Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
beam95  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 9:51:43 AM(UTC)
beam95

After running 00 - Customize genitalia for current character' on P3D's Libby character,

I wait for it to complete all 6 maps.

However when I try to apply the new gen I get the error:

This character doesn't have genitalia textures.

Please run 'Customized genitalia for current character' first.

I've tried restarting and rerunning the customizer, but nothing has worked so far.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by user Thursday, May 2, 2019 10:05:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

timnaas  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 4:14:04 PM(UTC)
timnaas

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

I haven't had that issue. works fine for me....

But what I am having is with multi characters...it won;t work.

Load the first character, run the script. Load a second one and the area of the second character turns white.

I would attach an image. but I have no idea how to here and none of the buttons allow me to get the image from PC that I can tell(duh-oh!)

Cosmic74  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 2:15:42 AM(UTC)
Cosmic74

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I tried and it works but will there be an update to use that new script also un G3F? I have updated New Gens 7 and 8.

I am still working mostly with G3F ..... better looking facial Expressions as G8F .....

Would be really great if you can make an update for using better textures on G3F too.

Thank you.
FuegoAhegao3dx  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 8:20:14 AM(UTC)
FuegoAhegao3dx

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cosmic74 Go to Quoted Post
I tried and it works but will there be an update to use that new script also un G3F? I have updated New Gens 7 and 8.

I am still working mostly with G3F ..... better looking facial Expressions as G8F .....

Would be really great if you can make an update for using better textures on G3F too.

Thank you.

Yes, please. I also use New Gens 8 on G3F. Works well, adding support for g3 with this script would be awesome.
Moxy2017  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2019 11:30:17 AM(UTC)
Moxy2017

Originally Posted by: timnaas Go to Quoted Post

I haven't had that issue. works fine for me....

But what I am having is with multi characters...it won;t work.

Load the first character, run the script. Load a second one and the area of the second character turns white.

I would attach an image. but I have no idea how to here and none of the buttons allow me to get the image from PC that I can tell(duh-oh!)

Read my thread Here https://www.renderotica.com/community/forums.aspx?g=posts&t=223177&cmsg=0&cmsn=#post434823

Its the same issue I have with HD Nipples. Only way around it (with some characters) is to go to the folder where it saves your first characters (Runtime/Textures/3feetwolf/) textures and rename the folder. It will probably be Genesis 8 Female. So rename it to your character name and then manually assign them via the surface tab in daz which is very easy but a little long winded.

Some characters work with HD nipples and some wont by default. Some you have to Manually assign and I suspect 3feetWolf has used the same script that is using a naming scheme that not all content creators are sticking too. Im trying to get a reply but no luck yet.

Edited by user Monday, May 6, 2019 11:32:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mrvoll  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 3:10:12 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)

So back to the OP's original question...

I too am finding that this is the case on some characters. Even with some artist from one character to another. The script runs...then I try to apply to the character... and I get that message that I have to run the script. It's not asking me to run it again, it's more like the script never saved anything for this character.

Has anyone got an answer to this question (not the new unrelated questions that were introduced into this thread please)

Jon

Bierdosendeckel  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 1:58:53 PM(UTC)
Bierdosendeckel

I have the same problem. I checked the texture folder and indeed it generated textures for the right P3D model.
But if I want to apply them it tells me: This character doesn't have genitalia textures. Please run 'Customize Genitalia for current character' first.

I tried to rename the folder, but it didn't work and now I'm all out of ideas. I checked the folder of the base model to get the right name.
What name does the NGV8 script need?

Some help would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Bierdosendeckel
3feetwolf  
#8 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2021 9:58:48 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Bierdosendeckel Go to Quoted Post
I have the same problem. I checked the texture folder and indeed it generated textures for the right P3D model.
But if I want to apply them it tells me: This character doesn't have genitalia textures. Please run 'Customize Genitalia for current character' first.

I tried to rename the folder, but it didn't work and now I'm all out of ideas. I checked the folder of the base model to get the right name.
What name does the NGV8 script need?

Some help would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Bierdosendeckel

Hi, 
I would like to get some detailed information about this issue so that I can find out the cause of the problem. It would be more helpful if there are some screenshots.
Please send them to my email ([email protected]). We can communicate more quickly by email. 

MidnightWatcher  
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2021 12:38:21 AM(UTC)
MidnightWatcher

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)

3feetwolf,

I only use the expansion, can we get an 8.1 update? The NGV8 was not in the encrypted format so could get that fixed, but the expansion is encrypted. Thanks and love your products.

3feetwolf  
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2021 4:14:05 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: MidnightWatcher Go to Quoted Post

3feetwolf,

I only use the expansion, can we get an 8.1 update? The NGV8 was not in the encrypted format so could get that fixed, but the expansion is encrypted. Thanks and love your products.

Sure, I will add the support for 8.1 to the expansion pack.

MidnightWatcher  
#11 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2021 6:20:55 PM(UTC)
MidnightWatcher

I got Expansion to work for 8.1, here is what I did.

1. First load the 8.1 character in scene and select it.

2. Edit->Figure->Scene Identification

3. Change Node Name to: Genesis8Female and click Accept

4. Open Tool Settings Panel and select Geometry Editor

5. In Surfaces section rename Body to Torso

Good to go.

When done you might want to rename Torso to Body in Geometry Editor.

Also you may need to copy and gen surfaces from the attached gens to the characters newly assigned gens surface.

Edited by user Monday, February 22, 2021 6:23:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked MidnightWatcher for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 2/22/2021(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#12 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2021 10:00:55 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

I got Expansion to work for 8.1, here is what I did.

1. First load the 8.1 character in scene and select it.

2. Edit->Figure->Scene Identification

3. Change Node Name to: Genesis8Female and click Accept

4. Open Tool Settings Panel and select Geometry Editor

5. In Surfaces section rename Body to Torso

Good to go.

When done you might want to rename Torso to Body in Geometry Editor.

Also you may need to copy and gen surfaces from the attached gens to the characters newly assigned gens surface.

This solution is something I didn't think of,well done

MidnightWatcher  
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2021 12:47:17 AM(UTC)
MidnightWatcher

Any update for this?

This is by far IMO the best pussy product for closeups. I've tried using Golden Palace lately but am scrapping it all and going back to this for the fact that using the torso texture uv mapping is just horrible when trying to get those closeup detail shots.

There are still skin stretching issues, but it's far less extreme then others. Working with geoshells is really a pain but I've got a method that handles that, it's several more steps but the results are amazing.

Edited by user Thursday, April 1, 2021 1:30:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mrvoll  
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2021 10:50:22 AM(UTC)
mrvoll

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Any update for this?

This is by far IMO the best pussy product for closeups. I've tried using Golden Palace lately but am scrapping it all and going back to this for the fact that using the torso texture uv mapping is just horrible when trying to get those closeup detail shots.

There are still skin stretching issues, but it's far less extreme then others. Working with geoshells is really a pain but I've got a method that handles that, it's several more steps but the results are amazing.

He updated the files....just download the most recent files here at Renderotica and it'll work on GF8.1 now. It's a bit confusing because they files have the old dates on them, but they are updated. But, you might have to delete the old ones else you'll end up with double the icons, as I did.

thanks 2 users thanked mrvoll for this useful post.
MidnightWatcher on 4/9/2021(UTC), 3feetwolf on 4/12/2021(UTC)
MidnightWatcher  
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2021 11:59:52 PM(UTC)
MidnightWatcher

Originally Posted by: mrvoll Go to Quoted Post

Any update for this?

He updated the files....just download the most recent files here at Renderotica and it'll work on GF8.1 now. It's a bit confusing because they files have the old dates on them, but they are updated. But, you might have to delete the old ones else you'll end up with double the icons, as I did.

Well fuck me, ok I had been watching the page and hadn't noticed any updates. Thanks!

MidnightWatcher  
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2021 11:51:50 PM(UTC)
MidnightWatcher

New problem with Expansion. Any figure (8.1F) I apply the expansions too and set the SubD to 4 or greater on the G8.1F character and then attempt to render in Iray, the render never starts. Any ideas why this would happen?

Edited by user Friday, May 28, 2021 12:07:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3feetwolf  
#17 Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2021 2:28:28 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

New problem with Expansion. Any figure (8.1F) I apply the expansions too and set the SubD to 4 or greater on the G8.1F character and then attempt to render in Iray, the render never starts. Any ideas why this would happen?

Hi, which SubD are you referring to? 
SubD Levels of G8.1F in Parameters pane or SubD Displacement Level of NGV8 in Surface pane? 
If it is the former, you don't need to set it so high. If it is the letter, the default value of it is 5, and it can meet the needs of showing details. 

MidnightWatcher  
#18 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2021 1:33:54 AM(UTC)
MidnightWatcher

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

Hi, which SubD are you referring to? 
SubD Levels of G8.1F in Parameters pane or SubD Displacement Level of NGV8 in Surface pane? 
If it is the former, you don't need to set it so high. If it is the letter, the default value of it is 5, and it can meet the needs of showing details. 

SubD on the G81.F. I don't know if it has to do with the geografting

BrotherHades  
#19 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2021 11:12:20 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

My guess is you are pushing the limits of what the render engine can handle, and when it analyzes the scene being sent to the render engine, it is sending a stop order to the program, rather than starting the render just to have it crash.

Each level of Sub-D used, multiplies the poly count by a factor of 4, so say G8.1 Female's base polys are around 17k you push the sub d level up to 4 and you are dealing with about 4 million+ polys on just G8F which is likely more than iRay can handle. 

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 6/2/2021(UTC)
MidnightWatcher  
#20 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2021 11:23:24 PM(UTC)
MidnightWatcher

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

My guess is you are pushing the limits of what the render engine can handle, and when it analyzes the scene being sent to the render engine, it is sending a stop order to the program, rather than starting the render just to have it crash.

Each level of Sub-D used, multiplies the poly count by a factor of 4, so say G8.1 Female's base polys are around 17k you push the sub d level up to 4 and you are dealing with about 4 million+ polys on just G8F which is likely more than iRay can handle. 

Except this isn't an issue without the new expansion applied, especially not for Quadro RTX 8000s. The logs are all but uslessless, they show nothing. The only other thing I might try tonight is to roll back the Nvidia drivers.