Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
oldman  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2022 11:00:21 AM(UTC)
oldman

In using the product some issues were found. Some are easily corrected by the user IF they know where to look.

The default Iray render settings result in faceting of the surface due to the displacement map; correcting it can be achieved by turning of the displacement.

This product really needs an ERC for the Y axis rotation and the "P Pod" really needs to be isolated from the Tentacle ERC's with its own ERC controls for rotation on the X, Y, Z axis; just a suggestion.

Why does the Tentacle Monster use the UV map area so inefficiently? An 8192x8192 map for just the eye with the eye colors UV island using only a tenth of the map with nothing else is one glaring example of this.It appears that this is a result of your reusing of the 2048x2048 displacement map for all the creature surfaces. This is problematic since Iray does displacement so poorly unless the geometry is increased to support it. I can understand this for the skin and the shell since they have different color maps but the eye loading 3-8192x8192 images just so the displacement map can be reused? The shell and skin normal and roughness maps should have been composited into 2 maps which would delete 2-8192x8192 maps; this is the first thing I'm going to do as well as to delete the surface reference to a black metalicity map which is unnecessary.

I like the product and these are just some observations I've made in using it and having been an amateur modeler since 3ds Max 2009 and Poser 7 I'd like to compliment you on your products which I've found to be on the higher end in regards to quality. 

oldman attached the following image(s):
dbxx_tent2D.jpg
food_dirtyNworn001a.jpg
dbxxx  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2022 7:06:05 AM(UTC)
dbxxx

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 39 post(s)

I'll update the "Realistic tentacle 2" for displacement issue. Until then don't disable the displacement just "reset" maximum and minimum displacement to their default values and there won't be any "faceting" but you will lose some of the details on the tip.

Also I can add an ERC slider for Y rotation if that's something useful to you.

The monster eye and skin was a part of the body map in my game and I just added more eye and skin colors for Daz studio version. Displacement map has nothing to do with it. It's only so all the maps can be packed together for video game use.

Anyway thank you for compliments.

Edited by user Thursday, July 14, 2022 7:10:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified