Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MrConjurer  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 4:11:14 PM(UTC)
MrConjurer

Well, hello... You didn't see me here... or did you? Anyway, I'm here and that's all that matters hah! So... I am a creator of sorts, I make my own music, working on a game at the moment, and thinking about going into Animation which will also be in the game, and no, it's not a sexual game in the slightest, it's a Horror... But... That doesn't explain why I'm here huh... Well no, sure it doesn't, so I'm thinking of doing other stuff with Animation, hence why I am here, yup... gotta love it! 

Like I said, I'm a total newb, just starting out basically so I thought I'd ask you guys if you have any recommendations for someone just starting out, like what do I need exactly to make the kind of Animations that are featured on here or Affect3d? I have Daz, but that's about it so far... I need Models... lots of models, and parts for those models, but where the heck do I start man? Help... Somebody help me! Please :D 

If anyone has any advice on where to begin that would be greatly appreciated... And who knows, could be a lot of fun!

Cheers!

sumigo  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 10:24:05 AM(UTC)
sumigo

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 121 post(s)

Hello MrConjurer,

First of all decide which generation you want to use (Genesis 3, Genesis 8 etc) I recommend either Genesis 8 or Genesis 3. Genesis 8 is the newest generation and just had its one year anniversary, which also means the next generation is about a year away since DAZ is on a 2 year generational refresh. So spend your dollars accordingly.

I recommend you purchase the PLatinum Club on the DAZ site, with this you get much better discounts on new DAZ originals, plus they have Platinum plus marked items that are in the $3-$6 range and these are many times very useful items, plus they have weekly freebies which are also usually very good.

As for genitalia, you have to purchase the Pro bundle of any core model you use, for instance by purchasing Victoria 8 pro bundle you would get the stock DAZ genitals (called anatomical elements on that site) with basic morphs. But a better way to go is to get the base model (once you get platinum club) then come here to renderotica for your pick of superior genitalia. For females, there is New Gens by 3Feetwolf, Golden Palace by Meipe (the one I use) and morph packs for the stock DAZ Anatomical Elements. For males, there is Dicktator by Meipe (the one I use), TAB by Erogenesis, and OMGDICK by Sledgehammer plus various morph sets for the stock DAZ Anatomical Elements.

If you can afford them get them all and try them to see what works best for you, or read these forums and read on which seems more intuitive for you.

Going back to the DAZ site, once you decide which generation you need the base morphs sold separately, there are head and face morph sets, body morphs and recently expressions too. There are also some good morphs sold by a vendor names Zev0 who sells great morph packs called breast control, glute control etc, which do what the title says.

Before you start animating, and I am sorry I do not know your background, but start playing with simple single frame stills first and learn posing, there are many pose packs out there but you need to learn to do it yourself, and focus on lighting and camera work too. 

Finally learn how to use the tabs in DAZ, particularly the Surface tab, this is where you can change the surface of anything to anything. But all the tabs are important, master as much of them as you can.

thanks 1 user thanked sumigo for this useful post.
midnight_blue on 7/13/2019(UTC)
Otherside823  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 8:20:58 PM(UTC)
Otherside823

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I'm dabbling in Daz animation, if you want to jump to how this works look at Puppeteer and Animate. But if you're not familiar with Daz itself than it will be a big learning curve. I recommend starting with stills and developing your style. Get good at posing, lighting and building scenes first. I completely agree with Sumigo. This is all good advise. I also recommend shopping wisely. Register here, Daz and also *deleted* and build wish lists. You will be buying and trying a lot. Look for sales so you can do this on the cheap.
RVNSN  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 6:52:51 PM(UTC)
RVNSN

Thank you, this is basically the post I was thinking of making.

sumo's reply is helpful, ty, and if you or anyone else cares to get more detailed on suggestions that would be wonderful.

As for me, I'm a newbie, want to illustrate my own fiction, start dabbling in ren'py games (for adult and interactive, private educational), and who knows... it's fun to create. Definitely will want to get into at least some animation - looks beneficial for the adult games especially.

Any suggestions on landscape creation software? I'm using a Mac, and Daz has not yet (if ever) fixed Bryce to work with newer Mac OS.

I have at my disposal Daz (of course), Maya, Poser, Photoshop, Blender (duh) - Bryce and Hexagon are in limbo.

While I am mostly using models, etc made by others at this time, I do want to start making some of my own objects - landscapes, buildings, props, ships, perhaps clothing...
nightwolf1982  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 4:52:26 PM(UTC)
nightwolf1982

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Terradome 3 (https://www.daz3d.com/terradome-3-iray) is a good choice for landscape generation directly in DAZ, as well as the Worldbase XT (https://www.daz3d.com/the-all-new-worldbase-xt-lushlands) sets.