Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cyanide  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 5:49:24 PM(UTC)
Cyanide

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 13 post(s)

I am waiting for a render to finish up, so I was browsing the forums from way back. My first post was 9 years ago, I used the screen name Afliktion back then. I asked it to be changed on here when I started my web site a couple years later, hence my now and forever screen name.

I haven't looked at my old work in years. I have it on disks, but never look at any of it. I said in another thread, when I first started creating, I was a very dark place in my life. 80% of my art was horror related. All my old D|S work I took down when I started using Poser, it just wasn't as good IMHO.

Damn! There are just certain times when I get reminded of how long I have been doing this. I know many many more have been doing this for a lot longer though.

Member here for 9 years, I think longer, but- took me a year or two post and post my work. Started with D|S around '04. Now, full circle back to D|S.

Absinthe  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 2:24:42 AM(UTC)
Absinthe

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 103 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Cyanide Go to Quoted Post

I am waiting for a render to finish up, so I was browsing the forums from way back. My first post was 9 years ago, I used the screen name Afliktion back then. I asked it to be changed on here when I started my web site a couple years later, hence my now and forever screen name.

I haven't looked at my old work in years. I have it on disks, but never look at any of it. I said in another thread, when I first started creating, I was a very dark place in my life. 80% of my art was horror related. All my old D|S work I took down when I started using Poser, it just wasn't as good IMHO.

Damn! There are just certain times when I get reminded of how long I have been doing this. I know many many more have been doing this for a lot longer though.

Member here for 9 years, I think longer, but- took me a year or two post and post my work. Started with D|S around '04. Now, full circle back to D|S.

I know the feeling. I was cleaning out old CD's and found my Poser 1 disc. ACK! I've been doing this since 1996? Really? Oh Damn.

shadoman  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 12:14:11 PM(UTC)
shadoman

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 229 post(s)

Same thing with me..  I look back at all my original work from 2004 and thing wow I created that stuff..  I will admit that nowI think some of it was pure crap compared to what i do not/

I was loading Poser pro 2014 onto a new PC and I remembered I might need the Serisl number from a previous version of poser.

I found Pro 2010 Poser 9, 8, 7 and 6,  Earlier version may be still around but most likely in a box  I started with Poser 3 and Poser 4 was released 6 months later and I bought that and then poser pro

So much time has passed, with many a good folk now either gone or passed awy  two of which in the last six months with Andrew and Doc. 

Well back to the render board for me  so behind on my commitments

Regards  Shadoman

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
Cyanide  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 8:46:59 PM(UTC)
Cyanide

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 13 post(s)

I sometimes find it funny about the time lapse we sometimes loose track of. Not just with art, but in life as well.

A few years ago I decided to hit an old area I used to hunt, fish, hike, and even do back woods camping at - hadn't been there since 1998. 16 years later, many of the trails are still kept up for the x-country skiers, but the woods them selves are pretty rough and over grown with under-growth.

Just seems time passes so fast, one day you graduating High School, the next you are woorying about SSI. LOL

This actually brought back enough nostalgia, that I did one of my favorite things to do, make a render of a horror movie poster of a movie I liked, but in my own style and vision.

I think I might even do a remake of my Nekromatic movie poster. If I do, I will re-up the old one for a comparison.

emilhoff  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 8:38:25 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

I'm organizing my directories, and was just going through my gallery to make sure that I have copies of everything.  HOLY SHIT have I made a lot of renders! Four hundred in my gallery, and at least another 250 that I never posted.  I'm terrified to think of all the time out of my life I've spent on this.

Some are better than others, of course, the oldest ones being the ones most in need of improvement.  There are a few that aren't that good.  But they're all my babies, and I can't let go of a single one of them.

shadoman  
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 1:25:45 AM(UTC)
shadoman

I just took a look at my library stats and damn!..  I have 526 pages of images based on 20 images per page.. do the frigging math and that's a lot of single panel renders and comic series art.. 

I have posted less images over the last 4 years as I concentrate on comics i do for Rotica and another website

I try and post a comic or two around the Holiday season from Thanksgiving to Christmas to make up for the lack of postings to Premier.. but I do think Bodo and Dietre are slowing catching up as they post a dozen or so images per week but there are few Original Premier Artist still around now..

Time flys even faster when one gets old,  I just passed the 69 year marker last September I hardly travel anymore and believe iot or not  My SUV just went in for its 32K mile checkup and next month it will be 8 years old. and I'm still on my first set of tires, shocks and brakes.  But I will need new pad by this summer

I've been here through three web host, three website moves and countless site updates. In 2004 I was one of 100 Premier Artist and now I think there are less than a dozen still around.  Bodo, Dietre, chopski, Kristin F, Captain Trips, myself and a few others when they stop by..

But by far this is still the best site for erotic art that allows a free gallery for artist to express themselves

Take care now  

Regards  Shadoman 

The Shado Knows
mjw  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 8:38:55 AM(UTC)
mjw

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 124 post(s)
Shado said: "But I will need new pad by this summer"
Hope its not incontinence! Sorry. Couldn't resist it.
Age is a bummer. I get tired so easily, and seem to spend hours trying to do things. I have approaching 1000 images (obviously not all are for this site), but many are the early tests and tries so the actual different scenes etc are nowhere near that number. I realised early on that I needed to save stages or I would end up without one I wanted. Then postwork can add many variations.
shadoman  
#8 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 9:38:45 AM(UTC)
shadoman

Well I meant to say Brake pads .   I was kind of upset when I got home from my last service on my SUV..  they said next visit I would need new Air Filter, rear wiper blades ,,  then I get home and look at the safety check and they say I have 3mm of pad life on my rear brakes..  Duh...  they seem to not mention that in the oral review... However since I am not taking a vacation,  I figure with my minimum driving I'll make it to my summer checkup..

As to age..  yeas I know the feeling..  I tire quite easily which is why I run my errands in the early hours of the m and orning.   tend to get back to the house no later than 10 AM so I can recouperate the rest of the day...  Getting old is no fun.. and with arthritus in my lower back and left knee and a little nerve ailments to my left side,  i have to rely on some pain killers.. 

At least i can render and create some art, untill my vision starts becoming a problem,  but OK for now thanks to eye glass script and glass's provided by the VA.

Well back to the render board..  so far behind my comic book art

Regards  Shadoman

The Shado Knows