Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
OhNoSheDied  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2023 5:44:51 PM(UTC)
OhNoSheDied

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have a few posts right now and several things in the works. I keep running into a issue though. If I set a new pose to work from the character always moves back to the spawn? Like my post from this morning. That prop..if I spawn it and the character at the same time she will attach to it no problem. But when I move the bench and her to the room I work in and then hit pose she pops back to spawn in the correct pose and I have to inch her around till she is in the bench right.

And all of yesterday I was also working on a multiple part story in the woods. Every time it was time to start the next scene when I hit the pose I wanted to start working from they move way the fuck back to spawn?

Is this some setting I fucked up?
Chaosophia  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2023 7:04:36 PM(UTC)
Chaosophia

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 66 post(s)

Try saving the pose with xyz translations checked for the human character, and prop.

thanks 1 user thanked Chaosophia for this useful post.
OhNoSheDied on 3/22/2023(UTC)
Chaosophia  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2023 7:05:59 PM(UTC)
Chaosophia

You can always load in the pose and prop then parent to a sphere below the ground and move the sphere to the area ya want.

thanks 1 user thanked Chaosophia for this useful post.
OhNoSheDied on 3/22/2023(UTC)
OhNoSheDied  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2023 7:09:29 PM(UTC)
OhNoSheDied

Originally Posted by: Chaosophia Go to Quoted Post
You can always load in the pose and prop then parent to a sphere below the ground and move the sphere to the area ya want.

Thank you! I'll try playing around with this tonight. I'm still extremely new so I haven't done much with parenting yet. I had seen that option and tried to see if I could figure that out last night. When she wouldn't attach to the bench I tried parenting her to the bench but that just attached her head to the middle of the bench lol.

It was worth a shot
OhNoSheDied  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2023 12:56:59 AM(UTC)
OhNoSheDied

Originally Posted by: Chaosophia Go to Quoted Post

Hopefully this isnt considered spamming the board haha but I just wanted to thank you again. I am home now and took me a second to figure out paranting like this (took me a second to notice parent in place they kept popping below the ground) but what you just taught me is a life changer man :D

ZenMaster3D  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2023 5:07:50 AM(UTC)
ZenMaster3D

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 97 post(s)
Late reaction but.. oh well.. if this is about Daz Studio you can also apply another workflow: load a figure, set up the pose you want, then save it as a scene sub-set which you can then load into your main scene. However... if you load a figure by double clicking then it will always load at "spawn" (center). Keep alt pressed while dragging it into your scene: then you can determine the position.
Chaosophia  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2023 12:21:50 AM(UTC)
Chaosophia

Glad the tip helps, sorry for the delay in response, I didn't see it until now. Also an awesome tip from Zen here, thank you I was unaware of that trick.