Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
seismeec  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 9:57:38 AM(UTC)
seismeec

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hey all,

seems I'm struggling with the same problems as described in http://www.renderotica.c...amp;t=224016#post436777:

When using default Golden Palace (v2) with DAZ Studio (v.4.12b on Windows 10 Pro 64bit) and Octane Render (2019.1), the GoldenPalace_Shell material setup seems to make problems. Copying material obviously doesn't help, as Octane converts the iRay material automatically.

GP8_Octane.png shows the default problem
GP8_Octane_No_Shell.png shows GP with a hidden GoldenPalace_Shell, i.e. the problem is likely be caused by the shell.

GP8_Octane_Nodegraph_Editor.png shows the Nodegraph Editor setup for Octane in case somebody can spot at once a potential problem (even w/o knowing Octane):
B.t.w. - New Genitalia for V8 seems to have a similar problem, see NG_V8_for_GF8_Octane.png.

Only for SledgeHammer's New Gens for G8 I found a workaround ("Reload scene"), but the morphs are not comparable to Meipe's gens (and furthermore I've setup a bunch of default models with GP...), see SledgeHammer_Octane.png before and SledgeHammer_Octane_Reload_Scene.png after applying the workaround.

Any support much appreciated!

seismeec attached the following image(s):
GP8_Octane.png
GP8_Octane_No_Shell.png
GP8_Octane_Nodegraph_Editor.png
NG_V8_for_GF8_Octane.png
SledgeHammer_Octane.png
SledgeHammer_Octane_Reload_Scene.png
Hamer66  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 3:24:01 PM(UTC)
Hamer66

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
The geoshells messes things up with/in octane. sadly i havent found any solution to this so far. When using the golden palace with octane, i use it without the shells. And tweak the surfaces in the nodegraph editor (gp_vagina, gp_Labia Minora).

When using octane i prefer to use the New Gens from 3feetwolf in combination with the redspec TGX shaders. That octane shader set has specific shaders for the NGV and those shells.
seismeec  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2019 8:00:57 AM(UTC)
seismeec

Hi Hamer66,

thanks for your insights, I'll try out both recommendations. Regarding 3feetwolf's New Gens - did you find a way applying them to Genesis 8 Femaly only (i.e., not Victoria 8)?

Red Spec - didn't know about it, ordered, thanks for the hint!

Masterstroke  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2019 11:48:17 AM(UTC)
Masterstroke

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 171 post(s)

Originally Posted by: seismeec Go to Quoted Post
Hi Hamer66,

thanks for your insights, I'll try out both recommendations. Regarding 3feetwolf's New Gens - did you find a way applying them to Genesis 8 Femaly only (i.e., not Victoria 8)?

Red Spec - didn't know about it, ordered, thanks for the hint!

I really don't know, why it is labeled for "Victoria 8". In fact it suppose to be Genesis 8, for it does fit easily to any Genesis 8 character.

seismeec  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2019 4:21:45 PM(UTC)
seismeec

Originally Posted by: Masterstroke Go to Quoted Post

I really don't know, why it is labeled for "Victoria 8". In fact it suppose to be Genesis 8, for it does fit easily to any Genesis 8 character.

Hi Masterstroke,

thanks for the hint. I tried using NG with another G8F only figure from scratch (w/o having GP gens applied before) and it worked!

Seems this will be the path then, probably with Red Spec which actually appears not as intuitive to me as first thought (apply material -> finish), but needs some commands applied afterwards (material conversion etc).