Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LustOverEverything  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2023 7:33:12 PM(UTC)
LustOverEverything

When i add the shell to my render everything seems fine, i add an HDRI and denoiser however and it starts to come up like this? I've been trying to fix this issue for ages at a time and its frustrating, here is what it looks like as well as the final render 

i am using IMAGUR because of the file size limit. here are the links 

https://imgur.com/a/YzeRuwt

kcam001  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 21, 2023 2:06:56 PM(UTC)
kcam001

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I use the denoiser as well as it saves a hell of a time trying to work out how to do the post work which can take quite a long time fiddling with. I'd maybe try increasing the pixel filter radius to 1 and put the start iteration right down to 8 or 9 as that will smooth out the image as its being rendered from the start of the process. You could also try maxing out the max samples and setting the max time to 0 then also max out the rendering quality and time. Also you'll need to bear in mind as well that if you have an AMD graphics card GPU rendering will not work which will make the denoiser tool impossible to use.
LustOverEverything  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 21, 2023 2:17:33 PM(UTC)
LustOverEverything

Originally Posted by: kcam001 Go to Quoted Post
I use the denoiser as well as it saves a hell of a time trying to work out how to do the post work which can take quite a long time fiddling with. I'd maybe try increasing the pixel filter radius to 1 and put the start iteration right down to 8 or 9 as that will smooth out the image as its being rendered from the start of the process. You could also try maxing out the max samples and setting the max time to 0 then also max out the rendering quality and time. Also you'll need to bear in mind as well that if you have an AMD graphics card GPU rendering will not work which will make the denoiser tool impossible to use.

i see, i will try these options, im also using a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card i set the HDRI to scene only and the shell works but it doesent give me the lighting i need

Edited by user Sunday, May 21, 2023 2:47:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

kcam001  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 21, 2023 3:19:56 PM(UTC)
kcam001

I tend to stay clear of the environment lighting when doing anything to do with lights in out door environments. You could try setting up a distant light if you're putting in a dark HDRI but for daylight HDRI's your best bet would be the tone mapping.
LustOverEverything  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 21, 2023 5:36:51 PM(UTC)
LustOverEverything

Originally Posted by: kcam001 Go to Quoted Post
I tend to stay clear of the environment lighting when doing anything to do with lights in out door environments. You could try setting up a distant light if you're putting in a dark HDRI but for daylight HDRI's your best bet would be the tone mapping.

Its the post denoiser thats causing this issue is there a way around it?

kcam001  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 21, 2023 6:03:45 PM(UTC)
kcam001

Not sure if this will work in your case but try setting the lights on any cameras you have to off and also set the auto headlamp to never in general settings. I generally only use them when posing if the scene is dark but it needs to be turned off when rendering as it can screw up the image.

Edited by user Sunday, May 21, 2023 6:05:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Thunder-3D  
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 21, 2023 6:45:14 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 158 post(s)

There's possibly several things affecting the render, but it's really hard to tell.

Usually I can figure out what is breaking USM in a render from the picture but this one has me stumped. I've never seen it appear this way.

Can you send me a copy of the scene file to the email provided in the readme document? That will be a good place to start :)

Thunder-3D  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2023 10:24:39 AM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 158 post(s)

This appears to be solved, it was an issue with the render settings. :)