Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TheWeezel  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2023 6:48:46 PM(UTC)
TheWeezel

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

So I am unsure what asset I loaded in that has caused this but Genesis 8 Female (and 8.1) seems to always have a wide open butt crack.  As such I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has a fix for it.  It is as if the crease between the cheeks is stretched in the Y access which becomes even more problematic with certain morphs.  So I am looking for any way to fix this issue so that I can do renders from behind that look better.

Attached is a quick render of Victoria 8, 8.1, and 9 next to one another so you can see the issue I am seeing.

TheWeezel attached the following image(s):
Three Body Problem.jpg
TheBitterGent  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2023 2:48:49 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Looks like a clothing smoother applied to the figure. Maybe a glute spreader. You should be able to look at "Currently Used" morphs in the Parameters Tab to help get a better idea what's applied.
Zeppelin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2023 9:56:04 AM(UTC)
Zeppelin

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Look for a morph called "spandex." This has happened to me before.
TheWeezel  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2023 10:14:35 AM(UTC)
TheWeezel

Originally Posted by: TheBitterGent Go to Quoted Post
Looks like a clothing smoother applied to the figure. Maybe a glute spreader. You should be able to look at "Currently Used" morphs in the Parameters Tab to help get a better idea what's applied.

Sadly I had already checked the Currently Used and found nothing.  I even showed the hidden ones to be sure.  Whatever is being applied doesn't seem to show up.  I am posting my Parameters so if there is something I am missing but I have also set everything to Zero and still have the gap.

Originally Posted by: Zeppelin Go to Quoted Post
Look for a morph called "spandex." This has happened to me before.

I admit that is what it looks like it is trying to do but there is no Spandex morph on.  It is like the figure (Base G8F) has something applied but it doesn't show up anywhere I am looking.

TheWeezel attached the following image(s):
Param3body.PNG
Twisted_Pencil  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2023 3:15:44 PM(UTC)
Twisted_Pencil

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Just a couple of thoughts:-

Do you have Show Hidden Properties enabled - Parameters tab 'burger menu' > Preferences

Do you still have the issue if you remove the HA Panty items from the scene.

TP.
I'm just here by mistake, for a friend, for science... anyway you can't prove nuffin'.
TheWeezel  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2023 3:23:55 PM(UTC)
TheWeezel

Originally Posted by: Twisted_Pencil Go to Quoted Post
Just a couple of thoughts:-

Do you have Show Hidden Properties enabled - Parameters tab 'burger menu' > Preferences

Do you still have the issue if you remove the HA Panty items from the scene.

TP.

The hidden properties are shown in the Parameters image I posted and the issue is there with or without the panties.  It is just much easier to see what is happening with the panties.  I have also tried re-installing the Genesis figures to make sure if that will or won't work which also did not work.

matt  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2023 10:28:25 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 315 time(s) in 212 post(s)

A couple of things that came to mind while reading this:

If a morph is designed to be something other than zero with the default load, it probably won't show up in 'currently used'. I've seen that more than once from more than one vendor both here and at the other sites.

Take a look at any morph packs you've recently installed. It may be a fault with one of those, and if that's the case, contact the vendor directly and ask them to update it to load as zero, as it should.

TheWeezel  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2023 11:41:26 PM(UTC)
TheWeezel

Originally Posted by: matt Go to Quoted Post

A couple of things that came to mind while reading this:

If a morph is designed to be something other than zero with the default load, it probably won't show up in 'currently used'. I've seen that more than once from more than one vendor both here and at the other sites.

Take a look at any morph packs you've recently installed. It may be a fault with one of those, and if that's the case, contact the vendor directly and ask them to update it to load as zero, as it should.

Well I am not sure if that was the underlying cause but after a lot of trial and error I found and removed the issue.  It was a morph or part of one for a Spiderman costume.  I basically went through all of my renders by date and figured out the range of dates the install may have happened.  Then I went through the morphs and found what folders were changed in those dates and deleted them and tested to find the issue was resolved.  Then I restored folders one by one until I found the folder that was the offender, went in there and did the same to subfolders until I had found the one and only issue.  I do not think I will be getting anything from that creator again since that seems like a red flag for me.

thanks 1 user thanked TheWeezel for this useful post.
Twisted_Pencil on 12/28/2023(UTC)
Pushee-Ri  
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2023 1:07:28 AM(UTC)
Pushee-Ri

Was thanked: 185 time(s) in 169 post(s)
Congratulations on finding the error - even if it took you a lot of effort! I had also thought of a morph - but it would never have occurred to me to associate it with clothing. Adjusting clothes with a morph (like that) is like opening a book with a crowbar: idiotic.

Have you already written to the "artist"? I know a few people who sell Spiderman costumes - and one of them pretends to be a 3D Armani (even though the clothes look more like Sears).

Anyway: congratulations again ... and it's just right to keep your hands off a CC like this in future.

haruchai  
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2023 5:32:30 AM(UTC)
haruchai

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 58 post(s)

There is a way to fix this and still keep the morph.
Extract the archive to a temporary folder. Find the offending morph and open it in a text editor.
Find the line as indicated in the picture below - "value"
If this is anything except zero change it to zero and resave the file.

Install this version to DAZ.

Basically this line tells the morph what strength to load at on initial loading of a figure. If the artist saved the morph when it was dialled in it will save as a non zero value and load automatically on the figure whenever it it loads.
If the file looks like a jumble of letters and numbers when you load it into a text editor the file will have been compressed. Open the dsf morph file in an archive program (e.g. WinRAR). Extract the bare file. Edit that and then save the edited version with the dsf extension.

The picture is just for illustration and doesn't suffer from the issue, no issues with 3DUniverse files :)

Edited by user Friday, December 29, 2023 8:59:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Add image

haruchai attached the following image(s):
Screenshot 2023-12-28 102334.jpg
Twisted_Pencil  
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2023 5:33:31 AM(UTC)
Twisted_Pencil

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 82 post(s)

Originally Posted by: TheWeezel Go to Quoted Post

Well I am not sure if that was the underlying cause but after a lot of trial and error I found and removed the issue.  It was a morph or part of one for a Spiderman costume.  I basically went through all of my renders by date and figured out the range of dates the install may have happened.  Then I went through the morphs and found what folders were changed in those dates and deleted them and tested to find the issue was resolved.  Then I restored folders one by one until I found the folder that was the offender, went in there and did the same to subfolders until I had found the one and only issue.  I do not think I will be getting anything from that creator again since that seems like a red flag for me.

Well done and thanks for the update, it's good to know the cause / solution to what was such an unusual issue.

TP.

I'm just here by mistake, for a friend, for science... anyway you can't prove nuffin'.