Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
megagearx  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 10:09:45 PM(UTC)
megagearx

Golden Palace has problems with P3D Ruby. When I use the Golden Palace's Material Copy, it creates a brown patch right below the vagina, in the anal area.

I took a look at Ruby's torso textures and there's a brown background around the torso graphics. That's what the Material Copy must have added. Unfortunately, it still doesn't solve my problem of making the anal area look more natural and getting rid of that brown patch!

Meipe, do you have any insights or ideas on how to solve this?

megagearx attached the following image(s):
Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 10.53.38 PM.png
P3DRubyTorso.jpg
megagearx  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 6:59:53 AM(UTC)
megagearx

After sleeping on it, I think the problem MIGHT be the UVs. Golden Palace uses V7 UVs. The Ruby skin uses V4 UVs. Is there any way that I could get V4 UVs on Golden Palace?
Meipe  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 11:28:24 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1225 time(s) in 611 post(s)
Sorry for the late reply... ;)

Yes, it's an UV problem. I think there is a tool from Blacksmith3d to do the job, or you may use Blender.

http://the-freehold.com/...z-Studio-and-Blender.pdf

The idea is converting your older texture set to G3F UVs, then GP will be compatible.

So you use one G3F with the older UVs and the matching texture as source, and a G3F with the 'Base Female' Uvs as target (export the two G3F from DS, each with the correct UV selected in the surfaces tab). In Blender you project the texture from the source to the target (just for the torso surface, it's enough), and then you use such projected texture in DAZ for the torso, with the base female UV set.
Meipe  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 11:58:08 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1225 time(s) in 611 post(s)
I forgot, there is a third option, maybe the simplest one: use the Map Transfer tool in DAZ Studio... you can find it in the options of the surfaces tab. With G3F in the scene and your old UVs and textures loaded on it, in Map Transfer just create one template and drag the torso surface on it. As 'Target UV map', use Base Female, as 'Source UV map', use Current.
thanks 1 user thanked Meipe for this useful post.
megagearx on 5/16/2019(UTC)
megagearx  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 12:05:56 PM(UTC)
megagearx

Originally Posted by: Meipe Go to Quoted Post
I forgot, there is a third option, maybe the simplest one: use the Map Transfer tool in DAZ Studio... you can find it in the options of the surfaces tab. With G3F in the scene and your old UVs and textures loaded on it, in Map Transfer just create one template and drag the torso surface on it. As 'Target UV map', use Base Female, as 'Source UV map', use Current.

Thank you!!!! It worked wonderfully! Thanks so much!