Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BrotherHades  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 8:35:39 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 301 time(s) in 239 post(s)

I appear to have found a bit of an issue. Was playing around with Kitten earlier and decided to add lickalicious for G8F everything worked fine until I used the materials copy script, right after application of the script it crashed.

Reloaded and tried again and it crashed again right after applying the lickalicious materials copy script.

Was then just playing with a Genesis 8 based character, added lickalicious, started playing around adding things using Tara 2 used the materials copy script, added more stuff like wings and tail graft, added Kitten Breast and Genitalia grafts. Decided to switch to the Tara 2 evil maps, after updating the textures on the grafts to the evil version, went to update the material on the lickalicious using the script and again it immediately crashed. I played around with this scene for over half an hour and it did not crash till I ran the lickalicious material update script. So I'm thinking there is something about the Kitten Grafts being applied that is causing issue with Lickalicious' material copy script, and causing daz Studio to crash. 

While the first couple crashes using lickalicious with Kitten herself might be explained by her using a different UVs set, the last crash using the Tara 2 based Genesis 8 would have been using the base Genesis 8 female UVs. I didn't think to copy the crash report or anything after Daz Studio closed though. 

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
banditcameraman on 1/25/2020(UTC)
BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 7:42:55 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\dzcore.dll" at 0033:00000000BFE0F3AB, DzGraftingFigureShape::drawBuilderRegionV()+235 byte(s)

That is the error it gives for the crash

zoro_d  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 1:03:02 AM(UTC)
zoro_d

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)

Hi, I am zoro_d the creator of Kitten

hmmm, do you still have this same problem if you add Kitten (don't add lickalicious now, first do the following) ,use the copy materials script, then add lickalicious after that. ??

zoro_d
My STORE
zoro_d  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 1:43:39 AM(UTC)
zoro_d

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)

I have thought in mind about what could be the issue,,, Lickalicious graft itself is having a follower attachement (if you expand the tree of Lickalicious in "scene" tab, you will find another figure parented to it , called (Lickalicious Root Blend) ,, Lickalicious is actually a ((follower under Graft under G8F)) ,, so when you also add Kitten Grafts,, this (Grafts Carnival) cause random crashes of Studio.

If you tried to delete this eaxtra follower of Lickalicious (I mean select & delete `Lickalicious Root Blend`) , everything should get back to normal, of course this means less functionality of Lickalicious I know yeah,, also you need to do this thing before you add & Fit Kitten's Grafts so Studio doesn't suddenly crash before you do it -if you are unlucky like me-

Or sadly, use less Grafts from Kitten if possible -if you want Lickalicious too in your scene- , because yeah Kitten's Grafts & Lickalicious are not going well together, sadly :/

Edited by user Tuesday, February 11, 2020 6:49:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

zoro_d
My STORE
BrotherHades  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 9:29:41 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

I'll have to try the root blend thing later and see if it helps or not, I'm currently working on a test, so playing around with the grafts will have to wait. 

ruizp  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 1:29:51 PM(UTC)
ruizp

This is the only way I sem to be able to ask a question of Zoro-d - re Kittten. How do I get to the base genitalia ( I never bought a pro-pack G8F - nor do I intend to just for this) and where is it loaded so I can use another texture on this item? Any help appreciated. 

BrotherHades  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 11:28:15 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Originally Posted by: ruizp Go to Quoted Post

This is the only way I sem to be able to ask a question of Zoro-d - re Kittten. How do I get to the base genitalia ( I never bought a pro-pack G8F - nor do I intend to just for this) and where is it loaded so I can use another texture on this item? Any help appreciated. 

The Kitten gen graft can use the same UVs as the base genitalia but doesn't require it. But in using the base genitalia UVs it means any characters that come with a genital map for the base genitalia you can use the maps on Kitten gens (Though I have yet to find any that will apply via clicking on the gens preset pose, so you will have manually apply the maps to the Kitten genitalia)