Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pwr590X  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2022 5:50:45 PM(UTC)
Pwr590X

Hello, I'm new to Daz3d, and I've been trying to find the proper way to install the Futalicious for Genesis 8 assets to my Daz library. A basic question, I know. :) I tried to follow Meipex's instructions, but I've had no success, and I find them to be quite vague. More specifically, I'm unsure of which data folder the assets should be in. Thanks.

TheBitterGent  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2022 2:25:24 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)
PC Windows

Find your Content Library easily by opening Daz Studio clicking on the "Content Library" Tab, Select "Daz Studio Formats", then right click "My Daz 3D Library", click "Browse to Folder Location" in the drop down menu.

In your "My Daz 3D Library" folder there are 3 folders to check for (data, People, Runtime).

Keep that open and in another separate File Explorer window go to your download location where you downloaded the .zip compressed folder.

Extract the folders contents from the zip folder (ie: data, People, Runtime), then add those extracted folders to your "My Daz 3D Library" by moving them via drag n drop or duplicating with copy paste (carefully to make sure you're not dropping them in a subfolder) and merge folders with the existing data, People, Runtime folders.

THAT'S IT!

Start Daz Studio / Close and Restart if already open (as to save you from a Refresh tutorial right now)

Find your content under the Content Library tab / Daz Formats / My Daz 3D Library/ People / Genesis 8 Female / Anatomy / Futalicious

DONE!

Just gotta extract and put the main Folder Files in the right place. (Note: Some Artist will label the library folder as My Library and while any of those 2 Library folders will work I personally recommend Installing to "My Daz 3D Library" to keep all installed items together and your own personally saved items isolated in the "My Library".)

Takes a little bit of time to get comfortable with the File system, but necessary. (otherwise forget freebies or ANY content from anywhere but Daz)

Very Basic File Rundown:

My Daz 3D Library and My Library (where Daz Studio loads content from)

- *data (tells Daz Studio how to form an object)

- Documentation (legal jargon, licenses info, read me's, instructional, text files)

- Environments, People, Props, Scripts .... (shows the user facing files, links to data and runtime to use items)

- *Runtime (has the materials UV maps and Templates to color items, archives outdated Poser Items)

*data and Runtime folder files can not move within or outside the Library or be renamed or it will break the content links. Other user files can move and be renamed, but still at the risk of loosing meta data. (meta data drives Smart Content location, Smart content location is not always supported hence why the Content Tab is a better method to find installed products' content)

thanks 3 users thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
Meipe on 9/19/2022(UTC), Pwr590X on 9/19/2022(UTC), harrydunn on 9/19/2022(UTC)
Pwr590X  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2022 11:31:46 AM(UTC)
Pwr590X

Alright, this all looks helpful but when I drag the folders in, am I supposed to take the subfolders from the assets and place them into Data and Runtime? How exactly should I merge? Sorry I'm I'm making it harder than it needs to be. :) I tried what you said, and the assets are not appearing in the Genesis 8 Female Anatomy dropdown.
harrydunn  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2022 6:28:32 PM(UTC)
harrydunn

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
You simply place those folders by dragging them(it’s usually 3-4 depending on the product) and all that’s in them in that folder (My Daz 3D Library) and if asked to replace/merge anything, say yes to all.

It’ll show up under the content tab. For me, it doesn’t always show up in the smart content tab for some reason, but as TheBitterGent pointed out, it shows under the content tab under People > Genesis 8 Female > Anatomy

You’ll definitely get used to it once you do it more often. It’s pretty straight forward once you know the routine =]
thanks 2 users thanked harrydunn for this useful post.
Pwr590X on 9/19/2022(UTC), Meipe on 9/21/2022(UTC)
Pwr590X  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2022 10:27:40 PM(UTC)
Pwr590X

It worked!!! Thanks guys. :D
harrydunn  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2022 6:42:58 AM(UTC)
harrydunn

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Awesome! Glad to hear it =] Happy rendering. You just got yourself one of the best products out there in my honest opinion. You never go wrong with Meipe’s work <3
thanks 2 users thanked harrydunn for this useful post.
Pwr590X on 9/20/2022(UTC), Meipe on 9/21/2022(UTC)
Pwr590X  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2022 10:51:33 AM(UTC)
Pwr590X

Thanks again. :)