3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SnarltheWerewolf  
#21 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 6:58:38 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Was thanked: 122 time(s) in 77 post(s)
You are way too kind :)

I'm just glad you were able to get it all working in the end with mine and 2scoops' instructions.

Tab can be a bit of a pain to set up, but once you get it up and running it's really head and shoulders above the other gens.

Much happy rendering :)
SnarltheWerewolf  
#22 Posted : Saturday, September 8, 2018 8:58:28 AM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Hey everyone,

I never heard back on Ero moving the G3M Genitalia Removed morph to G8M gens, so I updated my tutorial to show you how to convert the G3M Genitalia Removed morph to G8M gens so your G8M dude can have an anus to go with his TAB. Check it out.
thanks 1 user thanked SnarltheWerewolf for this useful post.
butchsl on 9/12/2018(UTC)
butchsl  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:30:20 AM(UTC)
butchsl

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)

Thanks for this, much better than the method I was using. But...
Step 6 - shouldn't it be Genesis 8 folder?

For the removal instructions, that is.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:32:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

How much can a Koala bear?
SnarltheWerewolf  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:35:09 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Good catch! Thanks for catching that for me, Butch. I've updated it.
SnarltheWerewolf  
#25 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2019 8:52:06 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Hey guys,

At this point I've kinda given up on hearing back from Ero so I'll throw it out here. Is there any interest in me posting tutorial on how to finish fixing TAB? While the Tab Shorts were a big step up, it wasn't always perfect and I wanted something that didn't use the DAZ base so that Ero could update it and make it accessible to all.

It's not a super hard process, but it's more involves than the original tutorial and involves weight mapping and editing geometry. Ergo, I don't really want to waste a day or so documenting this if it's beyond what people want to do and they're happy with what they're using.

thanks 1 user thanked SnarltheWerewolf for this useful post.
butchsl on 2/4/2019(UTC)
butchsl  
#26 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 12:28:47 AM(UTC)
butchsl

Are you proposing to make the TAB geomorphed, so we don't need to go through the bastard process of fitting? If so, count me in!
SnarltheWerewolf  
#27 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 8:41:51 AM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Originally Posted by: butchsl Go to Quoted Post
Are you proposing to make the TAB geomorphed, so we don't need to go through the bastard process of fitting? If so, count me in!

If you mean "geografted", no. That's not possible due to poly that lay against the g8m figure not matching up against any of the  g8m poly's. My fix is two parts:

A.) Fix the weight map so when Tab loads it's actually properly conforming to the body (no matter the shape), and bends with the body. No more loading Tab on Swole or George and having it load halfway inside the body. Then save it out so you don't have to do it again. 

B.) Using part of a second TAB (that you remove polys from) to make the collision shield. You end up with a seamless fit between the body and the main Tab.Then you just save that as prop and you're good to go in the future.

It's definitely a good 45 minute commitment, but once you do it TAB is basically fixed short of a geograft which just isn't possible without him redoing the geometry to match G8's. With this it becomes: Load a Tab, load a shield, smooth collide Tab against the Tab shield and you're good. You may need to fiddle a bit with large or extreme shapes to make a perfect seam, but otherwise you're good.

The best part about this is (and what I was hoping Ero would respond back to) is that this uses none of the Daz figure geometry, so Ero could just update the base product with these fixes and it's good to go. But he's yet again missing in action, so what can you do 

butchsl  
#28 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 6:55:57 PM(UTC)
butchsl

I knew as soon as I typed "geomorphed", it was wrong lol - it's still too hot here for the brain to function correctly.

What you're proposing will remove the need to use the "fitting" dials for perineum and loins, etc
SnarltheWerewolf  
#29 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 8:06:58 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

No worries, all that cold air to make our Polar Vortex had to come from somewhere, that's why you guys are baking in the sun right now.

You're partially right. You'll still need to do a little initial fiddling to fit tab and the shield to the G8M figure, especially if it's an extreme shape (think Swole series or George), however, once you do that fiddling you never have to worry about it again. At that point it's properly weight mapped so if you bend the figure around, you may get pokethrough of the the pelvis or stomach poking through the tab figure (like with conforming clothes), but you don't end up with tab staying frozen in place and halfway into the figure's lower abdomen. I'll attach three photos to demonstrate. Please note, I left the default texture on tab so it would stand out against the figure. The figure has some Swole Fibo, George 8 and Brute 8 in there.

Just loading the new TAB onto G8M

All sorts of bends

Bending with shield (it may not look like much of a different except it got bigger, but there's a nice tight seal, and it took me lik 2 minutes or less to rig it up)

And finally with the actual matching texture (note, I used the geoshell trick I documented in another thread to improve the hip discoloration issue)

thanks 2 users thanked SnarltheWerewolf for this useful post.
butchsl on 2/4/2019(UTC), banditcameraman on 2/9/2019(UTC)
butchsl  
#30 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 8:57:10 PM(UTC)
butchsl

Thanks for all this. It's something that I'd find handy, but if you don't get anyone else showing interest, I wouldn't bother.

I've got enough default gens morphs to keep me happy for a while :)
SnarltheWerewolf  
#31 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 9:18:55 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

No worries, mate. It's a bit of setup, but if your someone like myself who prefers tab and uses it as your main gens it brings it on par with the geografted gens for matching.

I wish vendors would show it more love, it's taken off in popularity and sales since these fixes came out. It's sitting on page 5 of the catalog if you sort it by popularity, so obvious people are buying it. But it had such a botched launch and then throw in Ero not supporting it for some time and it's basically a dead end. Thankfully, there's a shit ton of polys in the base, so you can easily make your own morphs for it with a little work.
simontemplar  
#32 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 8:11:47 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Well, it looks like the forum ate the message I just tried to post so I'll do it all over again... I have good news for all TaB aficionados.

Erogenesis and 3feetwolf (yes he's alive!) have shaken on it and 3feetwolf will take over and carry on the development of TaB.
As he can't access Renderotica easily these days due to geographical Internet content restrictions, I have been tasked to relay
messages between 3feetwolf and the general public here. He'd really like to know what features people would like to see added in
the future. A working anus is already on the to-do list. Right now, it's all in the material and info gathering stage between the involved
parties. I'll make a new "clean slate" topic especially for the users to share their ideas there. It would be better if, just for the now, all
suggestions about adapting TaB to anything else than G8M were kept on the backburner: this thing needs to be made into a grograft
and adapted properly to one figure before it can be extrapolated to other figures or variations of the same. It's kind of a rebirth of TaB
and it will take some work.
"That was fun. Let's do it again."
thanks 2 users thanked simontemplar for this useful post.
nptblu16 on 2/11/2019(UTC), banditcameraman on 2/12/2019(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf  
#33 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 10:02:55 AM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

In all candor, I don't want a geograft anymore. Especially for G8M, as based on Daz's release schedule history, we should be seeing G9M this summer. G8M is hitting the end of year 2 soon, and Daz has been giving generations a 2 year life span. We get a G8M geograft Tab in the Spring, then we're all gonna have to buy a G9M version in the Summer :-P

I was very anti-conforming when it was first released, but over time I've grown to see it has two features that give it a leg up over a geograft.

1.) When I put clothes on the character I can just set Tab to invisible and it's gone and the clothes work. If I have a geograft genital, I have to either set the parameter to make the cock next to nothing so it doesn't distort or unfit the genital and then hide it.

2.) When G9M is released, it'll take me like 5 or 10 minutes of tinkering and then it will work with G9M

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad someone is picking up the mantle since Ero has done a poor job supporting it the past year or so :-/ But I'm also worried that we're going to be in the same situation with 3feetwolf as he/she is in China (if I recall). The fact that you're relaying messages for them and past history when that vendor has disappeared for a long time, I'm concerned we're going to back in the same lack of vendor support situation we've been in with Tab.

Regardless, nice to see any movement at all on Tab. Hope it turns out well.
simontemplar  
#34 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 12:02:34 PM(UTC)
simontemplar

Conforming remains a problem if you want an anus that'll work seamlessly with the rest of the character figure. Adding an anus separately never gives a clean cut result and you have
to cheat around and postwork just to make it look good. Same goes with texturing: geograft+script can give you a more seamless result. Look at NGV7 and NGV8, as well as Meipe's
Dicktator kits: the results are clean. It's all done in geograft.

When it comes to have visible genitalia (nude character) or invisible genitalia (character wearing bottoms) I tend to go for the blunt method: prior to setting up my whole scene, I'll make
a genless version and a gen'ed version of the same character and use each according to what the render requires. It saves me tons of trouble and tinkering. I know it's going around the issue
but sometimes, confrontation isn't the cleanest option :)

When G9M comes out, if 3feetwolf has a working method for G8, he won't have much trouble adapting it to the new figure. Let's face it: the groin part is not what Daz really try to improve
and refine everytime they make a new series. So~~ I don't think it'll be a major issue.
Erogenesis does make models, but at the end of the day, as he puts it himself, he is a comics artist and yes, product support isn't something he hadn't planned for thoroughly to start with mostly because keeping working on the models over and over would have made him drift away from his true purpose. I'm not commenting on how right or wrong this is: we all have our priorities. For example, I'm an IT guy but I do not do intranets and such as when you start to do that, you can forget about everything else: people will fuck up the network every single day and what I like to do is fix and make computer units. I don't care much for fixing Bob's IP and DNS problems after he went and tinkered with Windows' network settings. It's not what I really went in IT for.

These days, Ero is working like mad on the third opus of the Disco Dragon. It's *huge*. It takes all of his time and yet, he's very aware that people want TaB to go on. That's why he and I discussed the matter and examined options, to finally decide that asking 3feetwolf to take over would probably be for the best. Ero didn't want to leave people frustrated any longer over the TaB issue. If you guys remember 3feetwolf's work before his hiatus, you know that his tech support and update flow was in the top tier. For every new submodel of G3F that came out, he put out an add-on for NGV7. Flawlessly. Real life problem caught up with him some time after NGV8 came out and that's when he went AWOL. Only recently has his lfe taken a more stable turn and his putting out a new nipples product out and announcing that it would get updates is, I think, a rather positive sign. So, we'll see... me, I'm rather confident and I want to believe it'll work.

Being a relay in this specific case will allow me to keep my finger on the pulse of the project. I will do my best to make sure that everything flows well. I happen to enjoy helping some of the content creators here at Rotica, whom I like to think of as good friends, in my own limited way, so I'll do my best.

Keep your fingers crossed everybody :)

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2019 12:16:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

butchsl  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 9:37:53 PM(UTC)
butchsl

I'm in two minds about geografting for G8. On one hand, it'll make fitting and texturing much easier and it'll fit under clothing for realistic bulges, however, as Snarl points out, G9 may be out in a few months and a new version of TAB may be needed. If G8 was geografted at this late stage, I'd expect it to be a free upgrade and I'd like to see a discounted upgrade to g9 for existing TAB owners. At this point in time, I like 8 and I keep telling myself that I'm not going to move to 9, unless it's radically different.

One problem with Meipe's Dicktator is that it uses geometry shells. Unless I missed something, octane render and geometry shells don't go too well together.
simontemplar  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 3:55:49 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

The thing with TaB is that its base has a shitload of polygons, as Snarl said it, and that's a good thing. It leaves latitudes. As I pointed out above, what can be done on G8 can more than likely be done on G9. Unless a genius has
suddenly graced Daz32D with an entirely new kind of mesh, we can consider this as a rather safe bet. As for bulges, I have submitted a concept to 3feetwolf which he thinks is implementable.

I was kind of expecting that someone would bring up the concept of free upgrades but I'll go on a limb here and give you my own opinion as I can't yet speak for 3feetwolf. Erogenesis is passing the product over. He won't be the
vendor anymore and both the workload and the potential benefits will be transfered to a completely different person, who deserve to get something out of it. I, for one thing, wouldn't mind putting out some money considering that fact.
Chances are that this won't "just" be a geograft adaptation too. Some things will probably have to be added or changed in the way that schlong is hangin'. So, before we talk about money, let's wait and see what course it all takes :)

TaB so far didn't have a geoshell. Somehow, I don't see it going that way. Ideally, a script system to change its textures the way NGV3 and 8 had one would be a better bet and when we get to the texturing stage I will more than likely
suggest that the proceeds go this way.

It's all in the planning right now, so we'll have to let 3feetwolf tinker about with the original product and see what he comes up with. He's the engineer, I'm just the clerk :)
thanks 1 user thanked simontemplar for this useful post.
banditcameraman on 2/13/2019(UTC)
2scoops5  
#37 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 5:24:24 PM(UTC)
2scoops5

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Decisions, decisions. While I'm used to working with TAB as a conformer now and the benefits that gives, such as geoshells only where needed (I use 3 usually, one as a light block to prevent the glow effect from iray's shitty implementation of SSS with cutout opacity at -0.30 offset, one hidden as collision mesh with about -0.10 offset to prevent gaps and another for extra gloss and/or color when needed), cross generation (eg G3M, G8M) usage, plus all my custom morphs and shapes... a geograft would be awesome too, especially with 3FW's skills in automating a lot of the tedium.

I think I'm inclined to go geograft for G9M - with some final polishing, no pun, to the existing TAB conforming figure.

SnarltheWerewolf  
#38 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 7:39:25 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Sorry, traveling for work the past week so haven't been following this.

I would say this, other people have complaints about TAB, and I don't because the TAB I have is different than everyone else's. Mine has been reweightmapped with help from SickleYield. Is has a better method for colliding, so mine lays flat against the body. I have no time to go edit stuff in photoshop after I render. I hate that crap.

Best of all, the version I've been using could be completely redistributed by Ero and I offered it to him months ago. SickleYield was even nice enough to let him just reuse the one that she rigged up for me for G8M. The new collision shield just reused a modified version of the Tab shield. So it could all be distributed by him, but he just never responded. I can lead a horse to water, but you can't shove his head into the river.

As far as anus, just use the one with G8M. I has also talked to Meipe about making a version of Stereo Love that was just an anus so you could use it as a standalone geograft. It's on his schedule.

At this point, the only thing I would really like is for Ero to release the additional morphs he had made. I know he had wanted to make textures for them, but I doubt that is ever getting made. The morphs are done, we might as well have those released.

Edited by user Friday, February 15, 2019 7:47:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

simontemplar  
#39 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 5:36:17 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Out of curiosity, if the version SickleYeld helped you with just snug-fits properly, is there any chance that it could take a smoothing modifier as well? For the anus... well, it isn't that I want to run a philosophical debate on rectal geometry but... don't you think the one that's in G8M to boot is a bit lacking in geometry? What would be planned so far would be to make TaB have an anus as versatile as what NGV7 and NGV8 had. And that allows for a lot of shaping and stretching.
As for those additional morphs, I'll see what I can do and try to have them added to the to-do list, thank you for mentioning those :)
SnarltheWerewolf  
#40 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 7:44:04 AM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Originally Posted by: simontemplar Go to Quoted Post
Out of curiosity, if the version SickleYeld helped you with just snug-fits properly, is there any chance that it could take a smoothing modifier as well? For the anus... well, it isn't that I want to run a philosophical debate on rectal geometry but... don't you think the one that's in G8M to boot is a bit lacking in geometry? What would be planned so far would be to make TaB have an anus as versatile as what NGV7 and NGV8 had. And that allows for a lot of shaping and stretching.
As for those additional morphs, I'll see what I can do and try to have them added to the to-do list, thank you for mentioning those :)

It does. It's actually two parts that make this work. SickleYield's reweightmapped TAB figure so that Tab actually fits and bends to the character so you don't have the issue that when the character bends at the pelvis or you diale in Swole 8 that Tab ends ups buried deep in the body and you have to reset its xyz position. 

However, that doesn't fix the issue with the figure poking through Tab and its shield during bends and twists. That's where my part comes in with the collision shield. The Tab shorts instructions I made were a good first start, but they sometimes had issues with extreme character shapes causing Tab to not lay flat against the body. The second issue was they were made from the G3/8M mesh, so there would be no way to distribute it or have Ero use it for an update.

I went in and took a Tab, erased all the cock polys and left only a stripped down shield and taint area. You load the "shield", make it super tight against the body, then have it smooth against the G8M figure and then hide the "shield". You then load Tab, have that smooth against the "shield" and you're good to go. "Shield" does the heavy lift of making sure that there's a base that is hugging exactly to the g8m shape. That allows the Tab to have a low smoothing iteration (I use 1 to prevent loss of details) with a higher collision iteration, and it just smooths against the skin tight "shield". Shield has the additional benefits of still having all the fitting morphs of Tab, so you can make lots of mini adjustments for a perfect fit on extreme shapes.

It takes a couple of minutes to fiddle in the beginning, but when it's done, it's done. 

Simon, just PM me, obviously you own Tab and work with Ero. I'm happy to share it with you, maybe you'll have better luck than I showing it to Ero.

Regarding the anus, yeah, a better one would be preferred, but I haven't had much issue with Terrance's morphs from his figures. If Meipe does release a standalone Stereo Love that's only an anus, then that's even better.