Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
houbba13  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2024 7:36:49 PM(UTC)
houbba13

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I keep getting the error message: Some assets were not found. Check that all DAZ root paths have been set up correctly.
  /data/meipex/goldenpalace/goldenpalace_genitalia_v2/morphs/meipex/base2/cameltoe.dsf

When I check the install location of Golden Palace G8, I see a "base" folder. But not a "base2" folder.

I am a noob when it comes to importing using DiIffeomorphic. I checked the general settings and could not find anything that points to what could cause the problem. There's a path set for the Renderotica assets, which are on a different drive than the main library.

I must be missing something.

Thanks!

houbba13  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2024 6:34:55 AM(UTC)
houbba13

I still have the issue.

Unfortunately I cannot insert an image. (Edit: I was able to attach t he images)

The dialog that pops up is reading:

Some assets were not found. Check that all DAZ root paths have been set correctly.
/data/meipex/goldenpalace/goldenpalace_genitalia_v2/morphs/meipex/base2/cameltoe.dsf

The problem ist that the folder "base2" does not exist...

Is there a place I can change that path?

Thanks!

Edited by user Tuesday, March 26, 2024 6:38:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

houbba13 attached the following image(s):
BlenderDialog.PNG
FolderMissing.PNG
ZenMaster3D  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2024 9:27:53 AM(UTC)
ZenMaster3D

Was thanked: 129 time(s) in 94 post(s)

Ey there, so sorry to see you're having problems. Meh, I wish I'd seen this sooner, also considering that I got the Golden Palace as well; lessee if I can help....

First things first... we're talking about the Golden Palace for Genesis 8 female, right? So this one? Bear in mind that Meipe released a v2 for that, iirc it was a free update.

Second... I grabbed this back in '21 so figured I'd reset my download: what file did you use to install? You have a ZIP file for manual installation, but Meipe also provides a Daz package (*.dsx file). This question isn't so much for me, but more so for Meipe: if we do manage to discover a glitch then this may help them sort things out.

I'm going to grab the ZIP file again => "IM80057311-01_GoldenPalaceforGenesis8and81Female.zip".

Now... you've been waiting for 14 days already, and I really feel bad for you. So I'm gonna try to take you all the way through the install procedure.

First: you'll notice a "Content" folder in the archive. This is NOT the folder you should be copying to your Daz library, instead you need the folders inside that. You probably already know this but... I'm not taking chances. So, we're talking: "data, Documentation (optional), People and Runtime". Those 3 (or 4) folders need to be copied to your library.

Then... follow these steps:

• Fire up Daz Studio.
  • Add a Genesis 8 basic female model to your set. In the smart contents pane you'll find this here: "People => Female => Real World => Genesis 8 Basic Female".  But in the Content Library pane you'll want: "Daz 3D library => People => Genesis 8 Female".
  • Once you have the basic female in your library open your content library pane, and hop over to the library where you installed this product (you can use more libraries in Daz Studio).
  • Now...go to: People => Genesis 8 Female => Anatomy => Golden Palace v2.
  • Next: while having the G8F figure in your scene selected (<= important!) => double-click on "1-GoldenPalace_genetalia_v2" to load it.

This is what you should be seeing now:

I marked some of the important parts. What you're looking at is my dedicated Renderotica test location; I removed this product from my regular library, re-installed it in my test environment as if I were to perform a test and well... as you can see: I cannot reproduce errors.

We're not there yet of course because as you can see... she looks horrible right now!

• Double click on "2-GoldenPalace_Shell_v2". Nothing really seems ot happen, but... if you expand your female character in your scene pane you'll notice an extra node (the shell).
  • NOW double click on "MAT Copy". Or: 3-GoldenPalace_MaterialCopy_v2".

All while making sure you got your female selected but... these scripts are 'intelligent', so they can auto-select the main node if you got something else selected by accident. Lessee... iirc I can upload 5 pics per day... should be fine for me:

See what I mean?

If these steps don't work for you then my suggestion is that you re-install the product. You can use this link to check your available downloads, and if it has been a while: just reset the download, it won't hurt you if you do this again (I just did after 3 years, lol):

https://www.renderotica.com/account/catalog/downloads

ALSO: if you do take this step then start by removing all traces of the product which are currently installed. It'll be a bit of a drag, but just use the archive to find what you should remove. This is also an important step: don't rely on overwriting and such, because for all we know this could be caused by a little mixup somewhere. 

Hope this can help, please let us know how you fared!

I'll be "watching" this thread just to make sure.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 26, 2024 9:32:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Stupid me forgot to add the link! duh!

thanks 1 user thanked ZenMaster3D for this useful post.
houbba13 on 3/26/2024(UTC)
houbba13  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2024 9:36:10 AM(UTC)
houbba13

Hey @ZenMaster3D, Thank you very much for chiming in.

I am very sorry to have put you through your elaborate answer, but I just realized that I was completely unclear in my post and deserved the wait time :)

I am talking about importing to Blender using Diffeomorphic. That's when I get the error message.

I am unsure which component is looking for the folder "Base2". If it is wrongly inserted into the .dbz file, when exporting to Blender in DAZ, or if it is one of the in-between files, that is looking for the non existent folder.

Again, sorry for the confusion!

Thanks!

Edited by user Tuesday, March 26, 2024 9:38:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: spell checkering

thanks 1 user thanked houbba13 for this useful post.
ZenMaster3D on 3/26/2024(UTC)
ZenMaster3D  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2024 9:40:14 AM(UTC)
ZenMaster3D

Was thanked: 129 time(s) in 94 post(s)

Originally Posted by: houbba13 Go to Quoted Post

Again, sorry for the confusion!

No problem at all!  Yah, I can't help you with this one because I don't use Blender myself.

As for my reply... meh, maybe it doesn't help you but there are also random lurkers about!  All good!

Hope Meipe can help you sort this out!

thanks 1 user thanked ZenMaster3D for this useful post.
houbba13 on 3/26/2024(UTC)
houbba13  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2024 10:04:17 AM(UTC)
houbba13

Your post already helped me! Basically confirming that I was doing everything right on the DAZ side. And I am sure that it will also help others!

I now remember seeing some updated files from Meipe posted on here somewhere I am running the install I purchased.  Maybe I should install those. I thought that those were concerning G8.1 only tho'.

houbba13  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2024 10:59:44 AM(UTC)
houbba13

BUMP. Anyone? (I hate to do this, but...)