Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
inquire  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2023 1:54:54 PM(UTC)
inquire

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Now, I'm trying to learn Fender Bender. I already had Dicktator with Cocky Clackers on a G8M, and I had run a dForce simulation, and done a render.

Then, I rotated the figure and wanted a shot of the anus. I decided to try Fender Bender. I selected Fender Bender with Dicktator (even though I already had Dicktator applied) because the second version of Dicktator would not show from the angle of the new render.

The Fender Bender was white. I did the Mat Copy. The Fender Bender still stayed white. I tired the Fix Omni Script, as that always worked with the Dicktator Shell. I got an error message that I needed to select a geoshell. I checked that I did have  Fender Bender selected in the Scene Tab. Tried again. Same error message. Then, I tried the other Fix Script, twice. I got the same error message.

Did the error occur because I didn't start with Fender Bender and have only one Dicktator? Is there a way to fix this.

I'm on a Macintosh running OS 12.6.2, and DAZ Studio 4.20.0.5.

BrotherHades  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2023 3:25:04 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 238 post(s)

Pay attention to the error report you were given. 

The white is because you have a shell in the scene and when grafts are added to the figure, Daz Studio by default adds the new graft surfaces to any and all existing shell(s) (In this case the Dicktator shell) and as the shell doesn't have surface information for the new surfaces it defaults to white, you need to select the Shell(s) and run the shell fix script or omni fix with the shell(s) selected

Alternately you can select the shell and go under parameters and turn off the added Fender Blender surfaces, or go under Surfaces Tab go to the shell surfaces and set opacity on the added Fender Blender surfaces to 0%

But usually the shell fix scripts will turn off the extra surfaces, but you have to have the shell selected when you run the script.

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
Meipe on 1/18/2023(UTC)
TheBitterGent  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2023 2:30:30 AM(UTC)
TheBitterGent

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 112 post(s)
You have
- Figures (Genesis')
- Grafts (Added Anatomy Geometry)
- Shells (Detail Paint coat over Anatomy Geometries)

Figures need a "Skin" Material (Select Figure and load skin)

Grafts need a Copy of the "Skin" Material (Select the Figure and then use the Grafts "MAT Copy" Script to assign the Figures Mat to the Graft)

Shells have have their own materials. However, when a new shell is added to a figure, other shells Daz will make appear white. (Select the last SHELL added and run the Shell Fixer Script. Continue selecting any additional Shells and running the Shell Fix script as needed).

Sometimes graft geometries will overlap and a specific build/load order should be used to be sure there isn't clipping or stretching when posing later. (You can switch to hidden line or better wireframe in the viewport to check the geometry for intersections.)
thanks 1 user thanked TheBitterGent for this useful post.
Meipe on 1/18/2023(UTC)
inquire  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2023 1:44:58 PM(UTC)
inquire

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)

OK. I get it. Thank you both for your help. The Shell Fix by Omni helped as well. I was using this, and had the Fender Bender shell selected. I needed to select the other shells (or at least one other shell) to get rid of the white on Fender Bender.