Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RXYNA  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 16, 2023 11:08:08 AM(UTC)
RXYNA

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Hello all,

Trying to use USM on a character and the shell makes the golden palace shell turn white, I tried following the graft helper but I'm going to be honest it made no sense to me and left me very confused. I'm hoping someone here can help me fix this problem, it'd be greatly appreciated thank you. :)

See screenshot of the before and after applying the USM shell.

Before - https://gyazo.com/a4494a9f7f5566a65ffc2fd355ce918e

After - https://gyazo.com/7f0678db064430c786213a789f7bd88e

TheBitterGent  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2023 12:16:59 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Its the old, but ever so common, "when adding additional shells to the figure, you must then run the Shell Fixer on previous shells till all shells are corrected." This should be covered in your product's user manual.

To Fix:
Select the shells added to the figure in the scene tab (one at a time, from last added to first added for quickest results)
and then run Golden Palace's included Shell Fixer script on each shell.

Note: Running the shell fixer on shells added after a previous shell will commonly fix prior shells. So if USM shell looks fine but if you run the shell fixer on it, it will probably correct GP's shell.
Its a DS's shell transparencies handling thing.
thanks 3 users thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
RXYNA on 7/17/2023(UTC), Meipe on 7/19/2023(UTC), Thunder-3D on 7/19/2023(UTC)
RXYNA  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2023 3:00:47 PM(UTC)
RXYNA

Originally Posted by: TheBitterGent Go to Quoted Post
Its the old, but ever so common, "when adding additional shells to the figure, you must then run the Shell Fixer on previous shells till all shells are corrected." This should be covered in your product's user manual.

To Fix:
Select the shells added to the figure in the scene tab (one at a time, from last added to first added for quickest results)

Note: Running the shell fixer on shells added after a previous shell will commonly fix prior shells. So if USM shell looks fine but if you run the shell fixer on it, it will probably correct GP's shell.

Bro..you're amazing thank you so much, there's so much to learn and remember for each individual thing you buy and use it's so hard to know how to fix everything. The only thing now is that there's a triangle on the water drops missing. How would I go about fixing this? 

See screenshot - https://gyazo.com/ef6f7b8e50ac56b1da878328f9d64df9

TheBitterGent  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2023 3:22:54 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Originally Posted by: RXYNA Go to Quoted Post

To Fix:

Bro..you're amazing thank you so much, there's so much to learn and remember for each individual thing you buy and use it's so hard to know how to fix everything. The only thing now is that there's a triangle on the water drops missing. How would I go about fixing this? 

That's a bit more complicated and I have much less experience with it personally. 

However, I would try a manual copy (right click in surfaces tab) of the USM shell's torso surface, and pasting it to the GP shell's torso surface. You may need to add some texture maps as a layer using DS's Layer Image Editor (L.I.E. for short) depending the GP shell map or settings.

I doubt changing the load order will do it, but you may want to try just adding the USM before the graft as well and see if that works. Im pretty sure adding the graft is going to cut the USM shell out and the Mat Copy script will ignore the shell and only pull from the figures base values.

This question definitely has been asked before in forums...if I can find the post I'll do an addendum. 

Some Threads of Note:

https://www.renderotica.com/community/forums.aspx?g=posts&t=260089
https://www.renderotica....spx?g=posts&t=248465

Seems like an update was completed or at least planned. If not completed, the manual copy paste surfaces route seems the way to go.

Note: if using the G8.1 it may be the USM shells "Body" surface you'll copy to GP shells "Torso".

Edited by user Tuesday, July 18, 2023 4:04:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
RXYNA on 7/18/2023(UTC), Meipe on 7/19/2023(UTC), Thunder-3D on 7/19/2023(UTC)
RXYNA  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2023 10:24:48 AM(UTC)
RXYNA

Originally Posted by: RXYNA Go to Quoted Post

To Fix:

That's a bit more complicated and I have much less experience with it personally. 

However, I would try a manual copy (right click in surfaces tab) of the USM shell's torso surface, and pasting it to the GP shell's torso surface. You may need to add some texture maps as a layer using DS's Layer Image Editor (L.I.E. for short) depending the GP shell map or settings.

I doubt changing the load order will do it, but you may want to try just adding the USM before the graft as well and see if that works. Im pretty sure adding the graft is going to cut the USM shell out and the Mat Copy script will ignore the shell and only pull from the figures base values.

This question definitely has been asked before in forums...if I can find the post I'll do an addendum. 

Some Threads of Note:

https://www.renderotica.com/community/forums.aspx?g=posts&t=260089

Seems like an update was completed or at least planned. If not completed, the manual copy paste surfaces route seems the way to go.

Note: if using the G8.1 it may be the USM shells "Body" surface you'll copy to GP shells "Torso".

I really appreciate the help you've given me thank you very much I'll check out what you've said and see if it works, if not I'm not to fussed about just using Photoshop to add in the water droplets in post as I need to remove the droplets from the eyes and other parts anyway. 

Thanks again for the help!

thanks 1 user thanked RXYNA for this useful post.
Thunder-3D on 7/19/2023(UTC)
Thunder-3D  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2023 9:30:41 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 158 post(s)

A fix/update to USM 2 core and the water kits will be coming in the next few weeks, plus a pretty big update to droplet appearance based on what I learned working on the sweat kit. :)

This update will add GP and Dicktator aupport to the G9 shell as well as the texture presets :D

Can't spill the beans on the update yet but it's going to be very cool and I'm really excited to finally get it out to you guys, appologies for the delays!

thanks 5 users thanked Thunder-3D for this useful post.
Akirael on 7/20/2023(UTC), TheBitterGent on 7/20/2023(UTC), RXYNA on 7/20/2023(UTC), haruchai on 7/20/2023(UTC), BrotherHades on 7/23/2023(UTC)
RXYNA  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2023 4:22:50 AM(UTC)
RXYNA

Originally Posted by: Thunder-3D Go to Quoted Post

A fix/update to USM 2 core and the water kits will be coming in the next few weeks, plus a pretty big update to droplet appearance based on what I learned working on the sweat kit. :)

This update will add GP and Dicktator aupport to the G9 shell as well as the texture presets :D

Can't spill the beans on the update yet but it's going to be very cool and I'm really excited to finally get it out to you guys, appologies for the delays!

Looking forward to it thank you! This product you made even with those miniscule problems in still amazing and produces quality work in renders. 

thanks 1 user thanked RXYNA for this useful post.
Thunder-3D on 7/20/2023(UTC)
TheBitterGent  
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2023 2:49:09 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

After some experimentation (testing on G8F), found a much easier fix.
*Note: That area of the default figure is deceptively shaded by the hip joints and upper thighs so test lighting angles (figure or dome rotation) to get better illustration on USM reflection.

After everything was loaded (GP before USM) and shell fixes ran.

Shells Offsets:
I selected the GP shell and used USM stacking presets to set its displacement at the 1st option minimum recommended setting.
I then selected the USM shell and used the USM stacking displacement present Option 2 (so USM was layered on top GP)

USM Shell Surface Settings pt1: Cutout
Next select USM shell in the scene, go to the surfaces tab, and look for the Golden_Palace_2245 _Torso surface. (This should be present if USM was loaded after GP)
Under that Surfaces Geometry, increase the Cutout Opacity (to 80% give or take depending on skin tone and desired effect strength).
This might be all you need, if not read on.

USM Shell Surface Settings pt2: Bumps
Under that same surface's (USM Shell Golden_Palace_2245_Torso) Base Bump (the dial with the map), you'll need to first click the dial settings gear cog go to Parameters Settings, and turn off the Use Limits check box.
Then Dial the Base Bump beyond the limit of 2 up (3 or 4 was good for me, not so high you get distortions).
*Again Note: That area of the default figure is deceptively shaded by the hip joints and upper thighs so test lighting angles (figure or dome rotation) to get better illustration on USM reflection. You may want to consider using a ghost point light on the Genitals as well here depending on the scene.
Additionally, you can also increase that surfaces Top Coat Bump but going beyond the limit of 2 there (I found 3-5 depending on skin tone) can start showing shell shadowing (dark waterlines) on the figure.

Reflections were not changed to keep uniformity across the entirety of USM shell.

Hope it helps, still looking forward to any update as a fan of automagic stuff.