4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Blood-PawWerewolf  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 1:25:45 AM(UTC)
Blood-PawWerewolf

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Teronsuke Go to Quoted Post
<p>
Originally Posted by: Blood-PawWerewolf Go to Quoted Post
Compare the appeal process to Youtube&rsquo;s Appeals for demonetized videos. The main thing about algorithms is you gotta teach them. The more you teach algorithms what&rsquo;s allowed and what&rsquo;s forbidden, it&rsquo;ll get much better.
</p><br />
<p>While nowhere near as bad as a YT appeal,&nbsp; I had to re-request the same image FORTY times before it was finally marked &quot;okay&quot;&nbsp; and get this...</p><br />
<p>winter shot, fully clothed girl with long hair, standing in the snow with presents on the ground,&nbsp; 39 times HUMANS swore it was an explicit image, 39 times HUMANS said &quot;sorry that DOES contain nudity&quot;&nbsp; SMH</p><br />

Hoe many male pictures were flagged, appealed, and accepted?
Communications  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 1:43:35 AM(UTC)
Communications

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 116 post(s)

Hoe many male pictures were flagged, appealed, and accepted?

Prior to the purge the account had 8,469 images
as of now there are 1,320 that survived, more are product images then actual renders though.

Sadly I can't tell yuo how many were actually rejected I lost count on those lol,  but it tookfar too long just getting stuff cleaned up, submitted for appeals, etc etc etc

falco669  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 3:52:41 PM(UTC)
falco669

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Compare the appeal process to Youtube&rsquo;s Appeals for demonetized videos. The main thing about algorithms is you gotta teach them. The more you teach algorithms what&rsquo;s allowed and what&rsquo;s forbidden, it&rsquo;ll get much better.

While nowhere near as bad as a YT appeal, I had to re-request the same image FORTY times before it was finally marked &quot;okay&quot; and get this...

winter shot, fully clothed girl with long hair, standing in the snow with presents on the ground, 39 times HUMANS swore it was an explicit image, 39 times HUMANS said &quot;sorry that DOES contain nudity&quot; SMH

!#$/#!@ rediculous!cursing
Ponyplay covers a wide range of activities.. but at its core there are two types of ponyplayers: Those that prance and those that pull. These are not mutually exclusive.
Gonad  
#44 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 6:49:13 AM(UTC)
Gonad

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

That's sad. I used to go there for the upskirt and pantyhose shots. Oh well, there's always Pinterest!....for now   :)

NikitaHedon  
#45 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:23:12 AM(UTC)
NikitaHedon

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 82 post(s)

I suppose I could make a SFFT (Safe For Fucking Tumblr) version of everything I do if it would help with promoting Renderotica. I do some stuff in order to help out artists by being able to post renders on DAZ's very tame gallery. I generally don't share them here as I don't think the audience is the same, but I could.

I don't think much of my work was shared on Tumblr before the ban (I rarely went to Tumblr) so it may not help.

I also don't know what 'featured artist' vs not is. If it's just a way to separate people into groups or silos I wouldn't be interested. An artist is an artist IMHO.

Always glad and willing to help the community,
Nikita
simontemplar  
#46 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 8:21:31 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 100 post(s)

Maybe they were 39 humans with a snow and XXXmas fetish.
Or maybe they're bullshitting us and don't have a human check at all... those 39 misses could just be 39 resubmissions of the pic to an algorithm, wihtout even looking at it, clicking a filename and press "submit".

"That was fun. Let's do it again."
Communications  
#47 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 11:13:38 AM(UTC)
Communications

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 116 post(s)

Originally Posted by: NikitaHedon Go to Quoted Post

I suppose I could make a SFFT (Safe For Fucking Tumblr) version of everything I do if it would help with promoting Renderotica. I do some stuff in order to help out artists by being able to post renders on DAZ's very tame gallery. I generally don't share them here as I don't think the audience is the same, but I could.

I don't think much of my work was shared on Tumblr before the ban (I rarely went to Tumblr) so it may not help.

I also don't know what 'featured artist' vs not is. If it's just a way to separate people into groups or silos I wouldn't be interested. An artist is an artist IMHO.

Nikita

hey, IF you want to do SFFT stuff PLEASE also toss those over to your CGbytes gallery! (same login and pass as here if you were not aware)
according to my "posted" folder 95 of your images went to the Renderotica Tumblr account over the years.

Featured Artists:  you are actually already one,  simply put a "Featured Artist"  is someone who

1: has a decent amount of high quality images in their gallery
2: uploads images often (at least 4-5 per month)
3: (most important) said YES when I contacted them about our social media pages and adding their art to them

Then those artists become artists I FEATURE on our social media pages, their name and gallery link go into a spreadsheet and once a month (normally the first Sunday / Monday of the month) I'd go down that list and grab 4 images per artist,  watermark and tag all images with the artists names and from there images are scheduled each week from that pool.

The reason it is done that way is that sadly when the site and TOS was first created there wasn't forethought to promoting at that time so the TOS lacks any verbiage about "you grant us a license of display for anything you upload to the gallery, and in turn your images may be used to promote your gallery and the website on 3rd party sites"  or words to that effect. So,  due to that lack of those words in the TOS I need to ask and get permission from artists before we post their stuff on 3rd party sites. CGbytes went public with similar text, so all content could be promoted without the extra hoop jumping.

Funny side note, 90% of websites have that type of verbiage in their TOS, because it also covers them in the event their website is on the news and a users content is shown on the page..  IE YouTube's trending page is shown on the nightly news for whatever reason, no one can yell and scream if their videos thumbnails shows up on TV.

NikitaHedon  
#48 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 11:42:08 AM(UTC)
NikitaHedon

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 82 post(s)

Originally Posted by: NikitaHedon Go to Quoted Post

Nikita

hey, IF you want to do SFFT stuff PLEASE also toss those over to your CGbytes gallery! (same login and pass as here if you were not aware)
according to my "posted" folder 95 of your images went to the Renderotica Tumblr account over the years.

Featured Artists:  you are actually already one,  simply put a "Featured Artist"  is someone who

1: has a decent amount of high quality images in their gallery
2: uploads images often (at least 4-5 per month)
3: (most important) said YES when I contacted them about our social media pages and adding their art to them

Then those artists become artists I FEATURE on our social media pages, their name and gallery link go into a spreadsheet and once a month (normally the first Sunday / Monday of the month) I'd go down that list and grab 4 images per artist,  watermark and tag all images with the artists names and from there images are scheduled each week from that pool.

The reason it is done that way is that sadly when the site and TOS was first created there wasn't forethought to promoting at that time so the TOS lacks any verbiage about "you grant us a license of display for anything you upload to the gallery, and in turn your images may be used to promote your gallery and the website on 3rd party sites"  or words to that effect. So,  due to that lack of those words in the TOS I need to ask and get permission from artists before we post their stuff on 3rd party sites. CGbytes went public with similar text, so all content could be promoted without the extra hoop jumping.

Funny side note, 90% of websites have that type of verbiage in their TOS, because it also covers them in the event their website is on the news and a users content is shown on the page..  IE YouTube's trending page is shown on the nightly news for whatever reason, no one can yell and scream if their videos thumbnails shows up on TV.

Thank you Teronsuke for the simple and understandable explanations. Much appreciated 

butchsl  
#49 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 7:48:03 PM(UTC)
butchsl

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Looks like they've re-run their algorithm in the last few hours. On my site, a number of previously ok images have been hidden, fortunately I don't have a huge site to check and appeal.

Their algorithm doesn't appear to have improved any.
How much can a Koala bear?
NomadOfNorad  
#50 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 7:27:11 PM(UTC)
NomadOfNorad

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Originally Posted by: matt Go to Quoted Post

I'm not surprised by this decision at all, what I am surprised about is that it took them this long to do it. I ditched my tumblr account well over a year ago because I saw some things posted there that no one should see. I was following some blogs that posted photos of Met Art girls and FTV Girls and similar works. Someone tried to sneak in some unmentionable content. It was incredibly unsettling. But when you have a platform that allows people to upload literally anything without review, it's bound to happen. I don't blame tumblr for making this decision, as much as it sucks for folks like us that just want to share our work with other CG artists. They have to protect themselves and I'm sure they were contacted by law enforcement before this decision was made. It's probably due to the laws that were enacted concerning pages like Craigslist and Backpage, they were going to be held responsible for ads placed by their users that involved sex trafficking. They can't police every single ad that goes up, so they eliminated the adult sections to cover their asses. Now, I strongly disagree with these laws, they place an undue burden on web admins and hosting services, but it is what it is for now. 

It should be noted that EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) and the Woodhull Freedom Foundation found fault with that policy that has been applied onto Craig's List and the like, and are fighting it in the courts.

https://www.eff.org/document/fostasesta-one-pager

https://www.eff.org/cases/woodhull-freedom-foundation-et-al-v-united-states

https://www.woodhullfoundation.org/fosta/

EFF also commented directly on the Tumblr decision:

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/12/dear-tumblr-banning-adult-content-wont-make-your-site-better-it-will-harm-sex (-positive communities)

But yeah, its pretty clear that ill-advised policy-making imposed from On High is forcing a transition to a decentralized web system, which takes the power away from the powerful, censorship-happy powers-that-be.  It was already starting to happen, but stuff like this will likely accelerate it.

thanks 1 user thanked NomadOfNorad for this useful post.
matt on 12/22/2018(UTC)
DarkCowBoy  
#51 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 8:47:47 AM(UTC)
DarkCowBoy

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

I just read that Verizon was looking to sell Tumblr after all. Look like making it SFW wasn't such a great move for trying to get rid of it right after. And who could be interested in buying that ? You won't believe it : *deleted*! 

Of course, nothing's done yet, these things take time and negociations and could fall down but... it put a stupid grin on my face.

Source :

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/2/18527177/verizon-seeking-tumblr-sale-rumor-blogging

drafter69  
#52 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 9:26:50 AM(UTC)
drafter69

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 8 post(s)
If *deleted* buys it I certainly will return.... I loved Tumblr before they "cleaned it up"
Sutut  
#53 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 4:58:19 PM(UTC)
Sutut

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 88 post(s)

Originally Posted by: DarkCowBoy Go to Quoted Post

I just read that Verizon was looking to sell Tumblr after all. Look like making it SFW wasn't such a great move for trying to get rid of it right after. And who could be interested in buying that ? You won't believe it : *deleted*! 

Of course, nothing's done yet, these things take time and negociations and could fall down but... it put a stupid grin on my face.

Source :

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/2/18527177/verizon-seeking-tumblr-sale-rumor-blogging

Like I said at the start "Get woke, go BROKE"

Sex sells.  If they take down all the hawt grade A lesbo meat whipping other grade A lesbos - less traffic - less $ from ads and stuff.

Frankly, lots of 2D artists used to use them to make a presence there, that they'd not get taken down for a nipple or something.

SJWs are NOT a market force.  They can't afford a cup of coffee at Starbucks without working there, most of them.  Impoverished, brainwashed Corporate "useful idiot" puppets who champion any cause save anything that'll make a difference or do any real good.  They bashed Star Wars till Disney bought it, then they'd praise it if it was 2.5 hours of Jar Jar toungue f---ing George Lucas while he tounge F--- a PORG.

MickeyDamen  
#54 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 10:20:05 PM(UTC)
MickeyDamen

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I think most of this is a result of a law passed or to be passed, in the United States (Sec 230?) that holds the website provider responsible for all content posted on their website. In the past the individual who posted was responsible so websites turned a blind eye to content that was published on their sites.
magiteker  
#55 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 3:16:59 AM(UTC)
magiteker

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Originally Posted by: MickeyDamen Go to Quoted Post
I think most of this is a result of a law passed or to be passed, in the United States (Sec 230?) that holds the website provider responsible for all content posted on their website. In the past the individual who posted was responsible so websites turned a blind eye to content that was published on their sites.

The Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act (SESTA) and Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act (FOSTA) are the U.S. Senate and House bills that as the FOSTA-SESTA package became law on April 11, 2018.

Rep Ro Khanna is working to overturn or amend the law because it has harmed sex workers

thanks 1 user thanked magiteker for this useful post.
Cilla on 12/7/2019(UTC)
Cilla  
#56 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2019 3:12:24 AM(UTC)
Cilla

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Originally Posted by: mjw Go to Quoted Post
Incidentally. What is 'SJW'????

I read the urban dictionary comments but in reality the answer to your inquiry is a very, very large book yet to be written.  Perhaps a more pertinent question is how and - or why did a historical pursuit as noble as social justice and those who were willing to die for it get branded with a negative connotation and who stands to benefit from that?  A series of USA centric historical events to consider;

Three characters in this play.  Over simplified but perhaps a useful framework to throw your ideas against.

1. The Power Structure.  Simplified: The State(s), The Church, The Monarchy, The Moneyed Interests, Aristocracy, whatever the ruling class is at the time.  In current times often (erroneously in my opinion) referred to as "The Elites."

2. The Revolutionaries

3. The Counter-revolutionaries

There are plenty of 'also known as' for groups 2 and 3.  To simplify I have opted to omit the terms.  Now to mention some events and persons of consequence that took place which I found useful in formulating a current sociological pathology & how we got to SJW.  This is not me telling you what to think.  These are only a few things that assisted me.  Hopefully the moderators will understand some of the terminology used is dated, & not intended to be derisive on my part.  It is used in a historical context and in quotes for a reason.

• Thomas Paine; Who were his enemies?  Why were they his enemies?  What did he hope to do?  What did he do?  How was he rewarded for his actions?  Where is he buried?
  • Countless worthy mentions.  My apologies to them all. Fast forward
  • Bertrand Russell - College of the City of Ney York - Bishop Manning & company - fascinating historical event.  Useful in modern free speech on campus analysis as well as issues of morality and how they pertain to human sexuality
  • Phyllis Schlafly and the defeat of the ERA.  What made Phyllis powerful?  Power & efficacy are two separate things so I'm inclined to ask what made her effective too?
  • "Tipper" Gore + Parents Music Resource Center.  Simultaneously you have "The Satanic Panic" occurring.  How did these events intersect with art and censorship?  Are there similarities between Phyllis' organization and "Tipper's?" 
  • The Internet - a divide occurs within a computer activist culture - the term "Moral Fag" is born. Is this the teapot being placed upon the stove?
  • Gamergate - Is the stove on now?
  • Gay marriage becomes legal in all 50 States.  Polling indicates attitudes on homosexuality changes rapidly among large portions of the American electorate.  The term "Moral Fag" never makes it to prime time.
  • Wage stagnation + changing demographics + the creation of information bubbles (analytics allow for charting of data) - feedback loops fuel something.  Something new yet old simultaneously.  How is this possible?  Is the tea pot on the stove hissing yet?
  • Incels introduce themselves to the world - Okay full disclosure I did NOT see that one coming.  I am not omniscient.  Take what I write with a grain of salt.  Is that the teapot I hear?
  • SJW or "Social Justice Warrior" succeeds in doing what "Moral Fag" could not, it goes mainstream.  You can't visit Conservative media without hearing or reading it.  The teapot is overflowing and you know what happens next.  If you were paying attention you were not surprised.

Well I did my best to make it a brief analysis post rather than a political post but politics is much like life in that no matter how hard you try to avoid it eventually it's going to bite you in the ass.  I laid bare my own shortcomings and acknowledged that this is but a snippet of data.  To really get into it would take years.  You could go much further back, you could venture outside the USA more for relative information and context.  The world has gotten smaller & more interconnected.  I try to ask myself who stands to gain and who stands to loose from any event.  Food for thought anyhow.  Oh, hey this is a rather old post and I was wondering um, what is Tumblr?  Is it like Myspace or something? 

ProtocolZero  
#57 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2019 5:47:16 AM(UTC)
ProtocolZero

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 18 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Cilla Go to Quoted Post
Perhaps a more pertinent question is how and - or why did a historical pursuit as noble as social justice and those who were willing to die for it get branded with a negative connotation and who stands to benefit from that?

Maybe that's because, while the pursuit of justice (where the end result is that everyone is treated equally in the eyes of the law, to the greatest extent possible) has been and always will be a noble cause, the pursuit of social justice is largely (and correctly, IMO) seen to be a violence-prone mental health crisis of staggering proportions, and one that -- more often than not -- is at best a thin cover for an anti-West agenda.

It should also be pointed out that the SJW schtick doesn't play in Asia -- they got no time or patience for that crap there. The Chinese call SJWs "baizu", which translates to something like "White Left". It's not a term of endearment.

Edited by user Saturday, December 7, 2019 5:54:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cilla  
#58 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2019 10:29:57 AM(UTC)
Cilla

Originally Posted by: ProtocolZero Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Cilla Go to Quoted Post
Perhaps a more pertinent question is how and - or why did a historical pursuit as noble as social justice and those who were willing to die for it get branded with a negative connotation and who stands to benefit from that?

Maybe that's because, while the pursuit of justice (where the end result is that everyone is treated equally in the eyes of the law, to the greatest extent possible) has been and always will be a noble cause, the pursuit of social justice is largely (and correctly, IMO) seen to be a violence-prone mental health crisis of staggering proportions, and one that -- more often than not -- is at best a thin cover for an anti-West agenda.

It should also be pointed out that the SJW schtick doesn't play in Asia -- they got no time or patience for that crap there. The Chinese call SJWs "baizu", which translates to something like "White Left". It's not a term of endearment.

The "pursuit of justice" is an act by the ruling class of a region and era often as an attempt to maintain or expand power.  That is why it is not preceded by the word "social."   Social justice differs from the "pursuit of justice" in that there is no or little position of power at the onset of a variant.  The black man hearing the approaching footsteps of the Klan, or more to your comment the Chinese Uyger hearing the approaching footsteps of the secret police, the "pursuit of justice" is a luxury that does not exist there.

As for social justice being seen as a "violence-prone mental health crisis of staggering proportions" I have to respectfully disagree for the simple reason that if those social justice warriors were masters of the art of violence their hands would lie upon the levers of power and there would be no injustice remaining to revolt against.  Clearly we have some distance between the way we see behavioral patterns within our species.  I think it best we bring in a third party to clarify.  Will you be so kind as to reach out to Paulo Paulino Guajajara.  I've heard he's on the front line of one of todays most important struggles.  One that could potentially have global ramifications for unknown future generations.  He may be able to clarify things, however to be on the safe side just in case you're correct and his non-state sanctioned efforts to resist the harbingers of tyranny, greed, & death have rendered him violent to the point of "staggering proportions," should you find hundreds, no, thousands dead in pools of blood at his feet then meh, not worth it.  I'll concede you're analysis is superior and we shall leave the forest guardian be.   

*edit: Paulo was shot and killed.  Others like him have been too.  Not very good at the whole violence thing.  Those who executed him were though.  That's not forgiving terrain to operate in.  I'd want thermals, out of airspace pronto and a Deet bath before entry.  Bugs love me.  Weren't the freedom riders trained in how not to be violent in the face of violence?  From what I can tell violence is often reserved as a last resort or in a moment of monumental loss such as with MLK within social justice efforts.  In fact when someone who doesn't fit into the typical counter-revolutionary category does commit an act of violence it's all counter-revolutionaries can talk about for years if not decades.  Why?  Because it's an anomaly.  You'll want to check me on this but word is near 100% of the acts of domestic terrorism carried out in 2018 were done by what the FBI classifies as Right-Wing Extremists groups.  Like I said, check on that I could be wrong.  It may have been 100% vegan coastal libs who did all the violence.  You know how they can be.

Edited by user Saturday, December 7, 2019 11:10:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mjw  
#59 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2019 10:43:55 AM(UTC)
mjw

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 124 post(s)
@ProtocolZero: "The Chinese call SJWs "baizu", which translates to something like "White Left". It's not a term of endearment."
I doubt that what is normal on this site would be allowed to survive in that particular regime.
The term SJW (and social justice) was what I failed to get.
I am more worried by a growing tendency for a small vociferous group to dictate to nervous (often) organisations and companies what is and what is not acceptable. Because so much of what is objected to has connotations of shame or embarrassment the defenders of such stuff are usually silent. In the UK legislation sneaked through which makes images of face-sitting illegal, but allows images of fellation. It is an absurd situation because such things are practices of consenting adults many of whom probably passed the legislation. I grew up when homosexuality (not in itself an offensive term imo) was illegal - at least, between men (lesbianism was simply not on the legal map). Today only extremists would argue that gay people should be locked up (well, for being gay, anyway). I thought we were becoming freer and more liberal, but instead the pendulum is starting to swing back. I have viewed the USA as a model of freedom of expression, beliefs and activities, but it appears to be closing down ther, and where the USA goes the UK often follows, even if it is ill-advised.
thanks 1 user thanked mjw for this useful post.
Cilla on 12/7/2019(UTC)
Cilla  
#60 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2019 11:18:46 AM(UTC)
Cilla

Should you choose to run for any office under the banner "Make Face-Sitting Legal Again" know you will have our full support.
thanks 1 user thanked Cilla for this useful post.
mjw on 12/9/2019(UTC)