Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zuralistic  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2023 10:40:01 PM(UTC)
Zuralistic

I have a photo series I created awhile ago that used an older version of Dicktator (I think v1, the original). I recently upgraded to a new laptop and re-installed everything.  However, it seems V3 of Dicktator moved/removed/renamed a bunch of files, and it breaks these old scenes when I try to open then.  I don't have access to my old laptop now, so can't copy the files from there.

When I try to load any of the scenes, it tells me it can't find this list of files:

/data/Meipex/Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M/Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M/Dicktator_Genitalia_2205.dsf
/data/Meipex/Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M/Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M/Morphs/Clare3Dx/Bonus/Cock Length.dsf
/data/Meipex/Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M/Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M/Morphs/Clare3Dx/Bonus/Cock Thickness.dsf
/data/Meipex/Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M/Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M/Morphs/Meipex/Base/Shaft Side-Side.dsf
/data/Meipex/Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M/Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M/Morphs/Meipex/Base/Shaft Up-Down.dsf
/Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_Dicktator/M4/Dicktator_M4_BM.jpg
/Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_Dicktator/M4/Dicktator_M4_DifM01.jpg
/Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_Dicktator/M4/Dicktator_M4_DM01.jpg
/Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_Dicktator/M4/Dicktator_M4_NM01.jpg
/Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_Dicktator/M4/Dicktator_M4_SM.jpg
/Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_Dicktator/M4/Dicktator_M4_SSS.jpg
/Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_Dicktator/M4/Dicktator_M4_TM.jpg
/Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_Dicktator/M4/DicktatorGlans_M4_DM01.jpg
/Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_Dicktator/M4/DicktatorGlans_M4_NM01.jpg
/Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_Dicktator/M4/DicktatorTest_M4_DM01.jpg

I do have the Texture Wizard product, which is where the M4 stuff appears to have been moved.  But even after I do my best to recreate the file structure and rename/move files that I think are the equivalents, the textures on Dicktator are all messed up in scene when it loads.  Is there any way to download old versions of the products?  I'm not seeing any on the product download page.  I'd really rather not go through and manually recreate/pose everything in all these files using the new V3 if possible.....

TheBitterGent  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2023 1:24:57 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)

Double check you have properly installed the necessary data and runtime folders to the library.

Note: D3 likely isnt an update to D1 but a new product upgrade, so you would need the D1 files for old scenes. It looks like you might need expansion pack morphs from Clare3Dx as well. You should be able to redownload required files from the store if you dont have copies on hand.

Originally Posted by: Zuralistic Go to Quoted Post

I have a photo series I created awhile ago that used an older version of Dicktator (I think v1, the original). I recently upgraded to a new laptop and re-installed everything.  However, it seems V3 of Dicktator moved/removed/renamed a bunch of files, and it breaks these old scenes when I try to open then.  I don't have access to my old laptop now, so can't copy the files from there.

When I try to load any of the scenes, it tells me it can't find this list of files:

/data/Meipex/Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M/Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M/Dicktator_Genitalia_2205.dsf
/data/Meipex/Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M/Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M/Morphs/Clare3Dx/Bonus/Cock Length.dsf
/data/Meipex/Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M/Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M/Morphs/Clare3Dx/Bonus/Cock Thickness.dsf
/data/Meipex/Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M/Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M/Morphs/Meipex/Base/Shaft Side-Side.dsf
/data/Meipex/Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M/Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M/Morphs/Meipex/Base/Shaft Up-Down.dsf
/Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_Dicktator/M4/Dicktator_M4_BM.jpg
/Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_Dicktator/M4/Dicktator_M4_DifM01.jpg
/Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_Dicktator/M4/Dicktator_M4_DM01.jpg
/Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_Dicktator/M4/Dicktator_M4_NM01.jpg
/Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_Dicktator/M4/Dicktator_M4_SM.jpg
/Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_Dicktator/M4/Dicktator_M4_SSS.jpg
/Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_Dicktator/M4/Dicktator_M4_TM.jpg
/Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_Dicktator/M4/DicktatorGlans_M4_DM01.jpg
/Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_Dicktator/M4/DicktatorGlans_M4_NM01.jpg
/Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_Dicktator/M4/DicktatorTest_M4_DM01.jpg

I do have the Texture Wizard product, which is where the M4 stuff appears to have been moved.  But even after I do my best to recreate the file structure and rename/move files that I think are the equivalents, the textures on Dicktator are all messed up in scene when it loads.  Is there any way to download old versions of the products?  I'm not seeing any on the product download page.  I'd really rather not go through and manually recreate/pose everything in all these files using the new V3 if possible.....

After extracting, just drop the data and Runtime folders into the Library and merge, they should land where they need to be.

Those M4 textures are in the 3Dlight format so you might need additional figure prep loading them, or merging into scene.

99% of the time its just a case of misplaced data and runtime folders so Id start there.

Hope it helps.

thanks 1 user thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
Zuralistic on 6/29/2023(UTC)
Zuralistic  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2023 4:12:07 AM(UTC)
Zuralistic

Thank you for the response, appreciate the help!

Unfortunately, unless I'm being dumb, I cannot see a way to download the old files.  When I bring up the original order to download, there is only one zip file for me to get, which is the v3 version, which doesn't contain any of the M4 textures (the v3 patch notes say you took it out because you added better versions to the texture wizard).  I dug through the texture manager and brought over what I think are the correct files, and renamed them to match what the scene is looking for (though I had to convert some back to .jpg from .png, since they were in .png format in v3).

For the data folder, it just seems you changed the second Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M folded to be called Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M_v3, so I made a copy of it and took out the _v3. This solves all the missing data folder files except one.  Dicktator_Genitalia_2205.dsf.  I cannot find that anywhere.  In the _v3 folder there is a file called Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M.dsf in the same place, so I made a copy of that and renamed it to Dicktator_Genitalia_2205.dsf.  I have no idea if this is correct, and perhaps that is causing my issue (please let me know if so).

Again, unless I'm being dense (always a possibility) the store only has the updated v3 files for download now, and I can't see what else I can do at this point.

BrotherHades  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2023 2:35:37 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

It would probably be easier to load the old scenes and just replace the old Dicktator with Dicktator v3 and re-save the scene. As 'Rotica has gone to just keeping the most recent versions of the .zip on their servers for downloading. So unless you have the old .zip archived somewhere, you are out of luck.

TheBitterGent  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2023 4:18:14 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Zuralistic Go to Quoted Post

Thank you for the response, appreciate the help!

Unfortunately, unless I'm being dumb, I cannot see a way to download the old files.  When I bring up the original order to download, there is only one zip file for me to get, which is the v3 version, which doesn't contain any of the M4 textures (the v3 patch notes say you took it out because you added better versions to the texture wizard).  I dug through the texture manager and brought over what I think are the correct files, and renamed them to match what the scene is looking for (though I had to convert some back to .jpg from .png, since they were in .png format in v3).

For the data folder, it just seems you changed the second Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M folded to be called Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M_v3, so I made a copy of it and took out the _v3. This solves all the missing data folder files except one.  Dicktator_Genitalia_2205.dsf.  I cannot find that anywhere.  In the _v3 folder there is a file called Dicktator_Genitalia_G8M.dsf in the same place, so I made a copy of that and renamed it to Dicktator_Genitalia_2205.dsf.  I have no idea if this is correct, and perhaps that is causing my issue (please let me know if so).

Again, unless I'm being dense (always a possibility) the store only has the updated v3 files for download now, and I can't see what else I can do at this point.

Re-Downloads should be easily visible on product page of purchased content or from order history.

Ok, so then v3 was an update and you should have the current files.

Although I may often offer unofficial assistance to his customers free of charge in the forum. Sorry, but wether its a good thing or a bad thing, Im not Meipe  

Renaming anything in data or Runtime will break content links. A better way is to load the scene if you can then add/replace equivalent material shader maps (diffusion, reflection, ...) from the surfaces tab. (Glad you had the foresight to rename copies). Depending on the scene(s) it might be faster and easier to just update the graft(s) and use Mat Copy script. Jpgs don't have alpha channel information like pngs, this can break necessary transparencies required for some texture maps. Any changes to the UV and Material handling as well as morph options will be better on the newer version.

Afterthought: A ways back there was an issue with a third party morph pack that had references to obsolete files or misnamed links that caused missing file errors to appear even though scenes loaded fine. This was a nightmare scenario though and graft updating in the older scene(s) would be still be preferable if this kind of error is the culprit. ... Found the link if you want to read more. https://www.renderotica.com/community/forums.aspx?g=posts&t=261234#post516202

If they'll load, Older Scenes you'll likely want to tweak up/remaster anyway. So I would probably just include the v3 as an additional upgrade.

My apologizes if that's not the answer you were hoping for.