please change and then try again

If you are then can you navigate to your "data/3feetwolf/New Genitalia for Genesis 9/Resources" and double click the "preprocessingMac" app ? It should launch and then quit - and then try again. 

Also - what version of MacOS are you running and HW?  

Security and/or permissions had been one of my first thoughts... and while there were not signs in the logs of any issues, I did check both (was able to manually launch the app, not that it did anything, and all permissions on my DAZ directories should allow for RW).  I timed the running, and it was 22 seconds - this is on a Mac Studio (20 Core M! Ultra, 128GB RAM) running 12.6.1.

42snoopy  
#102 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2023 5:12:52 PM(UTC)
42snoopy

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Originally Posted by: crikett Go to Quoted Post

Should be more on the order of over a few minutes to run.

Can you go to System Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Security and see if you are set to "App Store and Identified Developers" ?

If not please change and then try again

If you are then can you navigate to your "data/3feetwolf/New Genitalia for Genesis 9/Resources" and double click the "preprocessingMac" app ? It should launch and then quit - and then try again. 

Also - what version of MacOS are you running and HW?  

Security and/or permissions had been one of my first thoughts... and while there were not signs in the logs of any issues, I did check both (was able to manually launch the app, not that it did anything, and all permissions on my DAZ directories should allow for RW).  I timed the running, and it was 22 seconds - this is on a Mac Studio (20 Core M! Ultra, 128GB RAM) running 12.6.1.

On a 2.7 GHz 24-Core Intel Xeon W it takes a few minutes, if you feel comfortable working at the command line, can you navigate to the resources directory 

vi preproccessing.bat

change @echo off to #!/bin/bash

change the portion that says 

data/3feetwolf/New Genitalia for Genesis 9/Resources/preprocessingMac.app

to

data/3feetwolf/New Genitalia for Genesis 9/Resources/preprocessingMac.app/Contents/MacOS/preprocessingMac

save it, and then at the terminal command line

chmod 755  preproccessing.bat

and then issue the command

./preproccessing.bat

I'm expecting that you'll get an error something like 

[1496] Error loading Python lib '/var/folders/v6/kwv8sn296nv8nq839_n_7njm0000gn/T/_MEIl5Z7kk/Python': dlopen: dlopen(/var/folders/v6/kwv8sn296nv8nq839_n_7njm0000gn/T/_MEIl5Z7kk/Python, 0x000A): Symbol not found: (_mkfifoat)
  Referenced from: '/private/var/folders/v6/kwv8sn296nv8nq839_n_7njm0000gn/T/_MEIl5Z7kk/Python'
  Expected in: '/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib'

Edited by user Monday, February 13, 2023 8:59:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: corrected #!/bin/bash

skeeter99  
#103 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2023 2:39:46 PM(UTC)
skeeter99

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

After fighting with this on a Mac and finally getting the security settings to accept the batch processing, it now looks as though it is running, but after it finishes step 1, it won't allow me to customize or apply genitalia.  Also preprocessing still give the "Start" or "Exit" options.  So if obviously didn't work.  I'm thoroughly disappointed in this product.  There should at least be manual way to load things.  Wish there was a way to get a refund and not really interested in fighting with it for much longer.  

42snoopy  
#104 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2023 8:26:39 PM(UTC)
42snoopy

Originally Posted by: skeeter99 Go to Quoted Post

After fighting with this on a Mac and finally getting the security settings to accept the batch processing, it now looks as though it is running, but after it finishes step 1, it won't allow me to customize or apply genitalia.  Also preprocessing still give the "Start" or "Exit" options.  So if obviously didn't work.  I'm thoroughly disappointed in this product.  There should at least be manual way to load things.  Wish there was a way to get a refund and not really interested in fighting with it for much longer.  

If you are running on a version of MacOS lower than 13.1 please let me know, I think there was a library update that was made between the two versions (it was compiled on 13.1).

thanks 1 user thanked 42snoopy for this useful post.
skeeter99 on 2/13/2023(UTC)
mrvoll  
#105 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2023 1:05:52 AM(UTC)
mrvoll

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: mrvoll Go to Quoted Post
Any update on when pubes for GF9 will be made available?

Hi, 

Currently I'm having some technical issues. It would be simple if it was just to make some pubes. But as I hope to add more useful features to this product, there are still some kinks that will take time to work out.  

Thanks, good to hear you are working on something for us :)

crikett  
#106 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2023 1:16:34 AM(UTC)
crikett

On a 2.7 GHz 24-Core Intel Xeon W it takes a few minutes, if you feel comfortable working at the command line, can you navigate to the resources directory 

vi preproccessing.bat

change @echo off to #!bin/bash

to

data/3feetwolf/New Genitalia for Genesis 9/Resources/preprocessingMac.app/Contents/MacOS/preprocessingMac

./preproccessing.bat

[1496] Error loading Python lib '/var/folders/v6/kwv8sn296nv8nq839_n_7njm0000gn/T/_MEIl5Z7kk/Python': dlopen: dlopen(/var/folders/v6/kwv8sn296nv8nq839_n_7njm0000gn/T/_MEIl5Z7kk/Python, 0x000A): Symbol not found: (_mkfifoat)
  Referenced from: '/private/var/folders/v6/kwv8sn296nv8nq839_n_7njm0000gn/T/_MEIl5Z7kk/Python'

Ok - had a few problems running it... tried adding executable permissions and then running as a standard procedure, though ultimately seems like it just preferred the path of #!/bin/bash with the leading slash...

[2591] Error loading Python lib '/var/folders/38/0dm6dztd1k79lfh47qvbpxj40000gn/T/_MEIv94sRv/Python': dlopen: dlopen(/var/folders/38/0dm6dztd1k79lfh47qvbpxj40000gn/T/_MEIv94sRv/Python, 0x000A): Symbol not found: (_mkfifoat)

Referenced from: '/private/var/folders/38/0dm6dztd1k79lfh47qvbpxj40000gn/T/_MEIv94sRv/Python'

So ultimately seems like the expected error.  And thanks for helping!

42snoopy  
#107 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2023 9:10:08 AM(UTC)
42snoopy

vi preproccessing.bat

change @echo off to #!bin/bash

to

./preproccessing.bat

Ok - had a few problems running it... tried adding executable permissions and then running as a standard procedure, though ultimately seems like it just preferred the path of #!/bin/bash with the leading slash...

[2591] Error loading Python lib '/var/folders/38/0dm6dztd1k79lfh47qvbpxj40000gn/T/_MEIv94sRv/Python': dlopen: dlopen(/var/folders/38/0dm6dztd1k79lfh47qvbpxj40000gn/T/_MEIv94sRv/Python, 0x000A): Symbol not found: (_mkfifoat)

Referenced from: '/private/var/folders/38/0dm6dztd1k79lfh47qvbpxj40000gn/T/_MEIv94sRv/Python'

So ultimately seems like the expected error.  And thanks for helping!

Are you able / willing to upgrade to MacOS 13 (latest) ?

skeeter99  
#108 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2023 1:05:11 PM(UTC)
skeeter99

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Originally Posted by: skeeter99 Go to Quoted Post

If you are running on a version of MacOS lower than 13.1 please let me know, I think there was a library update that was made between the two versions (it was compiled on 13.1).

I was running on a 12.x version before.  Upgraded to 13.2 today and it seems to be working now.  Thanks!

thanks 1 user thanked skeeter99 for this useful post.
42snoopy on 2/13/2023(UTC)
crikett  
#109 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2023 4:47:38 PM(UTC)
crikett

Are you able / willing to upgrade to MacOS 13 (latest) ?

Generally, yes... though I will need to run through items in my DAW and plugins and such before doing that (the main reason I usually lag 6-8 months behind such OS releases); I suspect we are likely all clear, but I will need to double check any items that are important to those work flows.

crikett  
#110 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2023 9:14:59 PM(UTC)
crikett

Success! It is working... the issue does appear to have been Python3. Thanks so much for the assistance.
thanks 2 users thanked crikett for this useful post.
42snoopy on 2/13/2023(UTC), 3feetwolf on 2/14/2023(UTC)
42snoopy  
#111 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2023 9:55:46 PM(UTC)
42snoopy

Success! It is working... the issue does appear to have been Python3. Thanks so much for the assistance.

Thank you for the patience and assistance in understanding the problem. Enjoy your NGG9.

thanks 1 user thanked 42snoopy for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 2/14/2023(UTC)
jericho58  
#112 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2023 11:35:17 PM(UTC)
jericho58

I'm having the same problem with getting it to run but can't update to OS 13 (my system won't let me). I have 12.6.3.
What are my options?
power2me  
#113 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2023 9:18:44 PM(UTC)
power2me

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I just purchased this because it's a staple for all my gen8 females unfortunately Josie 9 gens are distorted pretty badly when she is posed. Neutral pose she looks fine. I skimmed over the first few pages of this thread and I'm honestly confused. Im running the newest version of Daz, Windows 10 and NVIDIA Drivers. My rig is a 5900x, 3080 12GB, and 64GB of RAM. I have Mesh Grabber, is that the only fix for this? And how would one use Mesh Grabber to fix it? I saw that some of the models where being fixed, please let me know what I can do to fix this, and if official support could be added to Josie 9 that would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

3feetwolf  
#114 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2023 7:38:16 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)

Originally Posted by: power2me Go to Quoted Post

I just purchased this because it's a staple for all my gen8 females unfortunately Josie 9 gens are distorted pretty badly when she is posed. Neutral pose she looks fine. I skimmed over the first few pages of this thread and I'm honestly confused. Im running the newest version of Daz, Windows 10 and NVIDIA Drivers. My rig is a 5900x, 3080 12GB, and 64GB of RAM. I have Mesh Grabber, is that the only fix for this? And how would one use Mesh Grabber to fix it? I saw that some of the models where being fixed, please let me know what I can do to fix this, and if official support could be added to Josie 9 that would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Hi, 

Have you downloaded and installed the latest installation package of NG9? It has been updated to optimize for Josie 9. If you have installed the latest NG9 but the problem persists, please let me know. I will continue to search for the real cause of the problem for you. 

Su7Sonic  
#115 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2023 5:07:08 PM(UTC)
Su7Sonic

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hi, 

Have you downloaded and installed the latest installation package of NG9? It has been updated to optimize for Josie 9. If you have installed the latest NG9 but the problem persists, please let me know. I will continue to search for the real cause of the problem for you. 

Hi,

I have the same problem with Josie 9. I have downloaded the latest version for Windows, no luck.

Tried playing with the "rotation when thighs open" dial, but doesn't really help.

One thing I noticed, Josie 9 is not in the list for Actor/Full body/People under Parameters. Is that normal, or should we see a Josie 9 there?

Thanks

thanks 1 user thanked Su7Sonic for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 3/16/2023(UTC)
power2me  
#116 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2023 6:50:48 PM(UTC)
power2me

Many thanks in advance

Hi, 

I have downloaded the newest version, It looks good when in neutral pose but as soon as a use a pose preset it does this :(

thanks 1 user thanked power2me for this useful post.
power2me  
#117 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2023 6:54:43 PM(UTC)
power2me

Originally Posted by: Su7Sonic Go to Quoted Post

Hi, 

Hi,

I have the same problem with Josie 9. I have downloaded the latest version for Windows, no luck.

Tried playing with the "rotation when thighs open" dial, but doesn't really help.

One thing I noticed, Josie 9 is not in the list for Actor/Full body/People under Parameters. Is that normal, or should we see a Josie 9 there?

Thanks

Same, Im not seeing the morph for her in the actors section either, which made me think that josie 9 just wasn't done yet. We'll get there tho <3 , for now im doing a bunch of post render stuff in photoshop to fix this. In short I'm using 2 renders (one with josie morph and one without) and blending the genz/pelvic area into a final render. It's a solution but its not for everyone and def not a permanent solution.

thanks 1 user thanked power2me for this useful post.
3feetwolf  
#118 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2023 9:53:02 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Hi, 

Hi,

Thanks

Same, Im not seeing the morph for her in the actors section either, which made me think that josie 9 just wasn't done yet. We'll get there tho <3 , for now im doing a bunch of post render stuff in photoshop to fix this. In short I'm using 2 renders (one with josie morph and one without) and blending the genz/pelvic area into a final render. It's a solution but its not for everyone and def not a permanent solution.

Thank you for your feedback, I also found that Josie is something different after further testing, but I haven't been able to find out what the problem is, please give me some time.  

thanks 2 users thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
power2me on 3/18/2023(UTC), Su7Sonic on 3/19/2023(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#119 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2023 7:22:06 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Hi, 

Hi,

Thanks

The cause of the problem is a hidden morph of Josie, Josie9_body_cbs_thigh_x90n. This morph changes the shape of Josie's pussy as the thigh flexes. Its purpose is to make Josie's crotch look more realistic without third party gens props. However, when NG9 is applied to Josie, this morph has a negative effect on the shape of NG9. 
Go to the Parameters panel to find this morph and dial it to a small value or even 0, and you can see that the shape of the NG9 changes. 
I should be able to post an update to the forum tomorrow. 

thanks 2 users thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
Su7Sonic on 3/19/2023(UTC), power2me on 3/22/2023(UTC)
Su7Sonic  
#120 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2023 7:59:39 AM(UTC)
Su7Sonic

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thank you for looking into this, your help is greatly appreciated.
I can confirm this helps a lot and now "Rotation when thighs open" makes it better. The problem doesn't fully go away, but it's much better.

For future reference, to see the hidden morphs, click on the menu icon above the Parameters tab (Arrow pointing left with 4 lines) - Preferences - Show Hidden Properties, then use the search function in the Parameters section to search for the morph.

thanks 2 users thanked Su7Sonic for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 3/21/2023(UTC), power2me on 3/22/2023(UTC)