Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
clonerotica  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 9, 2023 7:31:35 PM(UTC)
clonerotica

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

This happened twice recently when I tried to export OBJ to other programs. The anatomy jumps outside the body. Is there an easy fix to get it back to its position without redoing all the morphs etc? I have backups so not a big deal, was just wondering how to fix it. Using the latest Daz 4.22.

matt  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 9, 2023 10:04:49 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 315 time(s) in 212 post(s)

I never export to other programs, but it would be helpful to those that do if you mentioned what program you're exporting to and what method you are using. 

I have seen something like this inside Studio itself, though. I created a character pairing and saved it as a scene subset to load into an environment that I was working on. I had collision enabled when I saved. When I loaded the subset into the new scene, the collision-enabled graft decided to relocate to its own zip code. I couldn't find a way to fix it, either. 

I also see that you're using 4.22. See another recent topic of mine about my tribulations with that unexpected shit show.

clonerotica  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 9, 2023 10:58:43 PM(UTC)
clonerotica

Originally Posted by: matt Go to Quoted Post

I never export to other programs, but it would be helpful to those that do if you mentioned what program you're exporting to and what method you are using. 

I have seen something like this inside Studio itself, though. I created a character pairing and saved it as a scene subset to load into an environment that I was working on. I had collision enabled when I saved. When I loaded the subset into the new scene, the collision-enabled graft decided to relocate to its own zip code. I couldn't find a way to fix it, either. 

I also see that you're using 4.22. See another recent topic of mine about my tribulations with that unexpected shit show.

I was exporting an .OBJ file for use in ZBrush and Substance Painter. The funny thing is I could load up a backup and export what was needed. The model is in a Group, not sure if that might cause issues. I never saw this before. I also played around with creating Geometric Shells. In the future I will pay closer attention - if it happens again.

RaynnXD  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2023 5:50:52 AM(UTC)
RaynnXD

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
so you used the smoothing modifier on the golden palace
the issue has to do with that

and the fix for that is to set the collission to the genesis hip bone
thanks 1 user thanked RaynnXD for this useful post.
Meipe on 2/23/2024(UTC)
clonerotica  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2024 4:39:17 PM(UTC)
clonerotica

Originally Posted by: RaynnXD Go to Quoted Post
so you used the smoothing modifier on the golden palace
the issue has to do with that

and the fix for that is to set the collission to the genesis hip bone

Ok, thanks for the post. I'll have to find the file and see if that fixes it. I noticed that Dicktator also goes nuts and bogs down the system when a smoothing modifier is applied. Fortunately, it can be undone by removing the modifier.