Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lazyname123  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 14, 2021 1:02:03 AM(UTC)
Lazyname123

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I'm planning on buying some stuff like Golden Palace, but here's my question.

If I buy something will I ever get physical mail letters?  My work is kind of secret from the rest of my family, and I would be extra embarrassed if they found out.

thanks 1 user thanked Lazyname123 for this useful post.
ZenMaster3D on 8/14/2021(UTC)
ZenMaster3D  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 14, 2021 8:09:02 AM(UTC)
ZenMaster3D

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 97 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Lazyname123 Go to Quoted Post

If I buy something will I ever get physical mail letters?  My work is kind of secret from the rest of my family, and I would be extra embarrassed if they found out.

First of all: good on you for asking, nothing to be ashamed of here. I've had the same problem once.

No, the best you'll get is an email from "CGBytes Store" which gives you a semi-physical receipt of your order (it will also include a link from which you can download your files). Although I don't work for or am affiliated with this place in any way, shape or form I can say with 100% certainty that the only reason they ask for your physicall address is because of tax related issues. In other words: our governments demand that webstores collect this information so that it becomes clear where the money is coming from and that people pay their taxes.

I am 100% convinced (but keep my disclaimer in mind!) that CGBytes will not abuse that.

Of course....  I could imagine that if you pull illegal stunts (like doing a chargeback when using Paypal) that the company may take action which could include official physical communication if they decide to take legal action against you. But yah, that's a whole different story and something you'd have started yourself.

But under any normal circumstances? I wouldn't worry. These companies realize that secrecy is a very important thing to keep their customers happy.

thanks 2 users thanked ZenMaster3D for this useful post.
RangerRabbit on 8/14/2021(UTC), ContentModerator on 8/14/2021(UTC)
RangerRabbit  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 14, 2021 9:06:14 AM(UTC)
RangerRabbit

Was thanked: 241 time(s) in 113 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ZenMaster3D Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lazyname123 Go to Quoted Post

If I buy something will I ever get physical mail letters? My work is kind of secret from the rest of my family, and I would be extra embarrassed if they found out.

First of all: good on you for asking, nothing to be ashamed of here. I've had the same problem once.

No, the best you'll get is an email from "CGBytes Store" which gives you a semi-physical receipt of your order (it will also include a link from which you can download your files). Although I don't work for or am affiliated with this place in any way, shape or form I can say with 100% certainty that the only reason they ask for your physicall address is because of tax related issues. In other words: our governments demand that webstores collect this information so that it becomes clear where the money is coming from and that people pay their taxes.

I am 100% convinced (but keep my disclaimer in mind!) that CGBytes will not abuse that.

Of course.... I could imagine that if you pull illegal stunts (like doing a chargeback when using Paypal) that the company may take action which could include official physical communication if they decide to take legal action against you. But yah, that's a whole different story and something you'd have started yourself.

But under any normal circumstances? I wouldn't worry. These companies realize that secrecy is a very important thing to keep their customers happy.

Couldn't have said it much better than this. Thanks ZenMaster3D.

RangerRabbit
Renderotica Management
thanks 2 users thanked RangerRabbit for this useful post.
ContentModerator on 8/14/2021(UTC), ZenMaster3D on 10/29/2022(UTC)
Seven-ol  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 14, 2021 11:29:33 AM(UTC)
Seven-ol

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I regularly buy items from this store, this since a very long time, and I have never been embarrassed by unwanted emails.

I'm a married 60 years old guy and since my 18 (1978 !!!) and possibly earlier ... I bought bunches of Penthouse, Playboy and other "risqué" magazines.
But with the advent of internet, things are much simpler.

In my job in the medical field, I encountered many funny things about sexuality... It's not the place to elaborate.
Enjoy the golden palace without shame, if you're courageous enough try to find the same in the real life : it's both more pleasurable AND more complicated.
Sorry for my phallocentric point of view !
thanks 1 user thanked Seven-ol for this useful post.
ZenMaster3D on 2/25/2022(UTC)
Lazyname123  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 14, 2021 6:14:55 PM(UTC)
Lazyname123

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks everyone. I went ahead and bought a couple assets. Next month I'll get the genitals.

I know it was a silly question, I was just afraid if I got mail it would say Renderotica on it instead of CgBytes. Nobody in my household opens mail that isn't theirs, but if it said Renderotica they might ask questions.
thanks 2 users thanked Lazyname123 for this useful post.
ContentModerator on 8/14/2021(UTC), ZenMaster3D on 2/25/2022(UTC)
shadoman  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 14, 2021 6:33:34 PM(UTC)
shadoman

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 229 post(s)

all invoices say CGBytes Store 

Rest assured your privacy is the first thing they consider 

Shadoman

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
Blir  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2021 10:41:43 PM(UTC)
Blir

Was thanked: 209 time(s) in 179 post(s)

Hackers and lax security on web sites are the biggest threat to your privacy.  When a site's credit card processor gets hacked, your information may be sold to all sorts of nefarious actors.  I used a credit card on a site that shall remain nameless, and its security was not up to snuff, so I had to go through a non-trivial process to cancel the card and get charges reversed.  From that experience, I learned to use gift cards for many on-line purchases and to spend the entire gift card in a day's transactions.