10 Pages«<34567>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
3feetwolf  
#81 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2023 9:41:35 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 258 time(s) in 144 post(s)

Originally Posted by: phantom11 Go to Quoted Post
That character is Kristen by pixeluna; I'm also getting similar distortions when I use it on Tyler and Stella by bluejaunte.

Hi, I have just uploaded a new installation package. Now it's pending review. This update includes scripts for adding wet effects to NG9 and fixes the problem that the shape of NG9 is abnormal when applied to some characters.

3feetwolf  
#82 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2023 9:48:42 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: mrvoll Go to Quoted Post
Any update on when pubes for GF9 will be made available?

Hi, 

Currently I'm having some technical issues. It would be simple if it was just to make some pubes. But as I hope to add more useful features to this product, there are still some kinks that will take time to work out.  

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
mrvoll on 2/13/2023(UTC)
Webduck  
#83 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2023 2:50:06 AM(UTC)
Webduck

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,
I would like to ask again, when can we expect a version for OS MAC ?
Greetings Webduck
3feetwolf  
#84 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2023 9:53:33 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Webduck Go to Quoted Post
Hello,
Greetings Webduck

Hi, the Mac version is complete. If everything goes well, I can get the package at the end of this month. 

Edited by user Sunday, January 22, 2023 8:00:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Webduck  
#85 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2023 3:41:18 AM(UTC)
Webduck

Hi,
this is very good news !
I am already looking forward to your interesting program.
Greeting Webduck
m1stab  
#86 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2023 6:55:03 PM(UTC)
m1stab

Any ideas about how to fix this error:

Failed to load script: C:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 9/Anatomy/New Genitalia for Genesis 9/01 - Preprocess Character Textures.dse

I'm not sure what, if any, additional information I can provide.  I've tried it on BJ Tyler and on Minerva with the same error

3feetwolf  
#87 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2023 2:58:27 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: m1stab Go to Quoted Post

Failed to load script: C:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 9/Anatomy/New Genitalia for Genesis 9/01 - Preprocess Character Textures.dse

I'm not sure what, if any, additional information I can provide.  I've tried it on BJ Tyler and on Minerva with the same error

This error message usually means that you are using an older version of daz studio. The encrypted scripts of NG9 were made with daz 4.16, if your daz studio version is lower than 4.16, there will be an error that the script cannot be loaded. 

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
m1stab on 1/28/2023(UTC)
BrotherHades  
#88 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2023 11:57:14 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 302 time(s) in 240 post(s)

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

This error message usually means that you are using an older version of daz studio. The encrypted scripts of NG9 were made with daz 4.16, if your daz studio version is lower than 4.16, there will be an error that the script cannot be loaded. 

Minerva if I'm not mistaken is the next to last Numbered Female character from Daz so far, so if using her, minimum Daz Studio version being used would be 4.21, as I believe 4.21 is required to use Genesis 9.

thanks 2 users thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
m1stab on 1/28/2023(UTC), 3feetwolf on 2/1/2023(UTC)
m1stab  
#89 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2023 4:56:20 PM(UTC)
m1stab

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for the suggestion.  I woke up today thinking it had been a while since I updated, so I'm doing it now.  I was using 4.15.  If it works, I'll let you know.

Yep.  That was absolutely the problem. works like a charm so far in 4.21. Thanks for letting me know.  

Webduck  
#90 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2023 10:32:31 AM(UTC)
Webduck

Hello,
Greetings Webduck

3feetwolf  
#91 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2023 9:12:33 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Hello,
Greetings Webduck

Hi, The installation package of the Mac version has been uploaded and is under review. After passing the review, if you have purchased NG9, you can directly download the Mac version installation package and additional morph package. If you haven't bought NG9 yet, please wait for me to open time-limited discount.  

Webduck  
#92 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2023 3:00:44 AM(UTC)
Webduck

Hi,
I am already looking forward to the product !!!
Greetings Webduck
fuerte06  
#93 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2023 5:34:30 PM(UTC)
fuerte06

Hi 3feetwolf,

when using Victoria 9 based figures, i'm getting "blending stripes" at the lower parts of the gens object at the thigh.

In some light conditions it looks like tan lines. The pre rendered texture for Victoria 9 seems to be missalligned?

Even with a newly started project with only Victoria 9 HD and an HDRI as a light source i get those stripes every time when rendering.

Any idea?

Edited by user Wednesday, February 8, 2023 5:36:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
just vic9.png (5,181kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
fuerte06 attached the following image(s):
blending lines.png
fuerte06  
#94 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2023 6:12:25 PM(UTC)
fuerte06

the problem with the "blending stripe" has nothing to to with Victoria 9. I get those lines on every character when using bright HDRI Images as light source. eg. a beach HDRI.

fuerte06 attached the following image(s):
tiff9.png
3feetwolf  
#95 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2023 10:19:02 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: fuerte06 Go to Quoted Post

Hi 3feetwolf,

when using Victoria 9 based figures, i'm getting "blending stripes" at the lower parts of the gens object at the thigh.

In some light conditions it looks like tan lines. The pre rendered texture for Victoria 9 seems to be missalligned?

Even with a newly started project with only Victoria 9 HD and an HDRI as a light source i get those stripes every time when rendering.

Any idea?

Hi, 
This problem is caused by the HD body morph of the HD character. 
Due to daz3d's copyright restrictions, I couldn't make corresponding HD morphs for NG9 to eliminate the problem you have encountered. 
In previous versions of NG, this problem would appear in the gens part. So when designing NG9, I tried to keep this problem away from the gens part, so you'll see it on the character's waist and thighs. 
With this change, we get two ways to mitigate its effects: 

1. We can adjust the camera so that this problem will not appear in the rendering result. This method can be used to render close-ups of the gens.

2. If we have to let it appear in the camera, we can reduce the value of the character's HD body morph. Taking Victoria 9 HD as an example, according to my test, if her HD body morph, "Victoria 9 Body HD Details" is adjusted to 40%, basically no problems can be seen in the rendering results. The effect of this method is related to the angle of light and camera, you can give the HD body morph an appropriate value according to your own test. Of course, this method will inevitably cause the body of the HD character to lose some HD details. 

3feetwolf  
#96 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2023 10:21:21 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Hi,
I am already looking forward to the product !!!
Greetings Webduck

The Mac version has been approved : )

crikett  
#97 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2023 3:47:50 PM(UTC)
crikett

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I emailed about this problem, but thought I would share here as well incase anyone else has come across this (and potentially solved it):

I got the G9 New Gens when they came out, having missed the Mac compatibility point in the excitement for the product!  However, digging through the buried parts, I was able to load things to a degree... that said, I was quite happy to see the Mac update come out.  Though sadly, it still isn't working for me:

When I load a character (or a new G9 and add textures, or whichever variation you might think), I am able to rn the Preprocess Textures part - it says it detects new textures, I click start, and a few seconds later, everything seems ready to go on.  But when I load the next script, I get a message that new textures are detected, and to run the preprocess scrupt.  If I do that, it again says new textures detected, and this continues in a loop.  Anyone else having such an issue?

42snoopy  
#98 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2023 9:46:21 PM(UTC)
42snoopy

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Originally Posted by: crikett Go to Quoted Post

I emailed about this problem, but thought I would share here as well incase anyone else has come across this (and potentially solved it):

I got the G9 New Gens when they came out, having missed the Mac compatibility point in the excitement for the product!  However, digging through the buried parts, I was able to load things to a degree... that said, I was quite happy to see the Mac update come out.  Though sadly, it still isn't working for me:

When I load a character (or a new G9 and add textures, or whichever variation you might think), I am able to rn the Preprocess Textures part - it says it detects new textures, I click start, and a few seconds later, everything seems ready to go on.  But when I load the next script, I get a message that new textures are detected, and to run the preprocess scrupt.  If I do that, it again says new textures detected, and this continues in a loop.  Anyone else having such an issue?

The "few seconds" indicates a problem to me. Probably an issue with the previous non - MacOS version being present. Can you remove the files associated with NGG9 and re-install? Not able to provide full list of files to remove right now but let us know if you need that.

crikett  
#99 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2023 10:58:57 PM(UTC)
crikett

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Originally Posted by: 42snoopy Go to Quoted Post

The "few seconds" indicates a problem to me. Probably an issue with the previous non - MacOS version being present. Can you remove the files associated with NGG9 and re-install? Not able to provide full list of files to remove right now but let us know if you need that.

It is about 10 seconds or so, though clearly there is some work being done; and I did remove all of the previous files when I compared the files in the Mac install and found just about everything replicated, so all of the old files are removed.

Looking further at things:  I can see directories that were created today under Runtime/textures/3feetwolf/NewGenataliaForG9/Textures/, and then under basefeminine and Victoria9 - there is a backup directory in the directories create here (each named for the character I did preprocessing for), though no files.

42snoopy  
#100 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2023 10:27:07 AM(UTC)
42snoopy

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Originally Posted by: crikett Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: 42snoopy Go to Quoted Post

It is about 10 seconds or so, though clearly there is some work being done; and I did remove all of the previous files when I compared the files in the Mac install and found just about everything replicated, so all of the old files are removed.

Looking further at things:  I can see directories that were created today under Runtime/textures/3feetwolf/NewGenataliaForG9/Textures/, and then under basefeminine and Victoria9 - there is a backup directory in the directories create here (each named for the character I did preprocessing for), though no files.

Should be more on the order of over a few minutes to run.

Can you go to System Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Security and see if you are set to "App Store and Identified Developers" ?

If not please change and then try again

If you are then can you navigate to your "data/3feetwolf/New Genitalia for Genesis 9/Resources" and double click the "preprocessingMac" app ? It should launch and then quit - and then try again. 

Also - what version of MacOS are you running and HW?  

Edited ... looks like it is related to being on a version of MacOS older than 13.x 

Edited by user Saturday, February 11, 2023 4:56:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified