Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
comixfana  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2023 3:33:05 PM(UTC)
comixfana

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

www.renderotica.com/gallery/shorturl/664688/How-do-I-fix-that-indent?artistname=comixfana

Crease or indent...the girl in the middle looks like a piece of her ass was sliced off horizontally...same thing if I use a different G8F figure, is there a fix for this?

The Story Teller
comixfana  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2023 9:22:50 PM(UTC)
comixfana

Out of curiosity, I decided to try that same pose with the generic G8F figure, using the same Breastacular morphs...lo and behold the creases on the butt are gone...could the Amity figure be at fault?  I don't understand why, it is a G8F figure...

https://www.renderotica....est?artistname=comixfana
The Story Teller
davo  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2023 10:47:50 AM(UTC)
davo

Was thanked: 279 time(s) in 165 post(s)
I'm curious if it is a texture issue? Some vendors might try to paint in an actual shadow or darken the skin at the gluteal fold. What you see might be the texture stretched. Just a thought.
comixfana  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2023 12:44:36 PM(UTC)
comixfana

Originally Posted by: davo Go to Quoted Post
I'm curious if it is a texture issue? Some vendors might try to paint in an actual shadow or darken the skin at the gluteal fold. What you see might be the texture stretched. Just a thought.

I wonder?  I applied Amity's mats to the generic G8F figure,: no creases. I then copied Amity's shape and pasted it to the generic G8F figure: creases are back.... 

The Story Teller
BrotherHades  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2023 5:39:08 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

My guess is you've got some JCMs messing with/being activated by the pose. As JCMs would activate when certain parameters are met ie thigh bend past X.

I had a set I tested that things weren't working right and it was really messing up the poses. Looked under Currently used and a bunch of JCMs from Toon Generations 4 were being activated even though I wasn't using any of the Toon Generations morphs, so I uninstalled the Toon Generations 4 products and it cleared up, and things started working right.

So my guess would be the Amity character includes some JCMs being activated by how that particular pose is set up. It looks like maybe a group of JCMs set up to flatten the butt if sitting down in a chair, but that is just my guess.

comixfana  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2023 4:40:14 PM(UTC)
comixfana

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

My guess is you've got some JCMs messing with/being activated by the pose. As JCMs would activate when certain parameters are met ie thigh bend past X.

I had a set I tested that things weren't working right and it was really messing up the poses. Looked under Currently used and a bunch of JCMs from Toon Generations 4 were being activated even though I wasn't using any of the Toon Generations morphs, so I uninstalled the Toon Generations 4 products and it cleared up, and things started working right.

So my guess would be the Amity character includes some JCMs being activated by how that particular pose is set up. It looks like maybe a group of JCMs set up to flatten the butt if sitting down in a chair, but that is just my guess.

Sounds logical, any idea how to disable those JCM's? I confess my noobness...

The Story Teller
BrotherHades  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2023 6:19:44 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Originally Posted by: comixfana Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

Sounds logical, any idea how to disable those JCM's? I confess my noobness...

Select Amity. Then you should be able to go under Parameters Tab, and look at Currently Used and disable (set to 0) anything that shouldn't be active. You may have to set it to show Hidden Properties first. (To set it to show hidden properties, At the Top of the Parameters Tab there is a little Icon with an arrow and four lines, click on it, in the popup select Preferences, then go to Select Hidden Properties and click it, a check mark should now show beside Show Hidden Properties)

The bad part is you'll have to disable the JCMs anytime that character is used (And sometimes even if the character isn't used the JCMs will still activate because all the Morphs in your library are loaded in when Figure is loaded into the scene)