Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cisco11  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2023 3:55:38 PM(UTC)
Cisco11

Hello fellow Artists.. I finally found 3 products here on Renderotica I would really like to use in DAZ 4.21.. I have downloaded them and followed all of the different instructions I could find to install then.. but to no avale.. the products are.. Golden Palace For Genesis 8 Female.. ,Dicktatorv3forG8MandGM81Dicktator..,and CreamCascadeforG8MDicktator..,  I tryed using DIM but my copy does not have settings as showen in the PDF file.. I then tryed manual install and was sure I had all the right directories.. so far I've only tryed Golden Palace to see if I could attched to DAZ..I would really like to be able to use these products in some of my art work considering they are better than what DAZ has to offer..

Can anyone help me figure out how I can attchet these products and have them to work on DAZ .. A step by step instructions would be most helpful.. Any and all help would be apreseated..

I'am not sure how to respond to anyone who can help me as this is my first time asking for help on the form.. but my e-mail address is "[email protected]" .. PLEASE HELP.. 

Twisted_Pencil  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2023 4:24:45 PM(UTC)
Twisted_Pencil

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Hi Cisco11,

You are in the right place and Meipe will probably be along shortly to answer your queries but in the mean time a bit more detail on the issue may help to home in on the solution.
For instance, are you unable to find the items in the Content Library (Content Library tab not Smart Content) there are useful hints and a user guide there.
Or are you able to find the content but it does not work, are there any errors?

PS: Manual installs don't show in Smart Content by default, for Golden Palace for G8F for example you would need to go to the Content Library tab > DAZ Studio Formats > My Library > People > Genesis 8 Female > Anatomy > Golden Palace V2.
Assuming you have the default library structure and have installed files to the right places.

TP.
I'm just here by mistake, for a friend, for science... anyway you can't prove nuffin'.
Cisco11  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2023 5:27:09 PM(UTC)
Cisco11

Hi Twisted Pencil.. Oh my.. ok.. Just checked your library link.. and found what I think I was looking for.. It wasn't there yesterday when I looked for it.. It looks like I have some reading ahead for me.. Thankyou so far.. Thums UP !
Twisted_Pencil  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2023 7:33:48 PM(UTC)
Twisted_Pencil

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 82 post(s)
No problem, glad to be of help.

It can take a while for stuff to show up in the Content Library after you have installed it, DS seems to refresh the tree when it feels like it.
There is a Refresh option if you right click on any of the folders but that does not always work straight away either.
I usually go to the Scene tab click on a few things at random then go back to the Content Library and find things have appeared.

'My Library' is the name DAZ Srudio gives to it's default local content path and it's where you would typically manually install stuff to.
You won't see the Genesis figures or anything else installed through DAZ Connect in that library, Connect has a different path, but you can find that stuff through Smart Content.

Good luck,
TP.
I'm just here by mistake, for a friend, for science... anyway you can't prove nuffin'.
thanks 1 user thanked Twisted_Pencil for this useful post.
ContentModerator on 6/27/2023(UTC)
TheBitterGent  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2023 1:49:12 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)

Crash Course: Installing 101

PC Windows

Find your Content Library easily by opening Daz Studio clicking on the "Content Library" Tab, Select "Daz Studio Formats", then right click "My Daz 3D Library", click "Browse to Folder Location" in the drop down menu.

In your "My Daz 3D Library" folder there are 3 folders to check for (data, People, Runtime).

Keep that open and in another separate File Explorer window go to your download location where you downloaded the .zip compressed folder.

Extract the folders contents from the zip folder (ie: data, People, Runtime), then add those extracted folders to your "My Daz 3D Library" by moving them via drag n drop or duplicating with copy paste (carefully to make sure you're not dropping them in a subfolder) and merge folders with the existing data, People, Runtime folders.

THAT'S IT!

Start Daz Studio / Close and Restart if already open (as to save you from a Refresh tutorial right now)

Find your content under the Content Library tab / Daz Formats / My Daz 3D Library... (/ People / Genesis 8 Female / Anatomy / )...

DONE!

Just gotta extract and put the main Folder Files in the right place. (Note: Some Artist will label the library folder as My Library and while any of those 2 Library folders will work I personally recommend Installing to "My Daz 3D Library" to keep all installed items together and your own personally saved items isolated in the "My Library".)

Takes a little bit of time to get comfortable with the File system, but necessary. (otherwise forget freebies or ANY content from anywhere but Daz)

Very Basic File Rundown:

My Daz 3D Library and My Library (where Daz Studio loads content from)

- *data (tells Daz Studio how to form an object)

- Documentation (legal jargon, licenses info, read me's, instructional, text files)

- Environments, People, Props, Scripts .... (shows the user facing files, links to data and runtime to use items)

- *Runtime (has the materials UV maps and Templates to color items, archives outdated Poser Items)

*data and Runtime folder files can not move within or outside the Library or be renamed or it will break the content links. Other user files can move and be renamed, but still at the risk of loosing meta data. (meta data drives Smart Content location, Smart content location is not always supported hence why the Content Tab is a better method to find installed products' content)

Edited by user Wednesday, June 28, 2023 1:54:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
Cisco11 on 6/28/2023(UTC)
Cisco11  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2023 9:44:35 AM(UTC)
Cisco11

Hi TheBitterGent.. So far so good.. Thankyou.. Always nice to get help from a advanced artists.. :-)