Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ebonix115  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2023 10:09:44 PM(UTC)
Ebonix115

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 53 post(s)

Let me start off by saying you've outdone yourself again Davo. Damn near everything you make turns to liquid gold, so thank you good human being, for making more amazing content. 

Now, onto the meat of the matter. I just bought AutomatiX and I love the set, it's amazing. However, I've got one issue with it. The conveyor belt seems to only move from -70% to 100%. This isn't perse a huge problem, but I'm working through animations that will include the belts in the backgrounds. For this reason, I'd like to make the belts continue to move, as in make a full rotation. I did try to edit the parameter settings and I tired turning the limits off, neither of those seemed to dothe trick. So I thought I'd reach out to you directly and ask. 

Again, thank you so much for all the hard work you do and I look forward to your next product! 

davo  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2023 11:23:18 PM(UTC)
davo

Was thanked: 281 time(s) in 165 post(s)
Oooo I think you might have the wrong vendor, AutomatiX is a Powerage product 😉 . My set is the vendo box storage facility which also had conveyor belt items. You might want to ping Powerage.
Cheers,
Davo
Ebonix115  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2023 8:01:28 PM(UTC)
Ebonix115

My goodness, you're right. I was 75% asleep last night when I sent this, I'm sorry about that. Looking again at my content library, I remember now what I wanted to ask you about the Storage Facility (bought it with the Spring Sale). The conveyor belt on yours doesn't seem to have the morph to make it "move" like a conveyor belt (unless I'm missing it entirely, which I might cause blindness) I've checked all the bones and all the parameters that are available (images below) I just wanted to make sure that it actually wasn't a thing. If it is, could you point me to where it's at? 

Thank you again and have a good eve!

Ebonix115 attached the following image(s):
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
davo  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2023 8:06:52 PM(UTC)
davo

Hi,
The conveyors "belt" is a static piece. It's got morphs for width, length and hiding it so all you see is the roller bars, but it does not in and of itself spin like a conveyor belt would, that would require some advanced rigging and morphs that are beyond me. I generally don't take animation into account when making models like that. I hope it works well for your other needs.
Cheers,
Davo
thanks 1 user thanked davo for this useful post.
Ebonix115 on 3/21/2023(UTC)
Ebonix115  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2023 8:16:51 PM(UTC)
Ebonix115

Thank you for clarifying. I'll find some way to make this work.

Tis a good eve!
davo  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2023 8:18:51 PM(UTC)
davo

One thing you might look into which might be a simple thing, (or not), is an animated texture. I have no idea how those work but apparently you are supposed to be able to. If you do find something and find success, let me know.
D