Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GernEdits  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 2:41:16 PM(UTC)
GernEdits

I'm a beginner with Daz Studio, and I have a general question on the Black Whip BDSM Club by Godless8.  I'm using the scene but trying to set up my own lighting for it, with colored/club-style lighting in the main floor area, darker alcoves, etc. in Daz Studio. However, no amount of render settings/adjustments/addition of spotlights and other sources seems to change the rendered image. I have render settings at "scene only" under Environment, have made invisible and even deleted the spots on main floor center/right/left, have camera headlamps shut off, etc. In the viewport window, I see all the dramatic lighting I've created, but when I render, it renders the vanilla lighting that seems to come packaged with the add-on. What am I missing? Are there light sources in shaders, etc. that I've overlooked?

Twisted_Pencil  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 6:54:21 PM(UTC)
Twisted_Pencil

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Hi GernEdits,

I don't have that model as yet though it does look like a great environment but I do know lighting can be a bit of a pain to get your head around when new to DS. Just a thought but do you have the Headlamp enabled on your camera?
The default setting is Auto which should = off if there are 'lights' in the scene but it depends what lighting rig you are using, emissive lights have no effect on the headlamp auto mode.
A touch of headlamp can be handy for fill-in or to get that video camera / flash photo look but will typically wash out an indoor scene unless you turn the intensity down.

DM.
I'm just here by mistake, for a friend, for science... anyway you can't prove nuffin'.
Twisted_Pencil  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 7:04:45 PM(UTC)
Twisted_Pencil

...Another thought - Do you have the roof or some walls removed? You could be getting light from the dome. In a fully enclosed environment without windows it should make no difference but go to the Render Settings tab > Environment and set Environment Mode to Scene Only.
I'm just here by mistake, for a friend, for science... anyway you can't prove nuffin'.
GernEdits  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 7:09:14 PM(UTC)
GernEdits

Sorry Digital, but I did mention I already set both things off in OP. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

Twisted_Pencil  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 9:27:39 PM(UTC)
Twisted_Pencil

So you did... I need new batteries in my glasses.

One last thought though before I shut up and let the experts deal with it... any Emission surfaces ceiling or dance floor maybe?... Or Ambient if not Iray.

DM.