Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ThomasTergel  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 7:13:22 PM(UTC)
ThomasTergel

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)

Well, I couldn't get Dicktator to work on the one Genesis 3 model, so I created a new model and was able to add Dictator successfully, so I'm re-creating the 20 pages of the old model.

Now I can never seem to get the testicle texture and veins to work. I'm selecting Dictator and trying to add it there but nothing happens. Also, when I add a shell, the natural color goes away and the dick turns grey.

How do I get those natural looking veins?

thank you,

thomas

Thunder-3D  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 11:27:52 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 158 post(s)

Originally Posted by: ThomasTergel Go to Quoted Post

Well, I couldn't get Dicktator to work on the one Genesis 3 model, so I created a new model and was able to add Dictator successfully, so I'm re-creating the 20 pages of the old model.

Now I can never seem to get the testicle texture and veins to work. I'm selecting Dictator and trying to add it there but nothing happens. Also, when I add a shell, the natural color goes away and the dick turns grey.

How do I get those natural looking veins?

thank you,

thomas

Hi Thomas!

Meipe can answer in more detail but I think I can help.

The veins and scrotum textures are meant to be applied to the shell. So basically, apply in this order:

• Apply Dicktator to figure
  • Use material copy
  • Apply shell
  • (for better detail on veins, select the dicktator and go to the parameters tab, and bump the subdivision up to 2 or 3 depending on the speed of your rendering machine)
  • now select the shell, and apply the desired texture options to the shell including the vein displacement maps, these will only be visible in render/preview mode.

I highly recommend the shell options from Meipe's Texture Wizard product, there are many more options and vein maps you can use to customize your dicktator in it :)

Hope that helps!

thanks 1 user thanked Thunder-3D for this useful post.
Meipe on 4/28/2019(UTC)
ThomasTergel  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2019 5:57:04 AM(UTC)
ThomasTergel

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)

Thank you for responding :)

I was able to add the shell to dictator and keep the original body color. But when i add veins to the shell, nothing happens. In Dictator my !Shell DK Glans_Reset_IRAY, !Shell DK Testicles_Reset_IRAY and "!Shell DK Vein_Reset_IRAY icons, all have an "X" through them. Does this mean I can't apply it - and how come?

Also, I couldn't find the Render SubD level in the Parameters menu to increase the veining.

thank you,

Thomas

Meipe  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 1:13:53 PM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1233 time(s) in 614 post(s)
- You won't see the veins in the preview window, but only when rendered, as they use displacement maps.

-The 'X' icons are to remove the displacement and to get back to a flat glans, testicle or scrotum.

-The Shell is an istance of the main figure geometry. So, increase Render SubD on the Dicktator Genitalia graft, and it will be increased on the shell too.
StripesWaterkat  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 9:56:24 PM(UTC)
StripesWaterkat

Hello,

I am having the same problem as the OP. I have also tried Thunder's suggestion as well. After I double click the veins option, it appears to apply a shine to the dick and when I render, no veins. I also noticed when looking at the surfaces for the shell, no displacement maps have been set. I thought it was working, but haven't worked with it for awhile. There was also a recent Daz and Nvidia update, I don't know if its affecting it.

StripesWaterkat  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 10:56:50 PM(UTC)
StripesWaterkat

I found the answer. I looked back over some other posts and found someone who had the same issue. You have to have the G8M selected when adding the shell, not the diktator. The shell has to be parented to the model. See here:

http://www.renderotica.com/community/forums.aspx?g=posts&t=219975&cmsg=0&cmsn=#post427712

Might want to adjust instructions, which I haven't looked at to verify, to make sure to specifically say you must have the G8M selected when applying.

:)