Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Marter1  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2023 5:54:08 AM(UTC)
Marter1

I get the following errors when loading a garrote into my scene:

The files below cannot be found:

/runtime/Geometries/davo/term5/Garrote 1.cr2

/runtime/geometries/davo/term5/T5gar1.obj

/runtime/textures/davo/term5/T5gar1.jpg

I get this error when I place  davo_T5garrote1_daz3d in My Library or in My Library/Content

The files do exist in the mentioned directories, I could easely find them in the file explorer.

Regards, Peter

haruchai  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2023 6:15:26 AM(UTC)
haruchai

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 58 post(s)

I am assuming that you are using DAZ Studio.

Is the Runtime you found the files in added to the Content Directory of your DAZ Studio program? If not DAZ doesn't know where to look for the files and I'm guessing that might be the problem.

Open DAZ Studio. Go to the Content Library tab. Click on the icon with lines and a triangle at the top right (Hamburger icon). Click on Content Directory Manager. In the new window click on the + sign next to Poser Formats (if there is one) and check the path to your Runtime is correct. If there isn't a + sign click on Poser Formats and then on the left click Add... Now a window will open to Select A Directory. Navigate to the drive and folder that is your main Library (not the actual Runtime). You will know this as this is the library you found the files in. For example mine is F:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library.

The only other thing I can think of is that, if the Runtime is correct in the Directory Manager, then the files are not in the correct folders inside the Runtime but you have said they are but maybe check they are in the right Runtime.

Hope this helps and I'm not way off base here :)

Edited by user Friday, May 19, 2023 6:19:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ZenMaster3D  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2023 7:13:07 AM(UTC)
ZenMaster3D

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 95 post(s)

Owning this product myself as well I can at least rule out the issue of a possible bug, because it loads just fine on my end. I'm in agreement with Hurachai on this one that the addition of the Poser formatting entry is the most likely issue, also because Davo has a tendency to keep his archives "clean"; referring to only including the folders you need (in this case: data, Props & runtime).

I hope you have set up a dedicated folder for your 3rd party or "naughty" stuff because that can make this process a whole lot more easier.

One comment though, it may be easier to simply right click on the content library pane itself, then select the "Content Directory Manager..." option. From there you can check what library folders you've added to Daz Studio. Figured I'd share because I couldn't find any option within the pane itself for this.

thanks 1 user thanked ZenMaster3D for this useful post.
haruchai on 5/19/2023(UTC)
davo  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2023 10:13:17 AM(UTC)
davo

Was thanked: 280 time(s) in 165 post(s)

Hi guys, thank you for chiming in and helping till I got here.

After I installed the daz studio version of this product zip file, which I'm assuming is the one Marter1 is installing, I was able to load the garrote from the library as a stand alone.  Mind you, this is a product that was converted to DS from Poser by Freeone, and his method of inserting the garrote would be to insert a G8 character, click on the character and then apply the pose, the garrote and iron cuffs would insert as a 'wearable preset' and automatically parent and pose all items.  That being said, the stand alone garrote from the library shown in this attached image should load correctly.  I want to make sure that all of the 'data' and runtime files are there, see the below image and see if all the data files are in this location (same my daz folder as the other stuff you unzipped)

davo attached the following image(s):
ds_help2.jpg
thanks 1 user thanked davo for this useful post.
ZenMaster3D on 5/19/2023(UTC)
Marter1  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2023 10:20:44 AM(UTC)
Marter1

Thank you both for your quick reply. I think I am missing a point somewhere. Is DS reorganizing any files that I put in My Library ? I see that the unzipped file has a Runtime directory, but My Library has one as well. I have both the unzipped 'davo_T5garrote1_daz3d' folder (with its own runtime folder) as wel as the standard 'Runtime' folder in My Library.

davo  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2023 10:29:51 AM(UTC)
davo

There should only be 1 runtime folder, see image below.

ds_help3.jpg
Marter1  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2023 10:35:54 AM(UTC)
Marter1

Found it ! Thank you for your help, it really made things clear to me. I never noticed that the unzipping redistributed files over already existing folders. So I removed my hand copied folder. Then downloaded the file again and unzipped it to 'My Library', instead of unzippeng and then move it to My Library.
davo  
#8 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2023 11:04:58 AM(UTC)
davo

yay!  Glad it helped.  As Zenmaster3D mentioned, it's sometimes good to extract all similar content such as renderotica content, to it's own external folder.  I put all my G8F content into a DazG8F folder, all my G8M content into a DazG8M folder, all my environments and props like vehicles, scenery and such into  DazProps folder and so on. It's an organizational thing and allows me keep My Daz3D Library from becoming so large that it's hard to back up.  Here is a screen grab of my Unzipping tutorial I include with all my zip files...   if you want the actual pdf file so it's larger, just shoot me an email

Tutorials.jpg