Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PhantasyMaster99  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2023 1:22:18 PM(UTC)
PhantasyMaster99

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hi! I have been trying to get USM to make my character's Labia Minora and Vagina shine. I tried all three USM that I have, with mixed results. 

The USM base has a GP Wet Shine boost, it doesn't work right on the Labia Major shell of Pussy Wizard.

THe USM 1.2 works for everything but the Labia Minora - it looks like it isn't overlapping the shell bc of displacement or something.

The USM 2 sorta works, but only does liquid drops and not sweat. 

The character I am using is dark-skinned - I am attaching a pic of my issue.

I tried using a decal, but for some reason it won't on the one area I want it to show up on - the Labia Minora - and every other area around it. I've put the decal on the various shells (the USM sweat shell, the base GP shell, and the GP Majora shell) with the exact same result.

I have a feeling I am missing something important, but for the life of me can't figure out what!

Does anyone have an easy way to give a liquid effect on the Labia Majora and Vagina surfaces other than the default Glossiness setting of the Pussy Wizard ? It looks pretty good, but I want to intensify it and I am not sure how to go about this!

PhantasyMaster99 attached the following image(s):
Screenshot 2023-06-13 132059.png
Thunder-3D  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2023 10:25:47 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 158 post(s)

Originally Posted by: PhantasyMaster99 Go to Quoted Post

Hi! I have been trying to get USM to make my character's Labia Minora and Vagina shine. I tried all three USM that I have, with mixed results. 

The USM base has a GP Wet Shine boost, it doesn't work right on the Labia Major shell of Pussy Wizard.

THe USM 1.2 works for everything but the Labia Minora - it looks like it isn't overlapping the shell bc of displacement or something.

The USM 2 sorta works, but only does liquid drops and not sweat. 

The character I am using is dark-skinned - I am attaching a pic of my issue.

I tried using a decal, but for some reason it won't on the one area I want it to show up on - the Labia Minora - and every other area around it. I've put the decal on the various shells (the USM sweat shell, the base GP shell, and the GP Majora shell) with the exact same result.

I have a feeling I am missing something important, but for the life of me can't figure out what!

Does anyone have an easy way to give a liquid effect on the Labia Majora and Vagina surfaces other than the default Glossiness setting of the Pussy Wizard ? It looks pretty good, but I want to intensify it and I am not sure how to go about this!

Depending on the version (1.2 vs 2.0) Labia Minora and Vagina may be switched off by default on the USM shell by using the "blank" opacity texture or the opacity slider is simply set to 0. This was done because Meipe has wetness options within his GP product line.

I don't know why it wouldn't show up on those surfaces when using decals, make sure you have the decal connected to the character and not the shell.

You can switch those areas of the shell on by selecting the shell and go to Parameters tab/Shell/Visibility and make sure all the areas related to GP are "On". Then in the Surfaces Tab, copy the "..._GP_Torso" area to the Labia Minora and Vagina, that should give you a matching shine and texture. From there you can customize the appearance in the Surfaces Tab as you want.

Meipe's wetness tools for GP have a better result though, just my opinion :)

I'll be working more on Sweat and Baby Oil starting tomorrow, so while I'm working I'll experiment some and see what's going on with the decals.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 13, 2023 10:31:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PhantasyMaster99  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2023 4:32:17 PM(UTC)
PhantasyMaster99

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
When I attached the decal to the character, the screen became identical to the Smooth Shading rendering, and wouldn't go back to Iray. Perhaps it was an issue with the save or something, but the only thing that showed up on the shell was surfaces with displacement (I tried using a fur shader of all things - looked totally gross LOL). I could see the decal on the character and everything BUT the labia minor. I did follow your directions in USM 1.2 ..ie, copying the leg surfaces to the USM shell at the GP part, but to no avail. The only thing I can think of is either that part got turned off for some reason and the fur was pushing through on from the vagaina surface bc I did both at the same time OR the displacement of the shell intersected with the GP shell. I tried a variety of tiling settings, and again no dice. All that being said, sometimes you just gotta restart Daz and the PC and things fix themselves.

I was using a G8 character and while the texture wizard did a decent job, I wanted the labia much shinier, partially due to the lighting.

I ended up just cranking up the Top Coat weight on the GP shell and reflectivity and that seemed to do the trick, but I would like to get a good workflow for this. And yes, I am dying for your Sweat part of your newest shell. I bought the Base version in anticipation of that coming out - I very rarely do renders with liquid effects like water droplets, and frankly don't understand half the settings in there, but I use Sweat all the time and I have been sweating it out waiting LOL.