Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
goingfortwo  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2023 4:01:08 PM(UTC)
goingfortwo

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

A user requested that I set up my AI images better for filtering, and I let him know about this apparent bug, which is probably why my images aren't filtering properly. Once you select a category in Gallery Categories on the one-page submission form, all the Gallery Preferences checkboxes are grayed out. This occurs even if you select a preference first and then a category. I'm guessing this is simply a bug and not by design. I can use the wizard in the meantime, but I find the one-page form easier and more convenient. Thanks!

RangerRabbit  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2023 7:36:46 PM(UTC)
RangerRabbit

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 112 post(s)

Originally Posted by: goingfortwo Go to Quoted Post

A user requested that I set up my AI images better for filtering, and I let him know about this apparent bug, which is probably why my images aren't filtering properly. Once you select a category in Gallery Categories on the one-page submission form, all the Gallery Preferences checkboxes are grayed out. This occurs even if you select a preference first and then a category. I'm guessing this is simply a bug and not by design. I can use the wizard in the meantime, but I find the one-page form easier and more convenient. Thanks!

The submission form is set to gray out certain other Category sections as soon as you choose from one. So if you choose "Rendered User Images (3D-CG)", it will gray out the "AI Generate Images only" and "General User Images (2D)" categories only and likewise, if you choose from "AI Generated Images only", it will gray out "Rendered User Images (3D-CG)" and "General User Images (2D)".  It should NOT gray out the "Gallery Preferences" further down the page. You can still select AI Generated as a "Gallery Preference" so that people can add that to their personal preferences for filtering. Make sure you have Javascript enabled so this feature works properly for you.

RangerRabbit
Renderotica Management
thanks 2 users thanked RangerRabbit for this useful post.
Zaavaleta on 5/8/2023(UTC), ContentModerator on 5/8/2023(UTC)
goingfortwo  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2023 9:26:37 PM(UTC)
goingfortwo

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

I have an associate's degree in web development, although that never worked out as a career, so I know that I have JavaScript enabled in Google Chrome, with no customized behaviors for specific sites. If I click on a 3D or AI category, the other set does not gray out. If I click on a 3D category, everything's fine, but if I click on an AI category, the preferences are always grayed out.

RangerRabbit  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2023 10:15:26 PM(UTC)
RangerRabbit

We will look into this. I am using Chrome and when I test it, it appears to be working as it should. I will have our programmers look into it and try to determine why the inconsistency. Thanks for letting us know.

RangerRabbit
Renderotica Management
Zaavaleta  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2023 6:35:26 AM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 63 post(s)

Originally Posted by: RangerRabbit Go to Quoted Post

The submission form is set to gray out certain other Category sections as soon as you choose from one. So if you choose "Rendered User Images (3D-CG)", it will gray out the "AI Generate Images only" and "General User Images (2D)" categories only and likewise, if you choose from "AI Generated Images only", it will gray out "Rendered User Images (3D-CG)" and "General User Images (2D)".  It should NOT gray out the "Gallery Preferences" further down the page. You can still select AI Generated as a "Gallery Preference" so that people can add that to their personal preferences for filtering. Make sure you have Javascript enabled so this feature works properly for you.

Thank you all so much for adding this. I know it's probably a pain to moderate this type of content when there are hybrid 3D/AI images, but I think this will make things easier to filter overall, plus it stops people from "checking all the boxes" to get as many views as possible. Also, hopefully it will ease relations between the AI/non-AI camps.

I just tested it in Chrome and Firefox and got pretty much the same result as goingfortwo.

thanks 2 users thanked Zaavaleta for this useful post.
RangerRabbit on 5/8/2023(UTC), goingfortwo on 5/8/2023(UTC)
RangerRabbit  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2023 8:43:25 AM(UTC)
RangerRabbit

Thanks for the information. We are looking into this issue now. Hopefully we can get it resolved so the form works as it should. Thank you for the input.
RangerRabbit
Renderotica Management