Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wurger  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 28, 2022 3:19:00 PM(UTC)
wurger

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 62 post(s)

What are the chances of getting a no-AI option for our galleries here, similar to what DA has? Auto opt-out with an option to opt-in if desired.

Sutut  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 28, 2022 4:40:45 PM(UTC)
Sutut

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 88 post(s)

Originally Posted by: wurger Go to Quoted Post

What are the chances of getting a no-AI option for our galleries here, similar to what DA has? Auto opt-out with an option to opt-in if desired.

IMO it'd be quite futile - the bots already scoured the net for artwork, photos, etc.   They aren't copying but legit learning.  If they were copying like a clone brush it'd be uncovered instantly.  Say "Nick Simmons" - look that up!  However for other reasons Renderotica kept things behind a password and paywall and the AI Bots were programmed to avoid that despite what you might have heard from the panick bait crowd.

Note:  Excact images can be protected by copyright and a character trademarked but you can NOT copyright/trademark an "Art Style".  If this is changed, Disney will have lobbyists with paperwork for everything to sign right with it the second after the law is changed.  Mark Bode would end up sued to ruin trying to make another Cheech Wizard or republish anything because they own Wizards (NOT made by his Dad) and Elanor is a 'Disney Princess' now so it'd be destructive to their brand name..  Note they'll be working on another CopyWRONG extension this year.  I don't care to mess with Mickey or whatever but there are tons of "Pulps" decaying because even a fan art reference can bait a destructive lawsuit by someone falsely claiming to be the owners.  I'm preparing to go to court for 100% legal public domain things because someone somewhere might want to extort $ even with ZERO connection to the original author, family or publisher.

Going to this website A "no A flagI" would only mean Renderotica's word they'd not use it in their own AI dataset.  I doubt that is on their agenda - or capabilities.

Right now the AIBroz are working out re-trained datasets with major "Artists" kept out.  Good riddance, there's so much in clear public domain and from clipart that YES in the TOS the contributors signed to for $ does allow this use.  Anyone can train their own AI for "Sincerest form of Flattery" or if they want to be nasty say have the Chinese duplicate Loish...  Serious - go to Youtube type "China van Gogh" whole cities to make endless art duplicates and they do imitate modern artist's styles for PENNIES - these then could be scanned and uploaded into a new dataset they sold openly only caring to not trace 1:1 specific images. Again Cameron vs Roger Dean you can NOT copyright/trademark an "art style" and they'll sell openly at import stores stuff that looks like many existing artists painted by Chinese or other foreign workers.

The AI Bros are a lot nicer than they have to be again they are working some scrubbed versions of only a fraction of possible issue.  And most complaints are sensational such as the 'artists' themselves putting their own works into it then they freak out because it does better.

And yes, btw, I'm using it.  Subscriptions while experimenting with and training my own.  Being a 3DCG user and also having 2D drawing skills (decent but sub-professional) means AI is really working for me!  Once I learn more I'll even try to help it get the hands right!  Perhaps a lot of hand renderings to tag?  For us 3D users this is great.  You can get your own works turned into paintings even faster than Painter and Clone brush/auto paint - no soliciting a so-called 'artist' for work and getting screamed at because they think they are a social justice activist who happens to work as an illustrator for hire.

My suggestion - the Admins work out other functions of the site - like being able to buy things from the store.

Edited by user Thursday, December 29, 2022 4:48:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified