Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NickM  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 7:47:31 PM(UTC)
NickM

Having some trouble with this.After adding a penis to a character I save it as a pose. But when I try to us the pose it loads the base character with no penis. I have to be doing something wrong but for the life of me i can't figure it out. Uninstalled and reinstalled DAZ studio 4.1 with no luck.

Thanks

matt  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 9:00:54 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 315 time(s) in 212 post(s)

Are you trying to save the character with the penis as a complete figure that you can load later? If so it's pretty easy to do, but selecting 'character preset' as the save type is only going to save the base figure without any attachments like genitalia, hair, clothing or whatever. What you want to do is select the save type as 'scene subset'. Here's how to do that.

Once you have your character created with all grafts, hair, and whatever else you want to be a part of it, open the folder in your content tab where you want it to go. Click on the '+' sign at the bottom of the tab. This will open up a popup that has the different save types available, I'll assume this is where you've been going to save as a character preset, so hopefully you're still with me. Near the top of the save types you will see 'scene subset'. Click on that. It will give you a new popup box that has everything in your scene with checkmarks next to them. You want to deselect everything that is not your character, such as any cameras, lights, or props that you may have loaded. Leave only the checkmark next to your character. Before you click save, make sure that everything that is part of your character is properly parented to them, or else it will not load when you try to add them to a new scene. When you open a new scene in Studio, go to the folder where you saved your character and double click it like you would to load anything else, and it will be loaded just as you saved it, pose, hair, pecker, and all.

You can even do this with multiple characters like couples or more, but I've found that the best way to do that is to parent all of the characters to the first one you loaded once you've posed them how you like, this insures that they load in the right positions. I also use this feature to save complete scenes like interiors, environments, or whatever, so that I can load them all later with one click. Character preset is only useful if you're just saving the base figure with no attachments, and I never use it.

NickM  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 10:32:08 PM(UTC)
NickM

Thank you. That at least get them saved. But what Im trying to do it an animation. And at this point i only know how to do it with poses, Using the time line.
matt  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 10:41:18 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 315 time(s) in 212 post(s)

I've only ever used the animation timeline with dforce simulations, so I can't really comment on that. Perhaps someone else that has played with animating will chime in. Glad I could help you save a character though!

Meipe  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2019 3:51:48 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1237 time(s) in 615 post(s)
This works for me:

-Select Futalicious in the scene;
-File->Save as->Pose Preset
-In the Pose Preset dialog, select 'Animated Range', the initial and end frame of your animation.You can filter the Futalitious properties too if you want to save only some of them.

You have saved your animation now, you can load it back with Futalicious selected in the scene.
NickM  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2019 8:10:38 PM(UTC)
NickM

Thanks you guys. Helped a lot. just a newbie here but having fun more or less..Thanks again. Again both replies help..