Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CrazyPhoton  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2022 5:45:48 PM(UTC)
CrazyPhoton

I tried to load Futalicious v3.2 with Genesis 8.1 and get the same error message despite manual installation or via IM. The file is in the directory but cannot be loaded in any other way.

/data/Meipex/Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F/Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F_v3.2/Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F.dsf

TheBitterGent  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2022 2:58:16 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)

I get the same missing file message: could not be found
"/data/Meipex/Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F/Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F_v3.2/Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F.dsf" 

The graft still loads fine just without the default mat. 
I just ran the mat copy script for GF8_1 with G8.1F selected and shader mats copied over fine. 

In the data file the path seems to be either 

"/data/Meipex/Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F/Futalicious Genitalia v3.2/Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F.dsf"

"/data/Meipex/Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F/Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F_v3/Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F.dsf" 

or 

the path IS missing

haruchai  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2022 5:50:58 AM(UTC)
haruchai

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 58 post(s)

Originally Posted by: TheBitterGent Go to Quoted Post

"/data/Meipex/Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F/Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F_v3.2/Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F.dsf" 

I just ran the mat copy script for GF8_1 with G8.1F selected and shader mats copied over fine. 

"/data/Meipex/Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F/Futalicious Genitalia v3.2/Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F.dsf"

"/data/Meipex/Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F/Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F_v3/Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F.dsf" 

or 

the path IS missing

I think I found the culprit. The product Gen Gap For Genesis 8 Female(s) by Zev0 installs morphs for Futalicious. The morphs are pathed to the incorrect folder Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F_v3.2.

So Futalicious loads correctly but without the Zev0 morphs and DAZ Studio throws an error about the incorrect folder, but isn't specific about what is causing the error.

Two short term ways to fix this.

1) Create a new folder in data/Meipex/Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F called Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F_v3.2. Create a sub folder called Morphs and move/copy Zev0 folder to it.

2) Edit all the dsf files in the Zev0 folder to correct the path.

In case you're looking for them these morphs are hidden by default.

So this is a Zev0 fix and not a Meipe fix.

Edited by user Friday, July 15, 2022 6:24:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: spllng :)

thanks 3 users thanked haruchai for this useful post.
TheBitterGent on 7/19/2022(UTC), Meipe on 7/21/2022(UTC), banditcameraman on 9/9/2022(UTC)
CrazyPhoton  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2022 5:30:48 PM(UTC)
CrazyPhoton

Sorry but I'm new to morphs and stuff like that. ( >> 2) Edit all the dsf files in the Zev0 folder to correct the path. << )

So I deleted the files of Gen Gap For Genesis 8 Female(s) by Zev0 all at once.

At least the rest is working now.

Sorry Zev0, just waiting for an update or something new that works better.

CrazyPhoton  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2022 5:59:38 PM(UTC)
CrazyPhoton

OK, I have the next problem.

Now I tried to load the material script. And the error message comes: "Selection Error: Genesis 8 Female not found! Remeber to load it on G8F first."That's true, because it's G8.1F

But I did everything as it was described.

And now it doesn't work again.

haruchai  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2022 5:07:28 AM(UTC)
haruchai

Sorry my post could be misinterpreted, my bad.

The two solutions are separate. Either do 1) OR 2) not both.

The easiest way is 1). Editing dsf files is intended for those who know there way around the internal file structure of DAZ files.

Or actually there is a 3). Ignore the error and carry on as normal. Futalicious will function correctly, as I said, just without loading the Zev0 morphs. Annoying but not massively so.

Nothing there has anything to do with material copy, that was all about morphs. There are separate 8.1 files if you have the latest version downloaded. If you are using G8F use the files in the main folder. If you are using G8.1F then use the files in the 0_G8F_1 folder which are specifically designed for that figure (UV layout).

Sorry can't help with how this looks if you are using 'Smart' Content. I don't use it and use the Content Library exclusively. If you can try and use the Content Library, Meipe has structured the folders in a very easy to use/understand way.

Edited by user Monday, July 18, 2022 5:13:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added option 3

TheBitterGent  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2022 2:42:36 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)

Originally Posted by: haruchai Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: TheBitterGent Go to Quoted Post

or 

the path IS missing

I think I found the culprit. The product Gen Gap For Genesis 8 Female(s) by Zev0 installs morphs for Futalicious. The morphs are pathed to the incorrect folder Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F_v3.2.

So Futalicious loads correctly but without the Zev0 morphs and DAZ Studio throws an error about the incorrect folder, but isn't specific about what is causing the error.

Two short term ways to fix this.

1) Create a new folder in data/Meipex/Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F called Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F_v3.2. Create a sub folder called Morphs and move/copy Zev0 folder to it.

2) Edit all the dsf files in the Zev0 folder to correct the path.

In case you're looking for them these morphs are hidden by default.

So this is a Zev0 fix and not a Meipe fix.

*When using Option #1 you'll need to copy the "Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F.dsf" file (next to Morphs) to the NEW "Futalicious_Genitalia_G8F_v3.2".

Edited by user Tuesday, July 19, 2022 4:10:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
haruchai on 7/19/2022(UTC)
Optika  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2022 11:43:28 AM(UTC)
Optika

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 36 post(s)

Has anybody tried to make Zev0 aware that a fix is needed?

Zattica  
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2022 7:01:09 PM(UTC)
Zattica

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)

I think Zev0 released a fix for this in April (before this thread was started), but this may have been when Renderotica's update notifications were not working.

I would try redownloading the product.

EDIT

Looks like I'm misremembering... Zev0 posted in another thread stating will fix.

Edited by user Thursday, September 8, 2022 7:03:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

haruchai  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2022 9:23:05 AM(UTC)
haruchai

Just FYI Zev0 has released an update (September 2022) to the Gen Gap files to correct this issue, see this thread - https://www.renderotica....p;find=unread#post519175

thanks 1 user thanked haruchai for this useful post.
Meipe on 9/14/2022(UTC)