Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Flaunts3D  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2023 12:41:14 PM(UTC)
Flaunts3D

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)

Hello, is anyone aware of a front-closure bra in production or being produced that has a morph that allows the front to be opened?  I am looking to create some public flashing renders and would LOVE such a product.

Thanks,

Katelyn

Thanks,
Katelyn
Flaunts3D
Flaunts3D  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2023 12:42:56 PM(UTC)
Flaunts3D

For G9 please :)
Thanks,
Katelyn
Flaunts3D
maru  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2023 11:17:26 AM(UTC)
maru

Was thanked: 300 time(s) in 298 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Flaunts3D Go to Quoted Post
For G9 please :)

If you find one, let me know, please!

Pushee-Ri  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2023 7:34:58 AM(UTC)
Pushee-Ri

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 168 post(s)
No Bra (sorry) - but a few notes:

I have 4 or 5 attempts of a Bra (front, back and opening on both sides) on the drive - all screwed up. There are a few problems (maybe only for me) when it comes to such a garment:

Morphs only:
This probably won't work - or if it does, it will only work in the base pose. Other poses (sitting, lying, bent, etc) would probably lead to overlapping with the model when using the morphs. The bra would therefore "cut into" the model. Not that realistic ...

dForce and Morphs:
Actually, exactly my thing - but unfortunately dForce behaves like a giant steam iron. So the cups of the bra would turn into something very baggy ... that doesn't even resemble a soft bra. This could possibly be controlled with different material groups or a dForce weight map ... but then again problems would arise as above, when it comes to other poses.

multiple Position objects (no dForce):
With different Bra objects in different open positions the "saggy cups" problem could be avoided ... but could still fail because of the way DAZ transfers the bone weigths when rigging the bra. I.e. it is not sure that the bra follows all poses of the model exactly.

As written - maybe these are just my problems and there is exactly the 3D Bra out there that you want. In any case, I keep my fingers firmly crossed for your search!

Bye - and have a great day!
Flaunts3D  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2023 8:15:36 AM(UTC)
Flaunts3D

Thanks for the response. So, from what you've said, this may not even be possible. Which is why I haven't found anything for G9 or even G8. Darn it!
Thanks,
Katelyn
Flaunts3D
Bumper2  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2023 2:25:22 PM(UTC)
Bumper2

Was thanked: 182 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Here's something similar but not quite... there's a clothing set, Hearts for Bullets for G3 female. The top is more of a short corset, but it has many material zones that you can hide and is front opening. It's one of the first assets I ever bought! It's on a site that's neither here or Daz, but a google search will find it easily. The autofit will adjust pretty well to G9, and it has MANY personal adjustments as well. Hope this helps, and drop me a line if you end up using it!
thanks 1 user thanked Bumper2 for this useful post.
Zeppelin on 8/24/2023(UTC)
Zeppelin  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2023 3:10:59 PM(UTC)
Zeppelin

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 95 post(s)
The illustrations of the morph movements shown on the product that Bumper2 has noted above indicate that a bra with a front opening could be made. It just seems like no developer has taken up the challenge yet. Here is hoping that someone will.
Bumper2  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2023 7:42:20 PM(UTC)
Bumper2

Originally Posted by: Zeppelin Go to Quoted Post
The illustrations of the morph movements shown on the product that Bumper2 has noted above indicate that a bra with a front opening could be made. It just seems like no developer has taken up the challenge yet. Here is hoping that someone will.

Hopefully, it's something I've been interested in having for a while as well. As for the HFB top, the 'X's on the bust can be hidden, as well as the sides and belts. The trim, unfortunately is constant around the entirety, but the lower trim for the bottom of the corset can be deleted in the geometry editor pretty easily. That would make it pretty much just a bra.

Pushee-Ri  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2023 11:11:48 PM(UTC)
Pushee-Ri

@Bumper2:

Talking about geo-editing / geo-grabbing - with this (almost) all Bras can be converted into a "front opener": select and delete the desired row of faces, convert the whole Bra thing into a dForce object (Dynamic Surface), make a few adjustments to the simulation behaviour and you're done. But don't expect too much! As mentioned, dForce acts like a big fat steam iron (i.e. the cups disappear).

I just tried this with the "G9 Base Bra". It wouldn't be my thing - but it works (somehow). The simulation settings are important so that the bra doesn't "explode" or the DAZ app freezes: Friction: 0.001 and - very important - Collision Offset: 0.01!

If you now start the simulation, the two sides of the bra slide down. By rotating or posing the model, the direction of the slide can be regulated.

Don't forget: after geo-grabbing, be sure to switch back to the "Translate" tool - otherwise you will have problems rendering Iray materials and shells.

Have fun trying it out!
Bumper2  
#10 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2023 12:53:22 AM(UTC)
Bumper2

@Pushee-Ri

If you have 'Mesh Grabber' and 'Mesh Grabber Rotation' you can ignore dForce entirely! By deleting the row of faces like you said you'd only have to grab it and rotate. Takes a bit of getting used to, but it's golden once you do. I use it a lot to reveal skin with outfits that don't have morphs, or eliminate stubborn peek-throughs.
thanks 1 user thanked Bumper2 for this useful post.
Pushee-Ri on 8/25/2023(UTC)
Pushee-Ri  
#11 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2023 2:21:56 AM(UTC)
Pushee-Ri

@Bumper2:

Thanks for the info - but as mentioned: such an approach is not for me, as I prefer to create distritubutable projects where the user sets a few morphs and possibly some simulation behaviour (instead of fiddling with the DAZ Geo tools) and the clothing slippage can start :)

But maybe this approach is something for other Content Creators: to create bras (or other clothing) in such a way that they have an built-in "cut line" where faces can be removed without destroying the appearance (Textures etc). After removing the faces, the user could then decide whether to work with dForce or with Mesh Grabber.
Flaunts3D  
#12 Posted : Friday, October 27, 2023 6:18:37 AM(UTC)
Flaunts3D

thanks 1 user thanked Flaunts3D for this useful post.
Bumper2 on 10/29/2023(UTC)