Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
3feetwolf  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 13, 2021 1:56:18 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)

Hello everyone, after testing, I finally found the reason why the Render SubD Level of the character cannot be 4. 
The script of Expansion Pack uses SubD Displacement Level to control the subdivision of the model during rendering. The value of this parameter is fixed at 5. 
Some characters have their own displacement maps and use Render SubD Level instead of SubD Displacement Level, and set this parameter to 4. 
My test results are as follows:
Character Render SubD Level    New Gens SubD Displacement Level    rendering result
                     3                                                         5                                       success
                     4                                                         5                                         failed
                     4                                                         4                                       success
As can be seen from the above table, the rendering will fail only when the character's Render SubD Level is 4 and the SubD Displacement Level of New Gens is 5. At this time, the total number of polygons of the character and New Gens exceeds 6 million, which may have exceeded Iray's processing capacity. In the other two cases, the number of polygons is about 3 million and 4.8 million, so the rendering can be successful. 
I have improved the Expansion Pack script. When the character has displacement maps, it will make the New Gens displacement map parameters consistent with the character's displacement map parameters, so the SubD Displacement Level is no longer fixed at 5. This ensures that the number of polygons during rendering will not exceed the processing capacity of Iray. 
I have attached the modified script, if you are interested, please download it and replace the old script with it. If there is no problem in your test, I will add it to the update. 

File Attachment(s):
01 - Apply NGV8 to current character.zip (5kb) downloaded 19 time(s).
thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
Akirael on 7/5/2021(UTC)
MidnightWatcher  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 13, 2021 2:13:56 AM(UTC)
MidnightWatcher

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Sweet, tyvm!