Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Brutal_Pastel  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 3, 2023 3:19:55 PM(UTC)
Brutal_Pastel

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I am working on a new NSFW comic and I have finished with the renders of part 1. So I am in the point that I am experimenting with ways to turn these png images into a single pdf and then start distributing it. 

So I would appreciate it if you tell me what software, sites, etc are you using for turning your renders into a PDF. Of course, any tips or more details, methods, and tutorials are more than welcome.

Although I like to know anything you have to suggest, I am aiming for something that works mainly offline and it doesn't lower the quality of the renders during the creation of the final pdf file.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by user Friday, November 3, 2023 3:23:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

wurger  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 3, 2023 9:31:33 PM(UTC)
wurger

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 62 post(s)

Bluebeam for me. $$$, but I can expense it for work. Cheap/free PDF software always seems to have some obvious feature that is missing.

thanks 1 user thanked wurger for this useful post.
Brutal_Pastel on 11/4/2023(UTC)
TheBitterGent  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 4, 2023 3:56:56 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)
I can't speak highly enough of Serif's Affinity Suite (Photo, Designer, Publisher).
While I haven't specifically used Publisher for comic PDFs... yet. The 3 tandem programs handle the many file types very well including PDF.
Publisher is specifically built for web design and magazine print and has all kinds of layout, gridding, and page handling options.
The 3 suite programs are usually discounted together and on sale fairly regularly. They are a one time lifetime license (unlike other subscription model priced programs), and yet still have free updates about every 3 months.
Definitely worth checking out.
thanks 2 users thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
Brutal_Pastel on 11/4/2023(UTC), Katsuyaki on 11/8/2023(UTC)
aiwoiut  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 4, 2023 6:48:06 AM(UTC)
aiwoiut

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 15 post(s)

Also can't say enough good things about the Affinity Suite. You can letter your comics fairly easily in that too.

I would always welcome a simplistic free option as well for anyone starting out.

Edited by user Saturday, November 4, 2023 7:13:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked aiwoiut for this useful post.
Brutal_Pastel on 11/4/2023(UTC), Katsuyaki on 11/8/2023(UTC)
ClassIII  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 4, 2023 8:46:20 AM(UTC)
ClassIII

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Originally Posted by: aiwoiut Go to Quoted Post

Also can't say enough good things about the Affinity Suite. You can letter your comics fairly easily in that too.

I would always welcome a simplistic free option as well for anyone starting out.

Depending on the type of machine you're using... ComicLife (free with MAC) is a good choice.  That's the final assembly software for Kawaii Kissu and it has a number of options for export including PDF.  The only thing you may not like is that it does reduce resolution to more along the lines of 'print' requirements.  But then again, the PDF for a 40-page comic is pretty large coming out of them... Can't imagine how hefty it would be if you were to do single-frame pages and have hundreds... Like a lot of comics, you see people doing online... Just saying.

thanks 1 user thanked ClassIII for this useful post.
Brutal_Pastel on 11/4/2023(UTC)
Brutal_Pastel  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 4, 2023 1:05:19 PM(UTC)
Brutal_Pastel

Originally Posted by: wurger Go to Quoted Post

Bluebeam for me. $$$, but I can expense it for work. Cheap/free PDF software always seems to have some obvious feature that is missing.

Hey there, do you mean bluebeam revu? As when I search for bluebeam pdf editor, it gives me the revu one.
Also, yeah I agree with you, especially with free options, excluding some rare gems, in most cases they don't work as well as payed ones.

Brutal_Pastel  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 4, 2023 1:13:15 PM(UTC)
Brutal_Pastel

Originally Posted by: TheBitterGent Go to Quoted Post
I can't speak highly enough of Serif's Affinity Suite (Photo, Designer, Publisher).
While I haven't specifically used Publisher for comic PDFs... yet. The 3 tandem programs handle the many file types very well including PDF.
Publisher is specifically built for web design and magazine print and has all kinds of layout, gridding, and page handling options.
The 3 suite programs are usually discounted together and on sale fairly regularly. They are a one time lifetime license (unlike other subscription model priced programs), and yet still have free updates about every 3 months.
Definitely worth checking out.

Thank you for your answer!

Affinity seems like a good option as an overall suite. I am seriously considering it as I am sure that will help me in other ways too as it's a whole suite. And having a one-time lifetime license is a big plus in my eyes. Last but not least, thank you for mentioning the regular discount periods, I'll have it in mind.

I am checking some videos right now, and if it cover what I need, probably I will start with this one.

Brutal_Pastel  
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 4, 2023 1:18:11 PM(UTC)
Brutal_Pastel

Originally Posted by: ClassIII Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: aiwoiut Go to Quoted Post

Depending on the type of machine you're using... ComicLife (free with MAC) is a good choice.  That's the final assembly software for Kawaii Kissu and it has a number of options for export including PDF.  The only thing you may not like is that it does reduce resolution to more along the lines of 'print' requirements.  But then again, the PDF for a 40-page comic is pretty large coming out of them... Can't imagine how hefty it would be if you were to do single-frame pages and have hundreds... Like a lot of comics, you see people doing online... Just saying.

Hey there and thank you for your comment,

I am not on MAC so ComicLife it is not an option I guess. But that's fine.

Also you have a good point about the size of the final pdf if it will include one render per page and be 40+ pages. Ill have to resize them obviously. But that's pity as I have 2k and 4k renders and I want to distribute them too. The quality is on a different level than a 720, 1080 image. 

I am wondering if the solution is a low-mid quality comic and then 2k and 4k on the *deleted* uploaded image by the image...

wurger  
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 5, 2023 2:15:37 AM(UTC)
wurger

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 62 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Brutal_Pastel Go to Quoted Post

Hey there, do you mean bluebeam revu? As when I search for bluebeam pdf editor, it gives me the revu one.
Also, yeah I agree with you, especially with free options, excluding some rare gems, in most cases they don't work as well as payed ones.

Yes, Bluebeam Revu. Probably overkill, but I've been using it for years at work and ended up getting a personal copy for my own use.

thanks 1 user thanked wurger for this useful post.
Brutal_Pastel on 11/5/2023(UTC)
Brutal_Pastel  
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 5, 2023 1:51:42 PM(UTC)
Brutal_Pastel

Yes, Bluebeam Revu. Probably overkill, but I've been using it for years at work and ended up getting a personal copy for my own use.

Alright! Thank you for the suggestion. It is always good to have one more option. Especially if it is that good.

Brutal_Pastel  
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 5, 2023 1:54:38 PM(UTC)
Brutal_Pastel

Btw through my recent research, I have learned about another software that is a good tool for what I was looking, and that is Sribus. It is free (as such I am expecting it lacking in some areas) and open source. But  I have heard good comments about it and it is nice to have some good free options to start with.