Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dark45  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2022 12:42:43 AM(UTC)
Dark45

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Just recently got heavily into animation and have a question. I take it most people I see making VN's are using golden palace v2 for there stuff. When I setup collision and do animation. Any time there is contact between dictator and golden palace the mesh acts strangly, all glitchy like. Is there something I'm not setting right?

BrimstoneOmega  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2022 1:58:58 PM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Collisions are only going to take you so far. If you're animating you'll need to set up keyframes at points and manually pose the vagina and Dicktator. Daz isn't the most user-friendly software for animations. I've done a few in the past, but they take a lot of work to get things right. Daz is making some moves forward with animation, but it's leagues behind other programs.

If you've done all this already, you may need to up the number of collision interactions that are taking place, as well as smoothing, but if you're trying to collide with something severely intersecting the geometry of your GP it is going to distort quite hideously. This is a limitation of the software more than any specific product.
thanks 1 user thanked BrimstoneOmega for this useful post.
Meipe on 12/19/2022(UTC)
Dark45  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2022 9:34:07 PM(UTC)
Dark45

Originally Posted by: BrimstoneOmega Go to Quoted Post
Collisions are only going to take you so far. If you're animating you'll need to set up keyframes at points and manually pose the vagina and Dicktator. Daz isn't the most user-friendly software for animations. I've done a few in the past, but they take a lot of work to get things right. Daz is making some moves forward with animation, but it's leagues behind other programs.

If you've done all this already, you may need to up the number of collision interactions that are taking place, as well as smoothing, but if you're trying to collide with something severely intersecting the geometry of your GP it is going to distort quite hideously. This is a limitation of the software more than any specific product.

I figured as much and thank you for the reply. Increasing the smoothing and collision only made things worst. I'v just been going through every 10 frames or so and adjusting. There's still a a gap between the minora and dictator but it's at least passable.

Thank you for your reply. It means alot.

Take care, friend.

gooHero  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2022 7:25:23 AM(UTC)
gooHero

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I have dropped all attempts to use collision in animations. This goes for Breastacular, FenderBlender and everything else(squishy bodies and everything collision related on the main DAZ3D site), it is just not viable. I have two scripts I use in every single animation though, to help with the more monotone assignments; and those are Limb Stick and a Spring script for tits and limbs that need to jiggle. I have also made a number of custom morphs to help with buttbounce and similar(no the scripts for butt bounce that are available are not good). A good and helpful way to do things is to pair a few expressions with the GP open morphs (with ERC Freeze) so that a character's face matches how much he/she is "split" open. Saves a lot of time. I can get an 8 second decent looking animation down in half an afternoon approximately with these tools ^_^ If you just NEED to get collisions going for some reason I suggest using flat surfaces for the best result; but you will still need to do a MASSIVE amount of adjusting when it starts to explode and envelop the thing colliding with the surface :-s I so envy the soft body simulations of Virt-a-Mate and Blender. We need something like that in Daz for sure!

regards,
gooHero
thanks 1 user thanked gooHero for this useful post.
BrimstoneOmega on 12/19/2022(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2022 8:58:47 PM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 86 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Dark45 Go to Quoted Post

I figured as much and thank you for the reply. Increasing the smoothing and collision only made things worst. I'v just been going through every 10 frames or so and adjusting. There's still a a gap between the minora and dictator but it's at least passable.

Thank you for your reply. It means alot.

Take care, friend.

Another thing to keep in mind is that from keyframe to keyframe, Daz uses an acceleration curve to even out the movements. So taking your 10 step keyframes (or whatever the term would be) frame 1-2-3 and 8-9-10 will have less or slower movement than frame 4-5-6-and 7. It speeds up and slows down the movements between poses to make things look less jerky and mechanical. You may need to add extra keyframes in there to make up for that. Daz might be moving things in ways you're not expecting.

As I recall, I think when I did a close-up animation I had to almost set up keyframe for each frame. I skipped a few, but the timeline was a maze of little arrows, as @gooHero said, you'll need to do a massive amount of manual edits.

Here's a crappy one I did a while ago trying out animations. I didn't use any collisions on this one, I don't believe. mega.nz/file/ovhlTAiY#IZ97Zumoiybm3MmvClmDbVjkri8xfSSk6WU-gwt2IJI

And another crappy one where I did use collisions. mega.nz/file/J35SGDxD#8Pq3ybTg6oeQgIxLo8_B6Ua-bo7gEavlyu6y91xtjP4

I did these more as tests or proof of concept type projects, so I didn't really spend as much time on them as they probably needed, but they do show that you can achieve a nice-looking animation with GP and Dicktator, it's just a lot of manual work.

Edited by user Monday, December 19, 2022 9:00:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked BrimstoneOmega for this useful post.
Meipe on 12/26/2022(UTC)
Dark45  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2022 9:55:39 PM(UTC)
Dark45

Another thing to keep in mind is that from keyframe to keyframe, Daz uses an acceleration curve to even out the movements. So taking your 10 step keyframes (or whatever the term would be) frame 1-2-3 and 8-9-10 will have less or slower movement than frame 4-5-6-and 7. It speeds up and slows down the movements between poses to make things look less jerky and mechanical. You may need to add extra keyframes in there to make up for that. Daz might be moving things in ways you're not expecting.

As I recall, I think when I did a close-up animation I had to almost set up keyframe for each frame. I skipped a few, but the timeline was a maze of little arrows, as @gooHero said, you'll need to do a massive amount of manual edits.

Here's a crappy one I did a while ago trying out animations. I didn't use any collisions on this one, I don't believe. mega.nz/file/ovhlTAiY#IZ97Zumoiybm3MmvClmDbVjkri8xfSSk6WU-gwt2IJI

And another crappy one where I did use collisions. mega.nz/file/J35SGDxD#8Pq3ybTg6oeQgIxLo8_B6Ua-bo7gEavlyu6y91xtjP4

I did these more as tests or proof of concept type projects, so I didn't really spend as much time on them as they probably needed, but they do show that you can achieve a nice-looking animation with GP and Dicktator, it's just a lot of manual work.

Yeah, Daz's frame interpolation leaves a lot to be desired. Doing the jumps requires me to go back and fine tune the key frames prior as the interpolation really jacks it up. I use linear often but when you need that natural slow down and speed up, it's the only tool we have :( .

Just recently got spring dynamics for breasts and love it! Limbstick is also a life savior and I've used it with every project. Currently working with Fluidos to try and attempt the animated climax. I know many have tried to varying degrees, I have the plugin so why not try right lol.

Thank you guys.

Dark45  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2022 8:59:03 PM(UTC)
Dark45

Originally Posted by: gooHero Go to Quoted Post
I have dropped all attempts to use collision in animations. This goes for Breastacular, FenderBlender and everything else(squishy bodies and everything collision related on the main DAZ3D site), it is just not viable. I have two scripts I use in every single animation though, to help with the more monotone assignments; and those are Limb Stick and a Spring script for tits and limbs that need to jiggle. I have also made a number of custom morphs to help with buttbounce and similar(no the scripts for butt bounce that are available are not good). A good and helpful way to do things is to pair a few expressions with the GP open morphs (with ERC Freeze) so that a character's face matches how much he/she is "split" open. Saves a lot of time. I can get an 8 second decent looking animation down in half an afternoon approximately with these tools ^_^ If you just NEED to get collisions going for some reason I suggest using flat surfaces for the best result; but you will still need to do a MASSIVE amount of adjusting when it starts to explode and envelop the thing colliding with the surface :-s I so envy the soft body simulations of Virt-a-Mate and Blender. We need something like that in Daz for sure!

regards,
gooHero

Hey Goo, I hope you don't mind my asking but what is your workflow for the booty bounce? I've tried a few custom morphs, animating them to a point I feel would be good, but they never turn out quite right.

ramon73  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2022 4:50:06 AM(UTC)
ramon73

Originally Posted by: gooHero Go to Quoted Post

regards,
gooHero

Where can I find such a script for bouncing boobies? I tried to manually animate them, but the result is not very good so far.

Dark45  
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2022 5:09:22 AM(UTC)
Dark45

Originally Posted by: ramon73 Go to Quoted Post

Where can I find such a script for bouncing boobies? I tried to manually animate them, but the result is not very good so far.

For breast, spring dynamics does quite a good job with the right settings. Just search for it and you'll find it.

thanks 1 user thanked Dark45 for this useful post.
ramon73 on 12/29/2022(UTC)