Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dipsm75  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2024 9:28:09 AM(UTC)
dipsm75

Hi

could someone tell me what I am doing wrong or advise how to correct this please

dipsm75 attached the following image(s):
Screenshot 2024-01-19 132627.png
TheBitterGent  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2024 3:21:57 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)
G8F, G8.1F, G9?
DS 4.22?

Looks like a Shell Fix Issue (note: you need to run shell fix on all shells in the scene, last to first till the error is corrected)
May be a double stacked shell, or a DS bug when loading the shell.
Possible if your using a custom character that it has a custom UV set thats not immediately compatible without changing the grafts base UV set.

Load Orders:
G8 or G8.1 Figure, Load Graft, Mat Copy, Load Shell, *Select Shell(s), *Run Shell Fix(es) *(repeat if multiple shells ie. grafts, makeups, skin effects)
G9 Figure, Load Graft + Shell, Mat Copy, *Select Shell(s), *Run Shell Fix(es) if needed. *(repeat if multiple shells ie. grafts, makeups, skin effects)

Note: Even with compatible UVs, some G8 and G9 use different shaders (Iray vs PBR) which may need to be applied to be compatible with the Mat Copy script use.
I've also been experiencing issues with the Thin Wall shader on presets in Iray Previews in DS 4.22

Hope this helps.
dipsm75  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2024 12:05:39 PM(UTC)
dipsm75

Sorry yes G8F and DS4.22

Thankyou I will give that a go and see what happens  i have been testing messing about the starter caracter so nothing special in the character

dipsm75  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2024 12:37:54 PM(UTC)
dipsm75

I think I have a work around

If I hide the Futalicious Genitaila (2) and view on Iray it seems to solve the issue.

Sorry I am a complete new to all of this.

dipsm75 attached the following image(s):
Screenshot 2024-01-25 173618.png
TheBitterGent  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2024 2:03:04 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)

After reviewing the Scene. I see the error.
You have 2 Futa grafts with with their 2 Shells. (and Coverup doesn't look to parented (attached) correctly) You only need 1 Futa set. A Shell needed a Fix apply and was partially covered by the other Shell.

You can remove the Futa Gen (2) and the Shell (2). Then reapply the Foreskin Shell to the first set (*or apply to Coverup).

*Im not exactly sure how Coverup's parenting is set up to load for G8F Futa (if you load Foreskin Graft to Figure or Futa Graft, please Double check tutorial files)
[I believe... you load Coverup with Futa selected. (Im guessing from the parenting. Coverup should be over Futa tip like a hat.).
Then Expand the Futa Graft (or use selector scripts if available) to see the Coverup Graft.
Next the Coverup Shell will apply to the Coverup Graft or to Futa Graft replacing the original Futa Shell. *(Double check tutorial files)
Lastly, if you have 2+ Shells on the figure one or both will very commonly (very very likely, almost guaranteed) show as this blank milky white color. Not to fear. In which case you should be able to select the shells (again very easily if shell select scripts provided, or manually one at a time in scene tab) and run shell fix on each one till no more milky shells.

Hope that I was able to explain it a comprehensible way without getting overwhelmingly technical. Meipe usually has solid tutorials with images included as well If not.
(I'll still be around though)

::Abstract Analogies for a beginner::
If you think of it like wood furniture. The wood is the Graft, the stain color is the Material, and the lacquer coat(s) the Shell(s).
or
Think of it like a Tshirt. The shirt is the Graft, the dye color the Material, and any logo ink(s) the Shell(s).

Edited by user Friday, January 26, 2024 2:05:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
Meipe on 1/28/2024(UTC)
BrotherHades  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 28, 2024 6:58:43 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

My guess is dipsm75 loaded G8F, Loaded Futalicious, Loaded Futalicious Shell, then Loaded Coverup Smart (Which applies Futalicious, Coverup, and all shells) so ended up with 2 Futalicious, and 2 Futalicious shells.

Most of the time the Smart Load is great if you are just using that expansion and basic graft, but if using multiple grafts/expansions it is smarter to use the Manual load options (If the expansions are all compatible that is, example Coverup works with Roasty and Full Monty BBQ, but doesn't work with  Androgyny, Luscious Lassie and Riding Academy)

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
Meipe on 1/28/2024(UTC)