Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TheWickedJuggy  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 3:04:37 PM(UTC)
TheWickedJuggy

I purchased clothing and genitalia for genesis 8 female a few times and the recent ones seem to not work using the usual method of taking the zip file and placing it in the content directory.

My usual steps are, 1. Download the file/s from the downloads page. 2. Go to downloads and click the file to turn it into the zip file/s. 3. Then take each file and assign them to the catagories i have for each type of item i buy, ex: (Clothing File for Clothing, *deleted* and Renderotica stuff in another.) 4. Then i use the content directory to move the zip files into daz3d. I wait for them to take effect and then test to see if the download has shown up in the content library, after i put it in the spot I want them in Ex: (To The Top, Below one.) . 5. If it shows up I open it and try the product.

My recent downloads I bought have shown up but, when i tried to apply them to the genesis 8 figure they sowed up as the base blocks and not the finished products. They say I am missing files, yet those same files im missing are in the zip/s I have put in the content directory and downloaded.

It been mostly products from Rendrerotica that I have had trouble with. If someone could give me some help on this matter then I would be grateful. Im using a MAC and not sure what changed to make these things not work like they used to before.

Another Question I have regarding this same topic:

I also don't know how to get the Installer to find the DAZ3D files most creators use now and don't know how to enable my Installer to let me install them. Any help will be great. Thank you!

Edited by user Thursday, February 27, 2020 3:09:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 6:28:50 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 307 time(s) in 242 post(s)

Sounds like path error issues.

Could the unzipping process used be inadvertently changing the file paths, compared to what the .duf file is looking for?

I would suggest copying down and following the paths it says where the item should be and mark any discrepancies, are the spaces in folder names or file names where there should not be? Are there any spelling differences, though usually spelling errors in file paths should be caught in testing, they do sometimes make it past the testers. In my testing work I have seen the OS built in .zip extraction process add or remove spaces in file names and cause items not to work right (Granted this was using Windows, and the files extracted fine on both Ubuntu and using 7zip, but in at least one case Windows was adding a space to the file following the extension which caused Daz Studio to misread the file path)

TheWickedJuggy  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2020 11:33:09 PM(UTC)
TheWickedJuggy

I’ll try doing it the step by step method your suggesting (if that’s what you are suggesting) to put the files in the right categories they are needing to go in. But, I’ll check the files and see if the ones that are missing just need to be adjusted to work correctly due to operating system change. Like testing something on windows will work but, it may not work the same on Mac. Still baffles me how the other things I bought worked fine when using the method I described in the post. Then new stuff come out to not work. Seems like a update somewhere or a new system may have meddled with the file set up. I’m not sure, still a newbie at computers and even more so at making 3d stuff.

I appreciate any help regarding this issue, hope I’m not the only one experiencing this kind of thing.