Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Velshtein  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2022 7:19:42 AM(UTC)
Velshtein

Was thanked: 321 time(s) in 308 post(s)

I remember back in the old days, the Japanese render community invested fairly heavy with Poser. So did I. All those crazy props and monster characters the Japanese poser people came up with were awesome.

Now that I've started in DAZ Studio, I wonder - are there any sites that give out freebies or even sell DS props and original characters by Japanese artists?

Katsuyaki  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2022 7:55:41 AM(UTC)
Katsuyaki

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I sometimes browse the old Japanese sites looking for freebies, and they definitely seemed to be much more active back in the day than they are now (and a lot of them are gone now), and they were much more Poser-oriented. I was told that that was because there is (or was) a Japanese-language version of Poser, but not a Japanese-language version of DAZ Studio, so at the time at least, there was a language barrier driving Japanese artists to favor Poser. However, all of the Japanese 3D artists I follow now all seem to have migrated to DAZ Studio, so I guess that barrier isn't what it used to be, for whatever reason. They also used to have their own sites to showcase their art and content, but now they all seem to cluster on sites like Pixiv, DeviantArt, etc.

Try looking for those old Japanese freebies on "Poser and Daz Free Resources" (https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Freebie_Sites) or "List of freebie websites" (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/478/list-of-freebie-websites).

Later...
Velshtein  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2022 8:06:18 AM(UTC)
Velshtein

Was thanked: 321 time(s) in 308 post(s)

Nice! I'll try that. Thanks Katsuyaki!

Visioneer  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2022 1:44:06 PM(UTC)
Visioneer

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

You should check out the CG Sharing site, which gets auto-deleted from here, apparently.  Just make a google search about CG and share.  Redviper is one user that is pretty active.

You can also search for "DAZ3D" and "Distribution" on *deleted*, you should*deleted* be able to find a number of freebies there.

Edited by moderator Friday, December 30, 2022 1:35:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

wurger  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2022 4:34:04 PM(UTC)
wurger

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Kitbash3d has a nice new Japanese historical building collection, though it isn’t free. Bunch of hoops to get the Blender version into DS, but renders I’ve seen look good.
CDDVD  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2022 6:44:24 AM(UTC)
CDDVD

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Are you referring to sites like Reika's Prop Shop? It's long gone along with most of the other Japanese content artists. I still have all their items and they work fine in Studio. I'm on *deleted* and after an extensive search, haven't found anyone making items anymore. It's all Guro and Lolli shit renders....yuch!

Edited by moderator Friday, December 30, 2022 1:36:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified